Sautéed Chicken Thighs & Toasted Farro with Scallions, Cauliflower and Egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
6 bone-in, skin on chicken pieces, thighs, breasts, your choice; skinless and boneless are OK too*
In a small bowl, combine the oil and the spices. Rub the chicken all over and under the skin if using skin on pieces. Heat a saute pan with canola or grapeseed oil. Once hot, add chicken, skin side down to the pan.
Sauté the chicken until the skin is nicely browned, turn chicken and repeat of the opposite side. The goal is to flip once. Cook on the first side 75 percent of the cooking time so the chicken will cook into the middle; flip to cook on the other side for the last 25 percent of the cooking time.
Transfer chicken to a sheet pan, cover and set aside.