Music | What a school assembly: Larkin High students get free concert, recording studio donation
For two hours Monday, the baseball field at Larkin High School in Elgin was transformed into a concert venue with live music as a homecoming week treat.
News | Row houses added to plans for Schaumburg's massive north-side projectSignificant progress continues to be made on the simultaneous redevelopment of the former 322-acre Motorola Solutions campus in Schaumburg and the planned transformation of the area across Meacham Road to the east into an entertainment district complementary to the Schaumburg Convention Center it neighbors.
News | Batavia woman one of two new Legionnaires' cases outside senior living communityAn outbreak of Legionnaires' disease has spread beyond a Batavia senior living community, with two additional cases confirmed in the surrounding area.
Columns | She lost her Fremd class ring 45 years ago. A Facebook group helped her get it back.As a junior at Fremd High School in Palatine in 1974, Ruth Ford begged her stepmom for a $150 class ring. After she gave it to her boyfriend, Doug, the ring disapeared. Forty-five years later, the ring is back. And Ruth has an epiphany about Doug.
Lake County | Why your access to the heart of Volo Bog is likely to remain closed awhileA section of the interpretive boardwalk that takes visitors into the "eye" of the Volo Bog remains closed and needs to be replaced.
Business | Savvy Sister consignment sale expanding from Elmhurst to SchaumburgThe Savvy Sister women's pop-up consignment sale has exceeded its founders' expectations since it launched in Elmhurst four years ago, and now it's expanding to Schaumburg.
News | Motorcyclist seriously injured in Arlington Heights crashA motorcyclist sustained life-threatening injuries Monday afternoon after losing control of his bike and leaving the roadway near Dundee and Wilke roads in Arlington Heights, police said.
Kane County | Geneva woman admits sex assault, abuse of two former Carpentersville studentsA 31-year-old Geneva woman has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting and abusing two of her former students from Carpenterville Middle School.
Kane County | Geneva police investigate Sunday shooting at storage facilityGeneva police are investigating a shooting Sunday at a west side storage facility in which a 30-year-old St. Charles man was injured.
News | COD faculty poised for strike authorization voteFull-time faculty members at the College of DuPage are poised to take a strike authorization vote as negotiations on a new contract continue.
News | Motorcyclist killed in Gurnee crash with semitrailer truckA motoryclist was killed Monday morning in a collision with a semitrailier truck near Route 45 and Dada Drive in Gurnee, authorities said.
Kane County | Former manager charged with theft from Fox Valley Special Recreation AssociationThe former business manager of the Aurora-based Fox Valley Special Recreation Association has been arrested and charged with stealing more than $10,000 during a nearly 3-year span.
- 7:22 PMGlendale Heights-based Morley marks 50 years of rocking the music industry
- 7:22 PMElizabeth Warren decries Trump as 'corruption in the flesh'
- 7:21 PMChicago mayor calls for ban of flavored e-cigarettes
- 7:17 PMWhite House orders 2 former aides to defy House subpoenas
- 7:11 PMThe Latest: Saudis to invite global experts to investigate
More Suburban News Find your community
- SportsArlington Park's 2019 season ends this week
- ElginAfeef cites activism in Democratic bid for Kane state's attorney in 2020
- CrimeState suspends law license of AJ Freund's dad
- Kane CountyOhio man sentenced in Kane County for illegal gun purchase
- WheatonCrews replacing water main along Wheaton's Manchester Road
- West ChicagoWinfield man charged with shooting at West Chicago house
- NapervillePet dog perishes in Naperville house fire
- AuroraOne stabbed during suspected gang fight at Aurora festival
- BataviaSpence stresses experience in bid for Kane state's attorney
- NewsStevenson High names first inductees to sports hall of fame
- South ElginSouth Elgin man sentenced for computer tampering
- Lake VillaFall festival Saturday in Lake Villa
- 7:25 PMHelp an adult learn English with Literacy Volunteers Fox Valley
- 7:13 PMAmerican Heart Association celebrates 25 years of lives saved at the Oak Brook Heart Walk
- 5:07 PMIt's All About The Paws to host adoption event at Scarecrow Fest Oct. 12-13
- 12:45 PMHuntley Lions to serve up pancake breakfast Sept. 21
- 10:33 AMWoodlands Academy Celebrates its Diversity with Annual Flag Ceremony
- 7:55 AMStudents can enter DAR essay contest
- 7:34 AMDes Plaines History Center to host book talk October 6
- 7:27 AMIBJI CARES Foundation Accepting Applications for 2020 Partnership
Inside Daily Herald