Crime | Custody exchange leads to shooting in Rolling Meadows Walmart parking lot
A dispute involving a custody exchange of a child resulted in shots being fired in a Rolling Meadows Walmart parking lot Saturday, police said.
Crime | Slain Arlington Heights couple remembered for selfless, generous livesAt their funeral Mass Saturday morning, a retired Arlington Heights couple whom authorities believe were murdered by their daughter a week earlier, were remembered for their devotion to each other and the community they long served.
News | Brothers climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro for Sleepy Hollow dad with Parkinson'sWhen he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease five years ago, Bob Vodicka of Sleepy Hollow felt like he was hit by a freight train. Now, his two sons are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money for research to find a cure.
News | Once slated for redevelopment, Bloomingdale-area farm is restored by Itasca familyNestled in a pocket of sprawling suburbia, between a cluster of Bloomingdale-area neighborhoods and commercial developments, sits a serene 10-acre farm that one Itasca family has made into its paradise. Had developers gotten their way, it would no longer exist.
Cubs | Rizzo's 2-run homer in 9th lifts Cubs over Dodgers 2-1Anthony Rizzo hit a go-ahead, two-run homer off closer Kenley Jansen in the ninth, lifting the Chicago Cubs to a 2-1 victory over the NL West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers.
News | Lessons Schaumburg man learned as a child after his dad diedIn a Straight From The Source essay for Father's Day, Schaumburg resident Jim Moynihan recalls his longing for a father figure - and the two men who stepped into the role - when, at the age of 5, he lost his own father to a heart attack.
News | 250 athletes overcome disabilities to compete in Great Lakes GamesAbout 250 athletes with disabilities competed Saturday in the Great Lakes Games hosted by the Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association at Lake Forest High School.
Columns | Rozner: Fathers, sons and a broken MLB pensionThere's something wrong with a system where ex-major league fathers are left out, but their sons who also played get a full pension.
News | Chicago Bears play different sport in Schaumburg to raise money for charityStars of the gridiron at Soldier Field could be found pitching, hitting and catching softballs on the diamond at Schaumburg Boomers Stadium in the Northwest suburbs Saturday during a charity game between Chicago Bears offense and defense players.
News | Aurora setting aside downtown spaces for food trucksAurora encourages food trucks downtown, by setting aside spaces.
News | Fire under investigation at Wheeling commercial facilityNo injuries were reported in a fire Saturday night at a commercial laundry facility in Wheeling, fire officials said.
Columns | Facts Matter: Manipulated Zuckerberg clip a deepfake videoColumnist Bob Oswald: Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg talking about "billions of people's stolen data" is actually known as a deepfake, a video in which a person's likeness has been manipulated to appear they are saying something they didn't, according to PolitiFact.com.
- 12:31 PMOJ Simpson posts video to announce official Twitter account
- 12:30 PMSchumer urges FAA to require data recorders in helicopters
- 12:03 PMPompeo tries rallying foreign leaders in alleged oil attacks
- 11:56 AMMassive South American blackout, 44 million without power
- 11:27 AMRecord number of African migrants coming to Mexican border
More Suburban News Find your community
- Glen EllynConstable: Teen advocates for others as she waits for new lungs
- NewsMitsuwa debuts new look in Arlington Heights
- CarpentersvilleJacobs grad helps underprivileged children get first bicycles
- BarringtonBarrington's White House launching first Summer Cultural Season Thursday
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates recommends tax incentive for proposed technology park
- NapervilleDuPage County mayors pleased by what just came out of Springfield
- EducationDistrict 59 looking for two more principals before start of school year
- NewsDistrict 203 plans measures to improve cultural sensitivity and equity
- ItascaFestival time in Itasca: Men in kilts with bagpipes
- GurneeGurnee village board to consider third fire station
- LibertyvilleLibertyville Days Festival in full swing, will continue through Sunday
- LisleOpening of Marq on Main development celebrated in Lisle
- 9:11 PMLocal student selected for internship in July at University of Texas to analyze NASA Earth Science Data
- 9:04 PMDuPage County nonprofit opens home for victims of sex trafficking
- 7:41 PMElmhurst Park District commissioner trains at statewide seminar
- 7:35 PMWheaton Municipal Band celebrates 90th season with the music of Disney June 20
- 6:00 PMFree Family Nights at the Park kicks off June 18 in East Dundee
- 2:25 PMBarrington's White House presents summer season of cultural arts events
- 1:15 PMJudson University launches first fully applied Data Science Boot Camp
- 10:19 AMWoodland Elementary West Recognizes Students for May ROAR Behavior
Inside Daily Herald