News | Forest board members ask about Civil War Days cancellation: Where are the safety threats?
Several Lake County Forest Preserve District board members on Tuesday said they have yet to see examples of the safety threats district leaders cited as reasons for canceling next month's Civil War Days re-enactment.
News | Mueller to testify to Congress in open sessionThe House Judiciary and Intelligence committees, in a late-night announcement Tuesday, said that "pursuant to a subpoena" Mueller has agreed to appear before both panels on July 17.
DuPage County | Ice cream company owner pleads guilty to child pornography charges, faces prisonThe owner of a well-known Dixon ice cream company will head to prison later this year after pleading guilty to child pornography.
DuPage County | Bartlett man pleads not guilty to murder in mother's stabbing deathThe Bartlett man accused of stabbing his mother to death has pleaded not guilty Tuesday to five counts of first-degree murder in DuPage County.
Crime | Same man suspected in Streamwood, Downers Grove, Plainfield bank robberiesA man who robbed a bank in Streamwood Monday afternoon is believed to have robbed banks in Downers Grove and Plainfield during the previous week, according to the FBI's Chicago Field Office.
News | Villa Park ending era of 65-year-old Lufkin PoolThe 65-year era of Lufkin Pool in Villa Park has come to a close as the pool is set to be demolished after the Fourth of July.
Lake County | Construction worker killed after being hit by dump truckA road construction worker was killed early Tuesday after he was hit by a dump truck, authorities said.
Politics | Obama's car at auction with note from Elmhurst chief insideThe first car President Barack Obama bought new is being auctioned Wednesday, and the first listed "personally-owned artifact" that comes with the car is a note from a former Elmhurst police chief.
Kane County | Were Geneva man's anonymous, insulting letters a threat or protected speech?Were the anonymous letter containing racial and homophobic slurs a Geneva man sent to people from a "What's Happening" Facebook group a crime or speech protected by the First Amendment? That's what a Kane County judge will decide next month after a bench trial Tuesday for Anton L. Purkart, 51, who was arrested and charged last summer with misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
Crime | Prosecutors: Evidence 'overwhelming' against Schaumburg man on trial for murdering neighborCalling the evidence "clear, straightforward and overwhelming," prosecutors Tuesday sought to link Bulmaro Mejia-Maya to the 2017 murder and sexual assault of his neighbor -- a woman who lived just 50 feet from him in the same Schaumburg apartment complex. He has pleaded not guilty.
Columns | Rozner: Trades just start of big Chicago Blackhawks decisionsThe Blackhawks have made significant upgrades to the defense, but they have more big decisions to make.
News | Naperville chamber president stepping down this fallThe president and CEO of the Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce plans to step down this fall after five years at the helm.
- 12:30 AMDefense to present testimony in Navy SEAL murder case
- 12:20 AMUS military says 2 service members killed in Afghanistan
- 11:43 PMIn Oregon, stark rural-urban divide fuels climate dispute
- 11:21 PMTime running short, showdown looms over border aid package
- 11:18 PMMueller to testify publicly before House committees July 17
More Suburban News Find your community
- Elgin2-story garage catches fire, but no one hurt in Elgin
- ElginAuthorities: Man used dating app to set up armed robbery
- Cook CountyToni Preckwinkle reverses decision to retire -- aide says she will seek third term in 2022
- BarringtonThree injured in crash at Northwest Highway and Hart Road in Barrington
- NapervilleDuPage renews support for hazardous waste center in Naperville
- PalatinePalatine expects to save about $350,000 with a new garbage hauling contract
- AuroraMan charged with felony DUI in fatal Aurora crash
- NapervilleProsecutors want 'significant' prison time in Woodridge bitcoin murder for hire case
- GenevaChicago man charged with assault of deputy at Kane County courthouse
- Hoffman EstatesMother Truckin' Booze Fest returns to Sears Centre
- MundeleinHow a high-tech mannequin is going to help Mundelein firefighters save lives
- NapervilleNaperville chamber president stepping down this fall
- 1:39 PMGeneva garbage collection rates increase in July
- 1:32 PMLocal P.E.O. chapter carries on past president's legacy with scholarship
- 1:09 PMWater Street Studios' Live Art Series offers preview of AfterImage Film Festival
- 11:39 AMGet tickets for Elgin Donor Club's annual book review
- 10:29 AMLake Bluff Park District Commissioner Trains at Statewide Seminar
- 9:37 AMAdvocate recognizes Alzheimer's patients, care partners
- 8:49 AMDistrict 54 releases tentative 2019-20 budget
- 8:42 AMCozen O'Connor Attorney Jeremy Glenn Elected Fellow of The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more
Inside Daily Herald