It may have its share of adult-oriented rock bands, beer and summertime escape, but Naperville's Ribfest also offers plenty for younger festivalgoers.
• To start, if you are 11 or younger, admission is free.
• During Family Fun Time -- every afternoon from noon to 3 p.m. -- admission drops to $10 for adults. Meanwhile, $10 carnival mega passes allow unlimited carnival rides throughout the afternoon's Family Fun Time.
• Young festivalgoers and family members can explore the Naperville Bank and Trust Family Area, which has eight playful attractions open from noon to 8 p.m., including a SpongeBob bounce house and inflatable obstacle course.
• More competitive youngsters can attempt the bungee run, where two runners sprint 35 feet to the finish line while attached to the same bungee cord.
• Daring kids can try the mechanical bull for 360 degrees of dizziness. (Remember: Don't ride right after eating!)
• Young fans of the holiday can watch the Fourth of July Fireworks at 9:30 p.m., a show that lasts more than 25 minutes and includes simulcast music from 104.3 K-Hits.
• Miller's Petting Zoo will feature dozens of goats, llamas and Flemish Giant rabbits that can weigh up to 20 pounds.
• While you will be in charge of making the ribs disappear, the Balster Magic shows will feature card tricks, sleight of hand puzzlers and illusions three times a day for the entire festival.
• Friday and Sunday afternoon also will feature Jim Nesci's Cold Blooded Creatures. Nesci has worked with Oprah Winfrey and the late Steve Irwin, and his reptile show features creatures like Big Al, the 250-pound tortoise, and Bubba the Alligator, an 8-foot-long alligator with a 2-foot-wide smile.
• Hundreds of superheroes, flowers and animals can be painted on your face by Erica's Funny Faces every day from 1 to 3 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m.
• Members of the Chicago White Sox will be present from 12 to 3 p.m. on Saturday to give free baseball seminars and sign autographs for fans young and old alike.
• The Radio Disney Kids radio show will entertain young pop audiences on the Navistar Main Stage at 2 p.m. Thursday.
• And of course, there's food! A $5 pulled pork sandwich will be featured between noon and 3 p.m. every day of the festival.
For information, schedules and advance tickets visit ribfest.net.