• James K. Boyne, 19, of the 600 block of Lusted Lane, received an ordinance violation ticket at 12:42 a.m. Friday, charging him with possession of cannabis (fewer than 2.5 grams) in the 300 block of West Wilson Street, according to a police report.
Contact information ( * required )
• A 5-foot section of used iron sewage pipe and an unspecified amount of 1-foot sections of used aluminum soffit material, total value $330, were stolen in the 600 block of Garfield Avenue, it was reported at 11:25 a.m. Wednesday, according to a police report.
• A company that leased a jukebox and a pool table to a restaurant in the 0-99 block of North Island Avenue reported the items stolen Wednesday, police said. The restaurant that leased the items closed more than two years ago, and the site was vacant until a new restaurant opened earlier this month.
• A vehicle in the 100 block of North Mallory Avenue was deliberately scratched, it was reported at 12:19 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
• Graffiti was painted on a storage building and the western dugout at Prairie Path Park, 813 Mark Twain Drive, it was reported at 10:08 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
• Between 7 p.m. Dec. 19 and 7 a.m. Dec. 22, someone cut the cords on Christmas lights in the front yard of a house in the 39W700 block of North Hathaway Lane, near Geneva, according to a sheriff's report.
• Two Aurora women were arrested Thursday, charged with stealing more than $300 in merchandise from the TJ Maxx in the 300 block of Randall Road, according to a police report. Sherece R. Jones, 27, of the 1200 block of 2nd Avenue, and Barbara A. Shaw, 33, of the 900 block of East Lake Street, were each charged with felony retail theft for trying to steal clothes, sunglasses and other items from the store, Sgt. Mike Doty said. Bail was set Friday morning at $20,000 for both women, and both have a Jan. 10 hearing at the Elgin branch court.