News | Addison teachers, school board reach contract agreement
Teachers in Addison Elementary District 4 reached a tentative contract agreement with the school board Wednesday, averting a potential strike.
Columns | Rozner: No surprise David Ross is the next Cubs manager. Is he ready for the job?With a personality that fits today's game, David Ross has many of the great characteristics necessary to be a good manager, aside from the most obvious negative of never having done the job.
Business | Libertyville bans pot sales, saying revenue wouldn't outweigh pitfallsThe Libertyville village board Tuesday unanimously voted to prohibit the sale of recreational marijuana in town, deciding the promise of additional revenue would not offset potential pitfalls.
Lake County | Millburn Strangler officially vanquishedState, local and Lake County officials marked the completion Wednesday of a western bypass of Route 45 in Lindenhurst and Old Mill Creek, a $31 million project that has been 25 years in the making.
McHenry County | Identification of Woodstock woman's remains prompts calls for justiceBurned human remains have been identified as those of a Woodstock woman who disappeared in 2010.
Transportation | Chicago mayor's budget depends on higher dining, ride-share costs, Springfield help on casinoChicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot laid out her budget plan Wednesday, announcing the city "will need cooperation from Springfield" in order to fill an $838 million operating deficit. The budget also includes added restaurant and ride-share taxes or fees.
News | Pedestrian dies after being struck by SUV on Route 31A Crystal Lake man was struck and killed by an SUV early Wednesday morning on Route 31.
News | New Downers Grove pizzeria aims for 'neighborhood favorite' statusPizzeria 32 in Downers Grove hopes to become a new "neighborhood favorite" with two styles of pizza, salads, sandwiches, appetizers and desserts for carry-out, delivery or catering.
Columns | O'Donnell: Jay Mariotti is monitoring changing tides of Chicago sports talkJim O'Donnell talks to Jay Mariotti about sports radio, and any possible interest in returning to Chicago.
Crime | Arlington Heights man gets six years in prison for sexually abusing girlsAn Arlington Heights man accused of giving two girls beer and sexually abusing them pleaded guilty to aggravated criminal sexual abuse and was sentenced to six years in prison.
DuPage County | Both sides of DuPage County Board infighting say we need an anti-bullying policyA DuPage County Board member who says she was bullied by some Democratic colleagues -- and the members who deny doing it -- are calling for creation of a policy to protect the county's elected officials from harassment.
Food | It's coming down to the wire for Cook of the Week Challenge contestantsThe Cook of the Week Challenge round three is all sown up. See what the cooks created, and read what the judges had to say.
More Suburban News Find your community
- WaukeganSpurned casino sues Waukegan, says city used false information to deny bid
- SchaumburgSchaumburg to discuss a ban on e-cigarette sales
- GenevaGeneva group hoping to double attendance at 2020 Women's March
- Elk Grove VillageNew gas station -- result of Bahamas Bowl sponsorship -- coming to Elk Grove
- NapervilleNaperville shelter plans major expansion for animals, efficiency
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Holsen's 21 kills not enough for Stevenson
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Fremd topples Hersey to claim MSL crown
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Stevenson stuns Zion-Benton
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Aguilar leads red-hot Vernon Hills to another win
- Prep FootballPatient Glenbard North seizing the moment
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Insurance goal helps Naperville Central advance past Batavia
- Prep FootballElgin's Lomax, Maine West's Dolphin garner Week 8 MVP honors
- 10:53 PMECC professor seeks Latinx voices for oral history project
- 10:43 PMWheaton church offers safe alternative to trick-or-treating Oct. 26
- 10:41 PM#ShowUpForShabbat this weekend at Congregation Kneseth Israel
- 7:14 PMVote for St. Charles in the K-9 grant competition
- 5:51 PMAurora to host Homeownership Expo Nov. 2
- 4:52 PMDefenders to host Green Screen Film Series Oct. 28
- 1:13 PMLecture series to tell the story of the 'Mistress of Cantigny' Oct. 28
- 11:55 AMFox Valley restaurants take part in fundraiser for food rescue volunteers
Inside Daily Herald