Columns | Constable: 55 years of respect, love of music the vehicle for Ides of March
A quartet of high school kids played their first concert in 1964 in a VFW basement. Many hits and 55 years later, The Ides of March are playing an anniversary concert in Waukegan.
News | Trump drops plan to host G-7 at DoralWASHINGTON -- President Donald Trump says he is reversing his plan to hold the next Group of Seven world leaders' meeting at his Doral, Florida, golf resort.
College Sports | Stunner! Illini upset Wisconsin on last-second field goalJames McCourt kicked a 39-yard field as time expired and Illinois pulled off the biggest upset of the college football season, knocking off No. 6 Wisconsin 24-23 on Saturday.
Crime | Revenge porn isn't protected free speech, Illinois Supreme Court rulesIn a decision with implications for the case of a disgraced former state lawmaker from the suburbs and others like him, the Illinois Supreme Court has ruled that disseminating private sexual images without permission - better known as revenge porn - is not constitutionally protected free speech.
Crime | Feds arrest Streamwood company operators, accuse them of hiring illegal workers through Elgin firmFour current and former operators of a Streamwood sheet metal fabrication company were arrested by federal immigration officers Friday and charged with hiring through an Elgin staffing firm immigrants living in the country illegally, the U.S. attorney's office in Chicago said.
News | West Dundee sergeant hailed for Sleepy Hollow attacker's arrest, but he credits other heroesAs the officer who chased a Sleepy Hollow home invader, disarmed him without injury and put him in handcuffs, West Dundee police Sgt. Dan Haines put the community's safety above his own and likely prevented further tragedy, his chief says. But the sergeant casts others as the real heroes.
News | 'Nightmare' fuels scary fun in downtown ElginThousands of people sought refuge in downtown Elgin's "safe zone" on Saturday night, when zombies brought their traditional Halloween-themed mayhem to the city.
Columns | Can a state senator who's not under federal probe sponsor this fire pension bill?The fate of a bill that would limit firefighters to a single pension is in the hands of a state senator under federal investigation, but there's a way the House sponsor can wrest it from that senator's control.
Crime | Hoffman Estates man, 19, arrested in Schaumburg shootingA Hoffman Estates man wanted in connection with a shooting last month in the parking lot of a Schaumburg strip mall turned himself into police Friday, authorities announced Saturday.
Columns | Facts Matter: Flu shot won't give you flu, but false info goes viralA flu shot cannot give you the flu because it contains inactivated virus, but that isn't stopping the false claim from being circulated again this year, Bob Oswald says in his Facts Matter column.
News | March for Life draws hundreds along Northwest Highway in PalatineHundreds of participants traveled on a sidewalk off Northwest Highway in Palatine as part of their route Saturday for the annual March for Life.
News | Ravinia's leader stepping down after 2020 seasonWelz Kauffman, the Ravinia Festival president and CEO who has helmed the world-renowned music behemoth in Highland Park for nearly two decades, will be stepping down after the 2020 season, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
- 9:55 PMChile's president rolls back subway fare hike amid protests
- 9:47 PMAP FACT CHECK: Trump's Syrian mission-accomplished moment
- 9:29 PMDefense chief says under current plan all U.S. forces leaving Syria will go to western Iraq
- 9:19 PMAnalysis: Confronted by impeachment, Trump adds to the chaos
- 8:53 PMNew Emmett Till marker dedicated to replace vandalized sign
More Suburban News Find your community
- SchaumburgTraditional dancers dazzle at Schaumburg art gallery
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates Mariano's hopes to add gas station
- Prep FootballGlenbard West dives past Hinsdale Central for OT win
- Prep FootballSt. Edward clinches second straight conference crown
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Barrington runs away with MSL title
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Fremd nails down sectional championship
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Quickly, Lakes' Heuser nets sectional title
- Prep SportsCross country: WW South's Poglitsch tracks down DuKane Conference championship
- EducationDistrict 21 bringing full-day kindergarten to all its schools
- Round Lake BeachRound Lake Beach man appealing conviction for killing romantic rival
- SchaumburgMeet Camrus Johnson of TV's "Batwoman" at Woodfield Oct. 19
- Prep FootballGlenbard East beats Glenbard South in final seconds
- 11:43 PMGet tips on vacations with God at Benedictine monasteries at Oct. 25 program
- 11:32 PMRegister now for Glen Ellyn Park District's Winter Youth Basketball League
- 11:24 PM13th annual 'Pennies for Pies' drive to benefit Loaves & Fishes
- 11:15 PMLearn about carbon pricing at Environmental Awareness Series Oct. 23
- 11:11 PMImpaired driving is scary: West Chicago cracking down on drunk and drugged driving
- 10:57 PMWheaton church choir to perform at choral directors convention
- 9:45 PMWheaton resident Greg Kojak moves Chicago business to downtown Wheaton
- 9:36 PMCOD Engineering Club tests inventive constructions during cardboard boat race
Inside Daily Herald