Daily Herald - Suburban Chicago's source for news This copy is for personal, non-commercial use. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution you can: 1) Use the "Reprint" button found on the top and bottom of every article, 2) Visit reprints.theygsgroup.com/dailyherald.asp for samples and additional information or 3) Order a reprint of this article now.
Article updated: 1/12/2013 9:25 AM

Cary man accused of assaulting five children

By Christopher Placek

A 38-year-old Cary man was arrested on sexual abuse charges Friday for "committing numerous sexual acts" with victims he knew over the course of six months, police said.

Michael S. Reck, of the 0-100 block of Wulff Street, was charged with two counts of predatory criminal sexual assault, seven counts of criminal sexual assault, and two counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse -- all felonies.

Police said so far they have identified five victims between the ages of 4 and 14 -- both male and female -- who are known by Reck.

Authorities said they immediately initiated an investigation after learning of the incidents last Sunday.

The investigation is still open, with the possibility additional victims will be identified and more charges levied against Reck, police said.

Reck is in custody at the McHenry County jail on $580,000 bail. He is due in court Saturday morning.

Copyright © 2014 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.