• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Andrew R. Borczak, 23, of Wildmere Drive, Elgin, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. Feb. 9 during a traffic stop at Lake Street and Route 59 and charged with DUI, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and traffic violations. His court date is March 14.
• Thieves stole two power saws valued at $2,800 out of the back of a Ford work truck on Auburn Lane around 11:35 a.m. Feb. 8.
• Juan H. Perez, 31, and Andrea Montenegro, 24, both of the 1800 block of Ontarioville, Hanover Park, were arrested at their home around 7:50 a.m. Feb. 14. Perez was charged with obstructing a police officer; Montenegro was charged with possession of marijuana.
• Michael S. Leisering, 20, of the 7900 block of Berkshire, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9:20 p.m. Feb. 13 at Cumberland and Oxford and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Richard W. Motalo, 58, of the 300 block of Greenfeather, Elgin, was arrested around 2:30 p.m. Feb. 11 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Quentin P. Ivy, 27, of the 1600 block of Liberty, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11:55 p.m. Feb. 11 and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Patrick L. Anderson, 18, of the 1800 block of Hollywood, Hanover Park, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. Feb. 11 at Hollywood and Jonquil and charged with theft.
• A man on the 2000 block of Army Trail Road was defrauded around 6:30 p.m. Feb. 13 after being told his electricity service would be shut off if he didn't make a payment.
• Veronica Supulveda, 31, of the 2400 block of Biltmore Circle, Aurora, was arrested around 10:35 p.m. Feb. 8 at Sutton and Bode roads and charged with illegal transportation of alcohol, permitting an unauthorized person to operate a motor vehicle and intoxicated pedestrian in the roadway after an officer stopped her car, driven by a man who did not have a driver's license. She got out of the car while intoxicated and demanded to know what was going on, police reports said. She refused to get back into the car, where an officer found an open can of beer. Her court date is March 1.
• Mitchell Allen, 21, of the 400 block of Iverson Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 11:55 p.m. Feb. 10 at his home and charged with criminal damage to property after he set toilet paper on fire in a men's washroom at America's Bar, 2308 W. Higgins Road, reports said. He left the bar, even though an employee tried to stop him and ask about the fire, reports said. An employee was able to extinguish the fire. Allen's court date is March 18.
• Olarewadjou Wabi-Hansin, 22, of the 900 block of West Eastwood, Chicago, was arrested around 6:15 p.m. Feb. 12 on the 1400 block of Pheasant Trail Court and charged with three counts of child endangerment after Wabi-Hansin, a baby sitter, left three young children home alone while she picked up three other children from school, reports said. Officers were responding to a residential alarm activated at the front door when they found the children alone. Her court date is March 1.
• Thieves stole the wheels and rims from a trailer and the catalytic converter from a 2007 Ford F550 truck in a business lot at 2095 Stonington Avenue between 3:30 p.m. Feb. 8 and 3 p.m. Feb. 9. Thieves also stole three wheels and rims from a 1998 Ford Windstar between 7 p.m. Feb. 8 and 7 a.m. Feb. 9 in a lot at 2079 Stonington Avenue.