News | District 200: Concerns with LGBTQ content helped spur decision to cancel author's visit
Facing pressure from critics for canceling an author's visit, Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 officials are confirming they called off the event based on both the book's LGBTQ content and a breakdown in procedures over notifying parents.
Politics | Could Illinois go to permanent Daylight Saving Time? Some lawmakers are trying to make it happen.A bill that would put Illinois permanently in Central Daylight Time passed the Senate with broad support Tuesday, but its sponsor said the bill couldn't take effect without further action from the federal government.
Politics | Watch live: Trump impeachment investigation hearingThe Latest on the House impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump.
News | How Nokia land in Naperville could be divided, soldNokia has been attempting to sell off part of its property in Naperville since at least 2011, and now the telecommunications company has plans to sell the entire 175-acre parcel.
Columns | Rozner: Bears can establish a new identity with a win in L.A. -- if Nagy lets themThe Bears are a 7-point dog in L.A., but with a banged-up Rams offense they should be able to stay in the game. Can they play it smart?
Education | After 4 years of debate, District 211 could vote on transgender accessThe Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 board of education is expected to vote Thursday on a proposal to lift locker room restrictions on transgender students, culminating four years of the district being at the center of nationwide debate of the issue.
Crime | Police: Long-running dispute ends with son killing father in Des PlainesA long-running dispute between father and son ended in gunfire in the family's Des Plaines home Monday, leaving a 54-year-old man dead and his son behind bars accused of murder, police say.
Kane County | Man gets 4 years in prison after pleading guilty to fifth DUIA 57-year-old Gilberts man has been sentenced to 4 years in prison after pleading guilty to his fifth DUI, the most recent in June 2019 in Crystal Lake.
Lake County | Does new Lake County rule give union shops unfair advantage for contracts?Companies seeking contracts for construction projects and other jobs with Lake County must participate in registered apprenticeship programs under a new bidding rule.
Columns | Constable: What's big, fast, hazardous and should swing by Earth before Thanksgiving?Worried about the impeachment battle, the 2020 election, the Chicago Bears, the seating arrangement for Thanksgiving? An asteroid twice the size of the Eiffel Tower and zipping toward Earth could add to your worries, or make them all go away.
Transportation | Give Metra control of Union Station, Lipinski saysAmtrak should give up control of Union Station in light of some "disastrous" mishaps, U.S. Rep. Dan Lipinski said Wednesday at an oversight hearing.
Business | Amazon 4-star opens in Oakbrook CenterOnline retail giant Amazon opened its Amazon 4-star brick-and-mortar store Wednesday at 2228 Oakbrook Center.
- 2:58 PMGovernment claims Roger Stone 'undermined' Russia inquiry
- 2:57 PMCalifornia sued again for requiring women on company boards
- 2:56 PMStocks give up gains as report dampens trade deal optimism
- 2:54 PMAsylum-seekers get attorney access before return to Mexico
- 2:53 PMImpeachment witness says Trump asked about Ukraine probes
More Suburban News Find your community
- St. CharlesHow St. Charles aldermen are addressing a pot sales zoning discrepancy
- PalatineCousins Subs opens new location in Palatine
- DuPage CountyDuPage County lifts ban on video gambling
- Lake CountyLake County Board adopts $571.8 million budget, keeps tax levy flat
- EducationU-46's Equity Plan aims to close achievement gaps, diversify workforce, promote cultural awareness
- NewsMore whooping cough cases at Stevenson High School
- St. CharlesPlans moving forward for St. Charles library expansion, renovation
- DuPage CountyDuPage County voters to decide if recorder's office should be eliminated
- Deer ParkSanta's arrival, fireworks show Friday at Deer Park Town Center
- BarringtonBarrington Animal Hospital revises plan for new Northwest Highway location
- Prep FootballBatavia, Cary-Grove face challenging quarterfinal matchups
- Prep SportsHersey grad Strozewski earns college accolades
- 2:05 PMSt. Charles library to host 'Great Decisions' series
- 1:38 PMAurora church hosts Halloween party
- 12:24 PMMundelein Park District dancers to perform in televised parade
- 12:13 PMLocal teens start charity for children in Kenya: Book donations can change lives
- 11:45 AMAmerican Legion seeks donations for sailor holiday dinner
- 10:58 AMNFL Hall of Famer's Chain of Family Entertainment and Action Parks Set to Open 50,000 Square Foot Facility in Gurnee
- 7:48 AMSaint Viator Alumni Association to Host Business Symposium
- 7:42 AMKemperSports' Vince Juarez Achieves PGA Master Professional Status
Inside Daily Herald