News | Controversial plan would let some RVs park on driveways in Elgin
The Elgin City Council on Wednesday will discuss a controversial proposal to allow a test program for motorized RVs under 25 feet long to park on residential driveways from May through September.
News | Harvest Bible Chapel, former pastor in arbitration over ownership of TV ministryThe former senior pastor of Harvest Bible Chapel is pursuing binding arbitration in order to get a settlement on what he contends he is owed from the church he founded. One of the primary issues, according to the church, is whether James MacDonald or the church owns the "Walk In the Word" radio and television ministry.
Business | Suburban brewing company to open third location in St. CharlesPollyanna Brewing Company plans to open its third location in the heart of downtown St. Charles at 106 S. Riverside Ave.
Business | A bar for people who like to break things is coming to ElmhurstElmhurst will become home this fall to a bar designed for people who like to drink beer and break things. When Throw Nation opens at 630 W. Lake St. it will become the first "throw bar" in the Chicago area.
Crime | Drug-induced homicide charges in death of St. Charles-area manAn Elgin man is held on $500,000 bail after being charged with providing a fatal dose of fentanyl-laced heroin to 25-year-old Trevor Brubaker, who was found in his St. Charles Township house April 4. Jose R. Charles faces six to 30 years in prison if convicted of drug-induced homicide and was on probation for a 2015 heroin case at the time of his most recent arrest.
News | Motorcyclist dies in St. Charles crashA motorcylist died Monday evening after crashing on the 800 block of South Randall Road in St. Charles.
Business | Gurnee approves $200,000 incentive for radio stations to move to Gurnee MillsFour radio stations are set to move to Gurnee Mills mall after the village board voted Monday to pay them $200,000 over three years to offset renovation costs. The radio stations on the move are two Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin-based stations -- WIIL 95.1-FM and WLIP 1050-AM -- and two based in Waukegan -- WKRS ESPN Deportes 1220-AM and WXLC 102.3-FM.
Politics | Full House to vote on graduated income tax amendmentA constitutional amendment that would allow the state to impose higher tax rates on greater margins of income needs only a vote from the full Illinois House to be brought to voters.
Columns | Constable: Hunter takes aim at softening views on gunsNeither hunters nor pheasants are as plentiful in the suburbs as they once were, but Elmhurst resident Butch Navarro hopes to change that by offering his Pheastant Hunting 101 class.
Columns | Feder: WGN names Mary Sandberg Boyle news and operations directorMary Sandberg Boyle, executive producer of Steve Cochran's morning show on WGN 720-AM, has been promoted to director of news and operations at the Tribune Broadcasting news/talk station, Robert Feder writes.
Politics | Moody's says Illinois, New Jersey most vulnerable in event of a recessionA report from one of the nation's leading credit rating agencies says Illinois and New Jersey are the two states least-equipped to handle another recession.
Politics | Lightfoot promises 'reform is here' as she becomes Chicago's 56th mayorLori Lightfoot, who ran for Chicago's top job as a first-time reform candidate with few ties to the city's entrenched political structure, was sworn in as its 56th mayor Monday during a ceremony that noted her historic firsts.
- 6:59 AMSyrian government documents show reach of Assad's agencies
- 6:52 AMAuthor: 'Game of Thrones' finale was ending, also beginning
- 6:50 AMHuawei: US controls have 'no impact,' talking to Google
- 6:27 AMJamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- 6:26 AMJC Penney continues to hemorrhage
More Suburban News Find your community
- EducationDistrict 59 plans pilot program to beef up math curriculum
- WaucondaRacist graffiti spray-painted on Wauconda playground equipment
- NewsWheeling Township District 21 moving toward full-day kindergarten by 2020-21
- NapervilleHow a forgotten piece of land became Naperville's next big community asset
- CrimeBoy to be charged after Instagram threat
- BarringtonBarrington says farewell to village manager, two trustees
- ElginDrug-induced homicide charges in death of St. Charles-area man
- InvernessInverness boy remains hospitalized as investigation into hit-and-run continues
- ElginSt. Edward students decorate giant city snow plow
- NapervilleSuspect in custody in Saturday night Naperville shootings
- Long GroveLane closures planned on Route 53 in Long Grove
- LibertyvilleLibertyville plans Memorial Day tribute to man who led monument effort
- 10:32 PMBatavia American Legion to host 'Salute to Service 5K' June 15
- 8:50 PMElgin Kiwanis Club wins fourth straight Trivia Bee championship
- 7:27 PMBatavia Mothers' Club Foundation names new officers for 2019-20
- 5:40 PMTree of Life UU Second Sunday Collection benefits CASA of McHenry County
- 2:40 PMWaubonsee president reflects on graduating class
- 1:28 PMGive Something Back Foundation selects seven West Aurora students for a full ride at NIU
- 12:42 PMPioneer Center's annual 'Moonlight & Music' returns June 7
- 12:22 PMAssociation for Individual Development to host Color Burst 5K Fun Run & Roll June 7
Through the Film Magnifier: Chicago Bulls, Flight 191 Crash, Rainbow Records, Ray Meyer, Slot Cars and more
Inside Daily Herald