News | After fire rips through Crystal Lake condo building, the residents get well-planned help
A three-alarm fire in Crystal Lake displaced all residents of 19-unit condo building early Wednesday. There were no injuries in the fire perhaps caused by a candle, but the building is uninhabitable, and many helpful and well-organized people came to their aid.
DuPage County | 'You had me terrified': 15-year-old testifies against man charged with sexually assaulting herA 15-year-old girl who says she was sexually assaulted over several years by a man she knew, looked her alleged attacker in the eye Thursday as he cross-examined her on a DuPage County witness stand and told him how he ruined her childhood.
News | Heat likely the cause of hundreds of dead fish at Lombard LagoonHundreds of dead fish at a neighborhood pond in Lombard likely perished as a result of oxygen deprivation related to the scorching heat and shallow depths of the water, park district officials said Wednesday.
News | Elgin police union billboard supports officer who fatally shot womanThe Elgin police union put up a billboard in support of a police officer who fatally shot a woman and whose fate remains to be determined by the city.
Sports | Wheaton native Mike Lee got a finance degree. But now he seeks boxing's super middleweight title.On the brink of his biggest fight, Wheaton native Mike Lee keeps it simple. "I just need to be the best Mike Lee possible," he said by phone from his home in Santa Monica, California, where he was training for his July 20 International Boxing Federation world super middleweight title bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Business | Raising Cane's chicken fingers restaurant will dip into Arlington HeightsRaising Cane's, a quick-service chain restaurant with a simple menu of chicken fingers, crinkle-cut fries, coleslaw and Texas toast, will dip into Arlington Heights early next year.
Lake County | Sheriff: Worker stole $28,000 from Domino's PizzaA Lake County man faces a theft charge alleging he stole about $28,000 from the Domino's Pizza restaurant where he worked, authorities said Thursday.
Business | St. Charles' Blue Goose 'fighting hard' to stay open, owner saysThe Blue Goose Market has been a staple of downtown St. Charles since Paul Lencioni's great-grandmother opened its doors 91 years ago. Now, the fourth-generation owner says he's "fighting hard" for the grocery store's survivial.
News | How to stay safe during excessive heat starting ThursdayDangerous heat is on the way to the Chicago area. An excessive heat watch is in effect from noon Thursday to 7 p.m. Saturday, according to accuweather.com.
Blackhawks | Can Adam Boqvist force his way onto Blackhawks this season?A year after Adam Boqvist wowed coaches and teammates during Chicago Blackhawks training camp, it's fair to wonder if the young defenseman might make the team out of camp in October.
News | You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.When an app goes viral, how can you know if it's all good fun -- or covertly violating your privacy by, say, sending your face to the Russian government? That's the burning question about FaceApp.
Entertainment | Where you can mark Apollo 11's 50th anniversary in Chicago and the suburbsWhether you remember watching the Apollo 11 moon landing on TV -- or were born long after the historic event -- you can mark the milestone at events this week and next in the city and suburbs.
- 2:59 PMThe Latest: 33 die in fire set at Kyoto animation studio
- 2:57 PMIllinois man gets life in prison for killing Chinese scholar
- 2:57 PMAutomaker BMW names production chief Zipse as new CEO
- 2:46 PMKHN’s ‘What The Health?’: Biden Doubles Down On Obamacare
- 2:28 PMTrump says American warship destroyed Iranian drone
More Suburban News Find your community
- Naperville'ICE will come': Naperville gas station clerk's remarks to Hispanic customers generate protest
- BartlettBartlett seeks more data before decision on pot sales
- CarpentersvillePolice: Men arrested with stolen vehicle in Carpenterville, one faces weapons charges
- BusinessSterigenics poised to reopen plant once it adds emission equipment
- LibertyvilleLibertyville leaning against marijuana sales for recreational use
- AntiochLake Geneva woman charged with robbing Antioch Taco Bell sentenced to probation
- NapervilleNaperville votes to 'protect the brand,' banning recreational pot sales
- St. CharlesRomeoville man critically injured, charged with DUI after crashing into St. Charles building
- BataviaBatavia man found guilty of 2018 home invasion, fight
- AuroraFelon from South Elgin had assault rifle, ammo in trunk, Aurora police say
- Mount ProspectWater feature dropped from new Mount Prospect park - for now
- Island LakeIsland Lake board slashes spending for new fiscal year
- 10:11 AMRep. Weber Named to Property Tax Relief Task Force
- 8:27 AMBrandt Financial Concepts, Inc. (BFC) has been an independent, family-owned resource for personal insurance, employee benefits, wealth management*, education and inspiration for the last 35 years.
- 7:52 AMVisit to the Homeland Brings Danish-American Bond Full Circle
- 7:46 AMRegistration now open for District 214 Community Ed's classes, shows, trips starting in August
- 7:42 AMReclaim NW Suburbs Holds Follow-up Visioning Forum on July 30
- 7:37 AMLibrary Computer Classes Available to Students and Adults
- 7:34 AMHoffman Estates Park District appoints new commissioner
- 9:49 PMRosary/Marmion cheerleaders to host summer Cheer Clinic July 27
Inside Daily Herald