#ILGive Campaign generates over $2 million for nonprofits on Giving Tuesday
More photos Hide photos
On Nov. 28, nonprofit organizations all across the state took part in #ILGive, Illinois' official Giving Tuesday campaign.
#ILGive is a 24-hour digital fundraising event that connects individuals with the causes that matter to them, and empowers donors to give to the local nonprofits that tackle our communities' most critical issues.
In just 24 hours, more than $2 million were raised for Illinois nonprofits! One day of giving has long-lasting impacts for nonprofits.
Giving Tuesday is a great opportunity for agencies to spread the word about their missions, reach new donors, and highlight the projects they are working on to benefit local communities.
The Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley offers a few Giving Tuesday success stories from local nonprofits from the Fox River Valley.
• Water Street Studios in Batavia raised $12,300.
"Giving Tuesday was a game changer for us this year at Water Street Studios! We set an ambitious goal of raising $10,000 for our art education and outreach programs," said Danielle Hollis, executive director. "We sent out personal messages, social media blasts, and emails reminding our community about the importance of supporting the arts by joining the global giving movement. The message resonated with our community of support because we exceeded our goal and raised $12,300 for our programs! We are so grateful for our community of supporters. Thank you to everyone who participated by donating on Giving Tuesday. Each and every one of you keeps the arts alive in our community."
• Association for Individual Development raised $53,174.
"Giving Tuesday is a day dedicated to reinvigorating our current donor base as well as acquiring new AID advocates. While we do see donations throughout the year, promoting a 'day of giving' with a specific goal amount in mind truly energizes our supporters," said Karen Koch, AID chief financial officer. "This Giving Tuesday, we promoted three specific AID programs for funds raised: client health improvement, client dental support and emergency housing support. We had an amazing turnout of old and new supporters this year. The impact will help further our mission in 2018 and beyond."
• Mutual Ground raised $28,645.
"GivingTuesday gives us the opportunity to kick off our end-of-year appeal in an exciting way. The national coverage this day garners allows us to maximize our online giving potential," said Kathy Melone, director of advancement. "The dollars raised can go to any of our life-changing programs and services that benefit victims of domestic or sexual violence. We were fortunate to have three separate parties agree to match donations, with a total match adding up to $13,500. We raised $15,145 from individuals, and with our match, we were able to raise a total of $28,645."
Giving Tuesday may be over, but donations are always appreciated! Nonprofit profiles on ILGive.com are still accepting donations. Or visit your favorite nonprofit's website for information about how to get involved by volunteering, making a donation, or attending events.
The Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley wishes to thank everyone who supports local nonprofits.
1. Northern Illinois Food Bank, 624
2. Easter Seals DuPage & Fox Valley, 266
3. Association for Individual Development, 230
4. Three Fires Council Boy Scouts of America, 216
5. Math Circles of Chicago, 193
6. Food For Greater Elgin, 179
7. Senior Services Associates Inc., 163
8. Fox Valley United Way, 163
9. Search Inc., 138
10. Community Crisis Center Inc., 132
11. Boys & Girls Club of Elgin, 128
12. Twist Out Cancer, 125
13. Zacharias Sexual Abuse Center, 115
14. Erie Neighborhood House, 115
15. Public Action to Deliver Shelter Inc. dba Hesed House, 107
16. Sertoma Centre, 106
17. Little City, 105
18. Prairie State Legal Services Inc., 104
19. YWCA Elgin, 102
20. Albany Park Theater Project, 101
21. Housing Opportunities & Maintenance for the Elderly (H.O.M.E.), 100
22. Tails Humane Society, 98
23. Elgin Master Chorale, 95
24. Center for Independent Futures, 95
25. Our Place, 94
- This article filed under:
- Campton Hills
- East Dundee
- Lily Lake
- Maple Park
- North Aurora
- Pingree Grove
- Sleepy Hollow
- South Elgin
- St. Charles
- Sugar Grove
- West Dundee
- Charities and Fundraising
- Submitted Content