News | Elgin police union billboard supports officer who fatally shot woman
The Elgin police union put up a billboard in support of a police officer who fatally shot a woman and whose fate remains to be determined by the city.
News | Crystal Lake condo building 'complete loss' after massive fire rips throughA three-alarm fire in Crystal Lake displaced all residents of 19-unit condo building early Wednesday. There were no injuries, but the building is uninhabitable.
Kane County | Police: Yorkville woman going 106 mph, 3x legal limit in 4th DUI arrestA Yorkville woman faces her fourth DUI charge after being arrested early Monday on Interstate 88 near North Aurora when she was nearly three times the legal blood-alcohol threshold while traveling at 106 mph, authorities said. Gail L. Govednik, 29, faces a punishment ranging from probation to up to seven years in prison if convicted of aggravated DUI.
Business | St. Charles' Blue Goose 'fighting hard' to stay open, owner saysThe Blue Goose Market has been a staple of downtown St. Charles since Paul Lencioni's great-grandmother opened its doors 91 years ago. Now, the fourth-generation owner says he's "fighting hard" for the grocery store's survivial.
News | How to stay safe during excessive heat starting ThursdayDangerous heat is on the way to the Chicago area. An excessive heat watch is in effect from noon Thursday to 7 p.m. Saturday, according to accuweather.com.
News | New artificial turf caps improvements at Barrington High stadiumBarrington High School's stadium has a new artificial turf field, completing upgrades to the facility expected to total about $1.3 million covered by private donations and public money since last year.
Cubs | Cubs hang on as Darvish earns his first win at WrigleyYu Darvish earned his first career win at Wrigley Field Wednesday as the Chicago Cubs beat the Cincinnati Reds 5-2 at Wrigley Field.
DuPage County | How DuPage County's 'clean and lien' program helps fix neighborhood eyesoresA "clean and lien" program is helping officials in DuPage County repair or remove dilapidated or abandoned buildings in unincorporated areas. It also helps the county get garbage, debris and hazardous materials removed from properties.
Crime | Felon from South Elgin had assault rifle, ammo in truck, Aurora police sayAurora police said they arrested a felon from South Elgin after finding an assault-style rifle and more 800 rounds of armor-piercing ammunition during a traffic stop.
Cook County | Police: Man in forest preserve offered kids money to change his diaperCook County sheriff's police are seeking the public's help in identifying a suspicious person after a July 11 incident on a forest preserve trail near Morton Grove where he offered kids money to change his diaper.
Editorial | Editorial: In the wake of Trump tweets, is this who we are?In this editorial, the Daily Herald says that in the end, last weekend's insulting tweets by Donald Trump require the nation to realize that the citizenry must be better than its president.
News | Schaumburg favors spot for convention center parking deckSchaumburg village board members agreed Tuesday that the area just north of the Schaumburg Convention Center was the best place for a five-level parking deck to address an existing demand there and leave more visible land available along Meacham Road to the west for a self-proposed entertainment district.
News | Feder: New morning show taking shape at US99Two and a half months after WUSN 99.5-FM dropped the morning team of Doug Stylz and Justin Roman, the Entercom country music station is about to name their replacement. Jason Pullman, former morning personality at WUBL in his native Atlanta, is expected to sign on at US99 early next month, according to insiders.
- 5:00 PMThe Latest: House derails move to impeach Trump for insults
- 4:59 PMCommerce chief Ross calls contempt vote 'political theater'
- 4:58 PMData shows flood of opioids across US, many of them generics
- 4:58 PMTrump vs. Dems: 'Racist,' 'socialist' lines drawn for 2020
- 4:50 PMDe Blasio beats back calls to fire officer in Garner death
More Suburban News Find your community
- BartlettBartlett seeks more data before decision on pot sales
- AntiochLake Geneva woman charged with robbing Antioch Taco Bell sentenced to probation
- NapervilleNaperville votes to 'protect the brand,' banning recreational pot sales
- NewsIn lieu of grade level centers, Dist. 26 goes with centralized kindergarten
- St. CharlesRomeoville man critically injured, charged with DUI after crashing into St. Charles building
- Lombard'I'm going to slash all four tires!': Clerk gets 2 years in prison for Lombard hate crime
- Island LakeIsland Lake board slashes spending for new fiscal year
- PalatineJimmy John's driver's car stolen during delivery in Palatine
- Des PlainesMedical examiner: South Barrington woman's 2000 drowning death a homicide
- NapervilleNaperville man charged with criminal damage to property
- St. CharlesTwo St. Charles organizations merge to strengthen 'community brand'
- EducationBatavia school board seeks replacement trustee
- 5:26 PMLearn to spot frauds and scams aimed at seniors at College of DuPage Aug. 8
- 5:11 PM2019 Officer White Scholarship awarded to Katharine Marshall
- 2:04 PMMidwestern University medical students earn Schweitzer Fellowship
- 1:50 PMBig Hearts of Fox Valley benefit set for July 20
- 10:43 AMWaukegan to Host World Record Soul Train Line Attempt
- 10:18 AMWorld's largest steam locomotive stopping in West Chicago in late July
- 10:51 PMElgin Elks join with Elgin's First Baptist Church for 'Step It Up' program
- 9:18 PMFind bargains and treasures at Immanuel's Giant Indoor Garage Sale July 18-20
Inside Daily Herald