News | 'You feel right at home': Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe draws tens of thousands to Des Plaines
Tens of thousands of worshippers from near and far made their pilgrimage to Des Plaines beginning Wednesday night for overnight festivities honoring Our Lady of Guadalupe.
Politics | Watch livestream of Day 2 of articles-of-impeachment hearing; what might happen in Senate later?The House Judiciary Committee continues its hearing starting at 8 a.m. Central today on the two articles of impeachment that were released Tuesday, and you can watch a livestream of it at dailyherald.com. A vote to send the articles to the full House could happen later today. What might happen in the Senate later?
News | South African's sculptures of staggering scale coming to Morton ArboretumThe next major art installation coming to the Morton Arboretum will feature five sculptures on the same scale as the giant trolls that helped the tree museum in Lisle set an attendance record last year.
News | Changes at Open Door Health Center in Elgin alarm some staff membersA sudden change in leadership with unclear plans for the future has alarmed staff members at Elgin-based Open Door Health Center of Illinois.
Columns | Constable: Driver's license renewal offers time for meditations on mortalityIt doesn't offer the spiritual benefits of a 10-day silent meditation retreat, but the task of renewing your driver's license at an Illinois secretary of state office forces you to ponder your existence.
Crime | Woman who killed 4-year-old daughter released from mental hospitalA woman who killed her 4-year-old daughter in 2010 in Bloomingdale because she feared the girl would be kidnapped by Satan has been released from a state mental health hospital.
Business | Elk Grove board paves way for two new hotels, restaurantElk Grove Village trustees on Tuesday approved zoning changes that clear the way for construction of two new hotels and a restaurant on the site of the blighted former Elk Grove Hotel.
News | Roads, flood relief work recommended for funding in LibertyvilleMore than $12.2 million in projects -- with an emphasis on roads, easing flooding and investments in the water and sewer systems -- will be considered for funding in Libertyville's 2020-21 capital improvement plan.
News | Believe Project: $100 for woman who makes scarves and blankets for othersToday's recipient of a $100 bill through our Believe Project is Scott Malecki of Rolling Meadows. Here is his story ...
Columns | Feder: Steve Sanders fills in on WGN's 'Family Classics'; Patti Vasquez reveals link to Gacy victimSteve Sanders, veteran news anchor at WGN-TV, was pressed into service at the last minute after Dean Richards took a spill and had to miss a taping of "Family Classics". Also, Patti Vasquez disclosed this week why she's been going by her mother's maiden name all these years.
News | Today's the last day to vote in the holiday lights contestOnline voting in the Daily Herald's 2019 holiday lights contest will wrap up today. All voters will be entered into a random drawing for six Classic Cinema movie passes.
White Sox | Yes! Hawk Harrelson heading to Hall of FameKen "Hawk" Harrelson, the Chicago White Sox's colorful TV broadcaster for 33 years, is going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame in July. On Wednesday, the 78-year-old Harrelson was selected as the 2020 recipient of the Ford C. Frick Award.
Lake County | Police: Grayslake-area man caught on camera stealing the cameraA Grayslake-area man got a hard lesson in cloud storage Wednesday when he was arrested on charges of stealing his neighbor's indoor security camera and cash. Lake County sheriff's police said Carlos H. Zelaya, 32, who lives on the 18100 block of West Lindenwood Drive, was charged Wednesday with residential burglary after the evidence of his misdeeds was automatically uploaded to the internet.
- 7:27 AMHappy contrails ... Delta sees strong 2020 profit, revenue
- 7:26 AMExasperated Israelis prepare for third election in a year
- 7:11 AMDid the Marathon bomber get a fair trial in Boston?
- 7:11 AMNorth Korea berates US for criticizing its missile tests
- 7:10 AMNew European Central Bank chief holds her first rate meeting
More Suburban News Find your community
- CrimeBurglar steals ashes of baby from Elmhurst house
- AlgonquinNo injuries reported in Algonquin apartment fire
- Buffalo GroveCigarette sparks blaze at Buffalo Grove home
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect rejects recreational pot sales, but medical marijuana likely to expand in village
- SchaumburgChecks reported stolen from Schaumburg postbox
- NapervilleFormer DuPage board member appointed to zoning panel
- BataviaPolice: Man charged after threatening to shoot guard at Batavia business
- Girls' BasketballDrozdz, Stanke lead Wheeling past Maine East
- Boys' BasketballGlenbard East's Hall Daily Herald MVP
- Girls' BasketballHuber, Libertyville stun Stevenson
- Boys' BasketballJakubicek's last-second dunk stuns Crystal Lake South
- Girls' BasketballBartlett's Sinclair picks up MVP honor
- 10:33 PMClarendale of Addison hosts grand opening celebration
- 10:19 PMHoliday Jingle Ball Showcase returns Dec. 15
- 9:29 PMSt. Charles' Giving Trees to benefit Elderday Center
- 4:38 PMElgin fire stations collecting coats, hats, mittens for Community Crisis Center
- 4:26 PMLast-minute call for bell ringers for McHenry County Salvation Army
- 2:42 PMAntioch Traveling Closet to hold giveaway Dec. 15
- 10:28 AMEast Elementary Celebrates November Students of the Month
- 10:28 AMExpeditions at East Elementary
Inside Daily Herald