Kitchen fire injures Naperville resident
A Naperville woman was injured in a kitchen fire Sunday afternoon that left a single-family home on the city's southeast side uninhabitable.
Naperville fire officials said they were notified of the fire on the 1900 block of Sprucewood Court at 1:08 p.m. by a neighbor of the woman.
Firefighters were on the scene within four minutes and had extinguished the fire within five minutes of their arrival, department officials said.
The unidentified woman told firefighters she attempted to extinguish the fire, but was injured in the process. The woman was transported to an area hospital for treatment. Her condition is unknown.
Fire officials ruled the blaze "accidental" and did not have an estimate on the damage to the house, but noted it was uninhabitable due to smoke and fire damage.
Firefighters from Lisle-Woodridge Fire District assisted in battling the fire.