• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Jonathan C. Hernandez, 22, of the 400 block of Elmhurst Street, Wood Dale, was arrested around 4:45 a. m. June 13 on the 300 block of West Touhy Avenue and charged with battery and resisting arrest. According to police reports, Hernandez repeatedly swore at the officers, verbally threatened them and chest-bumped and elbowed an officer. He struggled during the arrest and at the police department, reports added. His court date is July 5.
• Laura Garibay, 31, of the 1300 block of Algonquin Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 12:15 p.m. June 5 at Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., and charged with retail theft after a security agent told police she took merchandise valued at $233, hid the items in her children's stroller and leave without paying, police reports said. Her court date is June 27.
• Thieves stole a white 1992 Honda Civic between 1 and 7:30 a.m. June 13 on the 1000 block of Wilson Drive.
• Thieves stole 50 12-foot wooden beams, a wheel barrow, and aluminum step ladder between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. June 13 from a construction site at 1500 E. Rand Road. Value was estimated at $725.
• Rosemarie K. Grimm, 53, of the 1400 block of Salk Lane, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. June 8 at Walmart, 930 Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with retail theft. An employee reported seeing her push a shopping cart with merchandise out of the store. According to police reports, she admitted that she had not paid for the items valued at $192. Her court date is June 26.
• Adebayo Emmanuel, 23, of the 7300 block of Hoyne, Chicago, was arrested around 10:15 a.m. June 5 at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse and charged with felony possession of others' credit cards. Officers found him with 19 debit/credit cards belonging to victims who were not aware of the cards' existence, reports said. According to reports, the offender used victims' information to get the cards. His court date is July 2.
• Vandals broke a 2-foot by 3-foot frosted glass window on the west side of Lincoln Junior High School, 700 W. Lincoln St., between June 10 and 12. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Thieves opened an apartment garage between June 3 and 10 on the 1000 block of Tamarack and stole nine truck tires and hand tools. Value was estimated at $5,250.