Reflejos takes 11 national awards
Reflejos Publications, the Daily Heralds' bilingual weekly publication, won 11 national awards from the National Association of Hispanic Publications at its 32nd Annual Convention, including a gold award for Mango, the monthly entertainment guide.
Reflejos was entered with publications from all over the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, who serve news and information to the ever growing Latino community.
One of the areas Reflejos was recognized for was its annual Reflecting Excellence Event.
"This is one of our most outstanding accomplishments, as it is an evening where we recognize the businesses and organizations who 'Reflect Excellence' in their services and products delivered to our community," said Linda Siete, manager of sales and operations.
This year's event is set for Nov. 18 at Elgin Community College Business Center.
Reflejos won the following awards:
• Gold for Mango, a monthly bilingual entertainment section, which looks to national talent stories as well as encompassing all the local venues.
• Silver for Outstanding Bilingual Weekly with over 30,000 in distribution
• Silver for Outstanding Event -- Reflejos Annual 'Reflecting Excellence Awards'
• Silver for Outstanding Editorial in Spanish -- Marco Ortiz
• Silver for Outstanding Editorial in English -- Marco Ortiz
• Silver for Outstanding Multiple Article Series -- Barbara Vitello
• Silver for Outstanding Business Presentation -- 'Understanding Diversity'
• Bronze for Outstanding Special Section Design -- Wedding and Quincenera Guide
• Bronze for Outstanding Health Sections -- Health & Wellness editions
• Bronze for Outstanding Special Section -- Reflejos College Guides
• Bronze for Outstanding Centerspread Design -- 'Christian de la Fuente -- Hispanics Are a Strong Force'