Kick off a fun-filled fall season at Autumn Harvest, from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, at North School Park, Arlington Heights Road and Miner Street, in Arlington Heights.
Make your plans now for the scarecrow building contest (supplies furnished), a hayride, or showing off your pet in the Pet Parade. There will also be a kids' craft area, balloon artists, petting zoo, food and live entertainment.
Start off the day with a family bicycle ride, "Pedal Hard -- Breathe Easy," that starts at Hasbrook Park, 333 W. Maude, Arlington Heights, at 9:30 a.m. with registration and activities. The 4.3-mile ride will take off from Hasbrook at 10 a.m. and ends at North School Park. Email email@example.com to preregister for the bike ride by Thursday, Oct. 4. Registration will also take place at Hasbrook Park the morning of the bike ride.
The first 75 children to register will receive an Idle Free Arlington backpack that promotes the village's initiative to encourage drivers to idle less while dropping off children at schools and activities, waiting at a railroad crossing or waiting in line at a drive-through. These few "idle free" steps can improve air quality and help everyone to "breathe easy."
After the bike ride, enjoy the activities at Autumn Harvest:
• 11 a.m.: Event opens. Register for the Scarecrow Building Contest (all materials will be supplied)
• 11:30-noon: Spectrum, Fusion and Synergy Dance Company
• 12:30-1 p.m.: South Middle School Band
• 1:30-2:30 p.m.: Little Nashville Band, a high energy, family-focused live concert that features today's country music coupled with contagious lyrics for children of all ages.
• 2:45-3:30 p.m.: Getting Excited about Science
• 3 p.m.: Pet Parade, all pets accepted. Register your pet at 2:30 p.m. in the Pet Parade area located on Eastman, just south of the Park.
• Send Your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.