Officials: Unattended stove causes Lake in the Hills fire

 
 
Updated 4/27/2016 1:15 PM

Food left unattended on a stove led to a Wednesday morning townhouse fire in Lake in the Hills, fire officials said.

About 7:20 a.m., a neighbor notified authorities of a smoke detector going off and the smell of something burning at a two-story townhouse on the 100 block of Harvest Gate, according to a news release from the Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District.

by signing up you agree to our terms of service
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 

Fire crews arrived soon after to find light smoke showing from inside the townhouse. Upon entering, they located a pot of food that had been left cooking on the stove, officials said. Residents were not home at the time.

Nobody was injured in the fire, which was extinguished by 7:35 a.m., authorities said.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.