Crime | Man charged in shooting of Illinois State Police officer in Wheeling
Residents of the Wheeling neighborhood where an Illinois State Police officer was shot Thursday night described the police activity and violence as scary and disturbing.
Lake County | Curran seeks to clarify comment about 'wrong people' moving to Lake CountyU.S. Senate candidate Mark Curran sought to clarify what he meant when he said "the wrong people moved in" to Lake County at a state Republican breakfast event. Curran said on his Facebook page that he was referring to Cook County transplants that have given Lake County the highest property taxes in the state.
News | Medinah Moments: Scenes from the second round of the BMW ChampionshipThe second round of the BMW Championship is in the books at Medinah with a new course record, and it's time to take another look at our own version of the leaderboard.
News | U-46's welcome center helps new, immigrant families acclimateElgin Area School District U-46's Family Welcome Center, which helps newcomers and primarily immigrant families navigate the school system, is seeing increasing numbers of students and families needing its services.
News | Naperville could ban sales of 'drug of concern' kratomCiting public health and safety concerns voiced by the FDA, Naperville could ban sales of a plant-based substance called kratom.
News | Truck convoy will briefly close I-90 on Saturday morningAn event Saturday in Hoffman Estates to raise funds for Special Olympics Illinois will include a brief closure of Interstate 90 to make way for a truck convoy, officials said.
DuPage County | DuPage sheriff: Bloomingdale man beat his sister, girlfriend's ex-husbandA 37-year-old Bloomingdale man is facing felony battery charges after officials say he beat his girlfriend's ex-husband and his sister Sunday in unincorporated DuPage County near Addison.
Music | 5 things to do this weekend in the suburbsBernadette Peters performing Broadway show tunes at Aurora's Paramount Theatre and comedian Dave Coulier doing standup at Crystal Lake's Raue Center are just two of many fun options for the weekend.
Lake County | New Lake County administrator quits, barely a month into jobBarely a month into his tenure, Lake County's top administrator annouced his resignation Friday.
News | Peter Fonda, 'Easy Rider' star, counter-culture figure and brother of actress Jane Fonda, has died at 79Peter Fonda, 'Easy Rider' star, counter-culture figure and brother of actress Jane Fonda, has died at 79
Columns | Feder: Bulls expert Mark Schanowski cutting back at NBC Sports ChicagoMark Schanowski, the affable and authoritative Chicago Bulls basketball analyst who's been a prominent player on the local sports media scene for three decades, is cutting back his workload at NBC Sports Chicago.
Crime | Sen. Tom Cullerton pleads not guilty to federal embezzlement chargesIllinois state Sen. Tom Cullerton has pleaded not guilty to embezzlement charges.
- 5:59 AMThailand's lost baby dugong dies from shock, eating plastic
- 5:55 AMFrom tusks to tails, nations eye trade in endangered species
- 5:41 AMIndian authorities begin easing clampdown in Kashmir
- 5:29 AMSigns of recession worry Trump ahead of 2020
- 5:16 AMHong Kong's divide: 1 protest for democracy, 1 for China
More Suburban News Find your community
- ElginElgin cardiologist travels the world to teach procedure
- LombardGlenbard offers muted response to dress code controversy
- SchaumburgOfficials: 2 cases of Legionnaires' diseases linked to Schaumburg hotel
- St. CharlesIs a 3-unit townhouse building appropriate for a St. Charles neighborhood?
- NapervilleNaperville set to review details of recreational marijuana sales ban
- McHenry County14 years prison for Minnesota man caught with nearly pound of cocaine on I-90
- CrimeKenosha man sentenced to 15 years after leaving scene of fatal Zion accident
- ElginBilly Bricks Pizza in Elgin reopens after death of owner
- AuroraAurora man sentenced to 13 years for child sex assault
- Des PlainesDes Plaines will get indoor park district pool next June
- PoliticsDistrict 220 to put $147 million spending plan on March 2020 ballot
- NewsKitchen fire leaves apartment near Des Plaines uninhabitable
- 11:54 PMExpectations high as new school year begins at Mooseheart
- 10:46 PMBaird & Warner's Good Will Network Donates $120,000 to Support Chicagoland Communities
- 7:19 PMDuPage County Health Department warns residents to never touch a bat
- 5:46 PMCarol Stream teen wins Champion award at Illinois State Fair
- 5:45 PMRadford Green at Sedgebrook celebrates 10 years of five-star ratings from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- 11:07 AMRep. Weber Bill to Benefit Local Taxpayers Signed By Governor
- 11:07 AMConsumers Credit Union Hosts Luncheon for Illinois Legislators
- 10:56 AMIllinois Central Elite-ICE place 10th at nationals
Inside Daily Herald