News | 42 more dead from COVID-19 in Illinois, 986 more infected, state may warm to masks
Another 42 people have died from COVID-19 in Illinois, bringing the state's total to 141, state health officials announced Wednesday.
News | Carol Stream senior living campus resident dies from COVID-19; 8 others infectedA resident of a Carol Stream senior living community has died after contracting the coronavirus, adding to the growing toll on nursing homes and other facilities caring for the elderly.
Crime | Man charged in 2018 Barrington Hills fatal hit-and-run crashA 42-year-old Deer Park man surrendered to Barrington Hills police Wednesday to face a charge stemming from a May 2018 hit-and-run crash that killed a bicyclist.
News | First Illinois couple claimed by COVID-19 die hours apartA married Skokie couple who emigrated from Ukraine more than two decades ago died of the coronavirus only hours apart over the weekend. They are the first married couple that officials in Illinois have identified as succumbing to the coronavirus.
Business | What you need to do to get your government stimulus checkThe IRS and Treasury have provided more details on how to ensure you get paid. Here are the basics.
News | Rolling Meadows proposes limits on video gamblingAfter the growth of video gambling in Rolling Meadows after a ban was overturned in 2018, city officials have proposed putting limits on the number of businesses that have the machines in town.
News | District 214, Harper College making face shields for health care workersNorthwest Suburban High School District 214, Harper College and other community partners are working together to produce much-needed personal protective equipment for hospital personnel and volunteers assisting public safety workers amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
News | FDA wants heartburn meds Zantac off the market due to contaminationU.S. health regulators are telling drugmakers to immediately pull their popular heartburn drugs off the market after determining that a contamination issue with the medications poses a greater risk than previously thought.
News | What others are writing about COVID-19A look at what other reputable news sources are reporting about the coronavirus pandemic.
News | Daily Herald wins 22 awards from Illinois Press AssociationThe Daily Herald won 22 awards, including three first-place finishes for photography and editorial writing, in the 2019 journalism contest sponsored by the Illinois Press Association.
Music | A song to make you smile: "Walk of Life" by Dire StraitsHere's a song chosen to help lift you out of your coronavirus funk.
News | Where to find county-by-county and maybe even suburb-by-suburb COVID-19 dataIf you'd like to see a breakdown of the number of reported COVID-19 cases county by county and, in some cases, even town by town, a state website and area counties' websites are offering it.
- 3:56 PM`A battlefield behind your home': Deaths mount in New York
- 3:54 PMESPN's documentary on Michael Jordan goes behind the scenes
- 3:52 PMAP Sources: US to deploy anti-drug Navy ships near Venezuela
- 3:50 PMReview: Synth band Nation of Language make a nifty debut
- 3:48 PMClosing prices for crude oil, gold and other commodities
More Suburban News Find your community
- Lake CountyLake County Board members may freeze pay due to COVID-19
- McHenry CountySentencing for AJ's mom delayed
- Downers GroveDuPage County planning to close field court in Downers Grove
- St. Charles'No task is ever really too small': How Fox Valley residents are helping their neighbors
- BarringtonGood News: Willow Creek Care Center adapts in time of social distancing
- Glen EllynAfzal narrowly beats LaPlante to become Democratic nominee for DuPage District 4
- Elk Grove Village2020 Arts Unlimited District 214, Daily Herald Community Art & Writing Contest winners
- NewsStevenson postpones prom; graduation, Spring Fling may follow
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills police read kids stories to stay connected
- Boys' BasketballFormer Libertyville star Peterson is leaving Rice
- McHenry CountyMcHenry County Boy Scout leaders organizing virtual campout
- Hoffman EstatesHiggins Road resurfacing starts April 6
- 1:37 PMVirtual services help address mental health issues during COVID-19
- 12:43 PMVernon Twp. Food Pantry offers drive-up service, select delivery
- 11:44 AMHighpoint Church is offering drive-up care centers
- 11:07 AMD214 Foundation donation drive supports students, families in need
- 11:55 PMAurora Methodists to deliver dinner to Aurora homeless shelter April 11
- 11:40 PMChapelstreet Church offers virtual worship, food pantry and wellness checks
- 10:59 PMKane County Health Department assists the state in recruitment of medical volunteers
- 10:36 PMNaperville Sunrise Rotary to host 2nd Drive-By Food Drive for West Suburban Community Pantry
Inside Daily Herald