News | Families describe challenges from rising cost of insulin
U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood says rising insulin costs are putting diabetes patients in her district at risk. "The market's broken, and while we've taken steps in Congress this year to decrease prescription drug costs, we need to do so much more," she said Monday.
DuPage County | Sources: Mom texted about 'unruly' kids before Elmhurst-area shooting, then texted she did itJaime Jones did not leave a note detailing what drove her to shoot her two teenage sons multiple times Friday before setting fire to her Elmhurst-area home and fatally shooting herself, authorities said Monday. But investigators are examining the 43-year-old mother's other communications leading up to the slayings of Jason M. Harris, 16, and Nathan A. Harris, 19, and her own death.
Crime | Police: Woman sexually assaulted at Falcon Park in PalatinePalatine police are investigating a reported sexual assault Saturday in which a 19-year-old woman was able to fight off her attacker and was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
News | $25,000 Pickleball tournament coming to NapervilleA first-time tournament offering "big-time money" in the fast-growing sport of pickleball is kicking off Wednesday in Naperville.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Contreras on injured list, Montgomery tradedThe Chicago Cubs will place all-star catcher Willson Contreras on the injured list with a foot injury. They obtained catcher Martin Maldonado from the Kansas City Royals for pitcher Mike Montgomery.
News | Little Friends proceeding toward Naperville land sale, but not necessarily to North Central CollegeLittle Friends and North Central College had a deal for the college to buy the nonprofit's land. But that agreement has been terminated. Here's why.
Crime | Arlington Heights woman pleads not guilty to killing her parentsThe 43-year-old woman charged with stabbing her parents to death last month in their Arlington Heights house entered a not guilty plea Monday in Rolling Meadows.
Transportation | FAA: No need for environmental study on O'Hare noise rotationThe Federal Aviation Administration on Monday said there's no need to prepare a new environmental study of an interim runway rotation meant to distribute nighttime jet noise at O'Hare International Airport.
Crime | Schaumburg 84-year-old pleads not guilty in son's shooting deathWilliam Karras, charged with the June shooting death of his son Nick Karras in Nick's Schaumburg home, pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder Monday in Rolling Meadows.
Crime | Arlington Heights businesses fined for selling booze to minorsSix Arlington Heights businesses were leveled fines totaling more than $5,000 on Monday for serving alcohol to minors during an annual undercover police department sting.
Politics | Secretary of state wants protection of undocumented immigrants made lawIllinois Secretary of State Jesse White is pursuing legislation to codify the office's long-held policy of not giving federal agencies full access to its database of driver's license photographs as a means to identify someone's legal status, a spokesman said Monday.
Suburban Talent | Fan Favorite voting now live for Suburban Chicago's Got TalentThe second round of online Fan Favorite voting for Suburban Chicago's Got Talent is live now -- and runs through Friday, July 19. The act with the most votes is guaranteed a spot in the Top 10.
- 2:58 AMThe Latest: Von der Leyen ready for further Brexit extension
- 2:37 AMRenewing racist criticism, Trump says many agree with him
- 2:18 AMTop Iran diplomat says talks on ballistic missiles possible
- 2:18 AMMan whose family died in Boeing 737 Max crash: Scrap the jet
- 2:10 AMFacebook's new currency plan under scrutiny in Congress
More Suburban News Find your community
- Hoffman EstatesMotorcyclist dies after crash on I-90 near Hoffman Estates
- NapervilleNaperville looking at three different options with marijuana sales
- GurneeSheriff's office: Gurnee man was served order of protection, then crashed car
- Lake ZurichWork on Life Time Fitness center in Lake Zurich under way
- BataviaElderday Center to re-open, with fresh leadership
- NapervilleDeVry completes HQ move to Naperville
- Cook County26,500 Cook County seniors didn't reapply for property tax discounts
- Island LakeLawsuit from ex-cops alleges corruption in Island Lake
- AuroraAurora man who blackmailed woman for sex in 2015 now arrested on gun, drug charges
- NapervilleHow Loaves & Fishes in Naperville grew from helping 8 families in 1984 to 4,650 last year
- Waukegan'Kindred Spirits Live' and Whitney Houston tribute coming to Genesee
- NewsSt. James Theatre troupe marks 50th in Arlington Heights
- 10:53 PMKelly Gilligan named ELCA Early Childhood Director of the Year
- 10:35 PMNaperville Post 43 celebrating 100th anniversary of American Legion
- 10:02 PM'Home' exhibit at the West Chicago City Museum blends art and history
- 9:49 PMWorld's largest steam locomotive stopping in West Chicago in late July
- 8:34 PMShare memories of Santa's Village at historical society meeting July 28
- 2:16 PMFamily Visitation Center in Mundelein ensures safe custody exchanges
- 2:10 PMTrinity's library mural welcomes students in 62 languages
- 2:02 PMAurora 20th annual 'Battle of the Big Butts' to showcase prep football linemen
Inside Daily Herald