• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Two men pushed a 72-year-old man to the ground on the 900 block of South Third Avenue around midnight Dec. 21, punched him, and stole his wallet and a brown flannel shirt containing a small digital camera. Value was estimated at $80.
• Burglars stole a portable generator, hammer drill, and saw out of a 1989 Ford utility truck in an apartment lot on the 1300 block of Webford Avenue between 6 p.m. Dec. 15 and noon Dec. 16. Value was estimated at $3,277.
• Vandals put scratches on the hood and roof and a long continuous scratch on all sides of a 2002 BMW SUV at a home on the 300 block of Alles Street between 9 p.m. Dec. 21 and 9:20 a.m. Dec. 23. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• Burglars pried a garage door at a warehouse at 521 Santa Rose Drive between Dec. 13 and 20, stole a floor scrubbing machine out of the building and took an air conditioner from the north side, copper wire from two air conditioner units on the east side and copper from three units on the roof. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• Burglars climbed through an unlocked bedroom window at a home on the 800 block of Margret Street between 11 a.m. and 8:40 p.m. Dec. 19 and stole a computer, video-game system, and a lockbox containing money and important personal papers. Value was estimated at $2,100.
• A woman stole six packs of razor blades and about five bottles of liquor from Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St., between 2:20 and 2:40 p.m. Dec. 23. She and a small boy, 5-6 years old, left through the produce door and fled in a black Dodge Magnum driven by male accomplice. The woman was described as 30 years old, 5 feet 7, 140 pounds, brown hair in a ponytail, and wearing dark pants and coat and a Green Bay Packers jersey. The boy was wearing a Green Bay Packers colored coat. The male driver was estimated at 35 years of age, 5 feet 11, 200 pounds, messy light blond hair. Value was estimated at $230.
• Miguel Munguía, 21, of the 1300 block of East Howard Avenue, Des Plaines, and Hugo Rodriguez, 18, of the 2100 block of South Ash Street, Des Plaines, were arrested around 5:15 p.m. Dec. 19 on the 1900 block of South Mannheim Road and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. Their court date is Jan. 25.
• Anthony J. Cadero, 20, of the 600 block of Birchwood Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 7:55 a.m. Dec. 22 at during a traffic stop at 11 E. Golf Road and charged with local ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is Jan. 18.
• Scott Stewart, 27, of the 1400 block of East Wicke Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 8:50 p.m. Dec. 22 after a traffic stop on the 1500 block of South Lee Street and charged with a traffic violation and local ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is Jan. 23.
• Thieves stole a black and green BMX bike locked to the bike rack at the Des Plaines Library, 1501 Ellinwood St., between 4:30 and 6 p.m. Dec. 21. Value was estimated at $80.
• Armando L. Gonzalez, 33, of the 300 block of Alyssa, Plano, was arrested around 1 p.m. Dec. 22 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after he reportedly took an ink cartridge from a shelf and tried to return it for cash. Value was estimated at $67.
• Thieves used bolt cutters to cut the lock on a storage locker in an apartment building on the 1200 block of North Sterling Avenue between Dec. 2 and 24 and stole power tools, brushes and painting supplies, two pieces of luggage, two storage containers with clothes, a snow shovel, camping lantern, ladder, floor fan and two garbage bags of Tupperware.
• Burglars stole $208 out of an unlocked 2008 Nissan Altima in an apartment lot on the 1900 block of North Hicks Road between 2:45 and 4 p.m. Dec. 25.