News | How a St. Charles mom is celebrating the memory of her 3-year-old son
Elizabeth Gerlach of St. Charles felt like her world was turned upside down when her son, Ben, died in 2016 after battling health issues his entire life. Now, she's honoring his memory by creating a foundation and writing a children's book series featuring a young boy who uses a wheelchair.
Columns | Constable: What mass shooting horror happened on your birthday?When it comes to mass shootings in the United States, there is no more shocking time or place.
Kane County | Army veteran's Batavia coffee business grows through care, camaraderieVeteran Sal Dazzo, who served in Iraq during eight years in the Army, is now president of Gun Barrel Coffee in Batavia. He donates to veteran groups and gives veterans retail space to sell arts and crafts at his storefront.
News | Chicago consultant will help manage Elgin session about police shootingAn outside consultant will help manage Saturday's "listening session" about a fatal police shooting in Elgin, as the city continues to wait for a decision regarding the fate of the officer.
Politics | N.Y. Times: Joe Walsh likely to challenge Trump in 2020 primaryFormer Illinois congressman Joe Walsh may announce as early as this weekend that he'll challenge Donald Trump in the 2020 primary, according to a Wednesday night report from the New York Times.
Crime | Prosecutors: Kildeer man threatened to shoot Palatine officer at upcoming street festivalA convicted sex offender from Kildeer who was on bond for criminal trespassing was charged with threatening a public official after prosecutors say he threatened to shoot a Palatine police officer during an upcoming street festival.
News | 1 dead, 2 injured in I-290 crashA 79-year-old McHenry woman is dead and two other drivers are injured after a three-vehicle crash Wednesday afternoon in DuPage County, officials said.
Lake County | Verdict expected next week as Lotz murder trial wraps upLarry Lotz of Barrington murdered his wife as part of a "tantrum" over a coffee pot, prosecutors argued during closing arguments Wednesday, while the defense attorney said the 2016 killing was brought on by a dissociative episode. Lake County Judge Daniel Shanes said he will make his ruling next Wednesday.
Cubs | Could wild win over Giants be a season-defining victory for Cubs?The Chicago Cubs got their offense going Wednesday night at Wrigley Field, something manager Joe Maddon says they'll have to do. But they got all they could handle in return from the San Francisco Giants. The Cubs won a wild won, 12-11.
Business | St. Charles to consider liquor license, late-night permit for Mexico City-themed barOwners of a new bar proposed for downtown St. Charles aim to mirror the authentic food, drinks and ambiance of Mexico City establishments. But city officials say they want to see a more refined business plan before considering granting them a liquor license and late-night permit.
News | Palatine exploring redevelopment of village-owned land downtownWhile rejecting seven proposals for possible redevelopment of a section of downtown Palatine, village officials say they plan to continue talks with one of the companies that already owns a building in the area.
White Sox | Will White Sox see monster prospect Luis Robert in September ... or 2020?Luis Robert has put up eye-popping numbers at three minor-league levels this season. Will the Chicago White Sox call the 22-year-old center fielder in September? Or will they wait on Robert until next season?
More Suburban News Find your community
- News1 hurt in Arlington Heights crash that stops traffic on Central
- Downers GroveACLU sues Downers Grove, says panhandling prohibition is unconstitutional
- GurneeLake County leaders embrace agriculture at farm-to-table event
- WheatonMan faces attempted burglary, tresspassing charges
- EducationNew District 300 teacher contract includes 4% raises, on average
- BataviaSettler's Hill cross-country course hits more obstacles
- WaukeganSaving records of the past in Lake County
- NewsFirst day for students, superintendent in Libertyville District 70
- Hoffman EstatesMcLeod, board incumbents to seek 2021 re-election in Hoffman Estates
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect approves pediatric clinic on Rand Road site
- BartlettMcKesson Medical-Surgical picks Bartlett for new distribution facility
- AuroraNovember opening planned for restaurant in Aurora Arts Center
- 6:10 AMHe Shoots and Scores at Blackhawk Blood Drive
- 12:53 AMWoodstock Jazz Festival returns for 12th year Aug. 23-24
- 10:49 PMLimited number of 'Tick Kits' available for Kane County residents
- 10:37 PMEnjoy 'Cocktails for a Cause' Aug. 24 to benefit CASA Kane County
- 8:49 PM'Rock 'n' Roll Storytime' comes to Green Read book store Aug. 28
- 1:33 PM'Last Call Before Fall' community festival in Geneva plans fun for all
- 12:28 PMLearn more about Oakton's health career programs
- 12:04 PMElburn Scouts dish pancakes at Elburn Days
Inside Daily Herald