Crime | Police find fault with legal pot: How do you test drivers for it?
Legalizing marijuana will add to the already difficult job of convicting stoned drivers, local law enforcement officials say. Driving high is a reality now, supporters counter, and the proposed law will reduce crime.
News | 211 help line available in Kane and McHenry, soon in LakePeople in some suburbs can call 211 for help and information, but other areas lack the service. Illinois has the second-lowest 211 phone coverage in the nation, after Alabama.
Lake County | Truck crashes into Spring Grove home, pins sleeping womanA Fox Lake man faces multiple charges after authorities say he crashed his pickup truck early Sunday into a home near Spring Grove, leaving a sleeping 71-year-old woman pinned under the vehicle.
News | Des Plaines turns to familiar name in suburban entertainment to operate historic theaterA familiar name in suburban Chicago show business could soon be taking over day-to-day operations of the Des Plaines Theatre.
Politics | Why Lori Lightfoot might succeed at passing historic Chicago police reformsLori Lightfoot will have a powerful ally after she's sworn in Monday as Chicago mayor in seeking to fulfill a campaign promise to overhaul the Police Department in the nation's third-largest city: a judge with authority to hold reform slackers in contempt.
News | How a forgotten piece of land became Naperville's next big community assetWhere most passers-by would see a forgotten piece of land overrun with weeds, 95th Street Library manager Karen Dunford saw potential. A groundbreaking ceremony Wendesday will kick off the construction of a community plaza that brings Dunford's vision to life.
Kane County | Why you will see more roundabouts in Kane CountyIn coming years, Kane County drivers will see more roundabouts that officials say improve safety, cost less to maintain than traffic signals, and are better for air quality with fewer vehicles idling.
Illinois | Is revenge porn protected by Constitution? Illinois, other states may say yesBethany Austin learned her fiance had been unfaithful in late-May 2016. After sharing a home with him for seven years, Matthew Rychlik was having an affair with a neighbor. The relationship was unsalvageable according to court documents; they even argued over how to call off the wedding -- Rychlik wanted to tell family and friends it was mutual, Austin wanted to tell them the truth, that Rychlik was cheating on her.
Columns | 'Game of Thrones' review: Self-aware finale knew it was riskyDavid Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the "Game of Thrones" showrunners, again use their characters to talk directly to the audience in the final episode of HBO's epic fantasy series.
Columns | Feder: Progressive talk WCPT to lose syndicated morning host Bill PressAnother liberal talk show host is about to leave WCPT 820-AM, the Newsweb Radio progressive talk station, Robert Feder writes.
Lake County | Libertyville plans Memorial Day tribute to man who led monument effortMemorial Day in Libertyville this year will include a special tribute to Jim Robbins, one of the driving forces behind the contruction of the Veterans Memorial Monument at Lakeside Cemetery.
Suburban Talent | Now's the time to audition for Suburban Chicago's Got TalentOnline registration to audition for Suburban Chicago's Got Talent continues through Saturday, May 25. Now's the time to jump in.
More Suburban News Find your community
- InvernessQuestions surround hit-and-run that left Inverness boy, 13, in critical condition
- Des PlainesDes Plaines River canoe race roars back after one-year hiatus
- NewsElectrical fire closes Park Ridge school
- NapervilleTwo men shot in Naperville; police say not a random act
- Mount ProspectTwo injured when street sweeper rolls in Mount Prospect
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Focused Stevenson dominates own sectional
- Prep SportsSoftball: Grayslake North wins school-record 13th straight
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: Glenbard West's Hart goes the distance for triple crown
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: It's back-to-back high jump titles for Wauconda's Daun
- Prep SportsGirls water polo: Stevenson downs Naperville North to make it a state 3-peat
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Barrington first, Jacobs second at Huntley sectional
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Vernon Hills downs St. Viator in PKs for regional title
- 9:17 AMHow facial surgery helped Elgin woman regain function, confidence
- 11:53 PMPerrin-Wheaton DAR awards scholarship
- 11:23 PMCollege of DuPage places in top 10 at national speech tournament
- 10:23 PMAnnual Geneva's Got Talent competition taking entries through May 31
- 7:33 PMVNA Health Care opens second health center in Carol Stream
- 11:19 AMLocal students inducted into Phi Beta Kappa at Lake Forest College
- 11:19 AMHeart of the City to host youth summer soccer league for all experience levels
- 11:19 AMSchaumburg Township Council of PTAs announces 2019 scholarship recipients
Through the Film Magnifier: Chicago Bulls, Flight 191 Crash, Rainbow Records, Ray Meyer, Slot Cars and more
Inside Daily Herald