DuPage County | How DuPage County's 'clean and lien' program helps fix neighborhood eyesores
A "clean and lien" program is helping officials in DuPage County repair or remove dilapidated or abandoned buildings in unincorporated areas. It also helps the county get garbage, debris and hazardous materials removed from properties.
Kane County | Police: Yorkville woman going 106 mph, 3x legal limit in 4th DUI arrestA Yorkville woman faces her fourth DUI charge after being arrested early Monday on Interstate 88 near North Aurora when she was nearly three times over the legal blood-alcohol threshold while traveling at 106 mph, authorities said. Gail L. Govednik, 29, faces a punishment ranging from probation to up to seven years in prison if convicted of aggravated DUI.
Crime | Medical examiner: South Barrington woman's 2000 drowning death a homicideFormer Cook County medical examiner testifies Cynthia Hrisco's 2000 drowning death was a homicide as the murder trial of her husband Frank Buschauer, 70, continues in Rolling Meadows.
Cubs | Schwarber homer in 10th wins it for Chicago CubsThe Chicago Cubs could have some interesting roster and in-game decisions to make soon once Willson Contreras comes off the injured list. The Cubs beat the Cincinnati Reds 4-3 in 10 innings on Kyle Schwarber's home run.
Politics | House votes to condemn Trump's 'racist comments that have legitimized and increased fear'The House voted Tuesday to condemn comments from President Donald Trump that have been criticized as racist, with some Democrats complaining that party leaders aren't punching back hard enough.
News | Report: Firefighters battle massive fire at Crystal Lake apartment buildingResidents were evacuated from a Crystal Lake apartment building after a massive three-alarm fire Wednesday morning, according to ABC 7.
Cook County | Police: Man in forest preserve offered kids money to change his diaperCook County sheriff's police are seeking the public's help in identifying a suspicious person after a July 11 incident on a forest preserve trail near Morton Grove where he offered kids money to change his diaper.
Editorial | Editorial: In the wake of Trump tweets, is this who we are?In this editorial, the Daily Herald says that in the end, last weekend's insulting tweets by Donald Trump require the nation to realize that the citizenry must be better than its president.
News | Schaumburg favors spot for convention center parking deckSchaumburg village board members agreed Tuesday that the area just north of the Schaumburg Convention Center was the best place for a five-level parking deck to address an existing demand there and leave more visible land available along Meacham Road to the west for a self-proposed entertainment district.
News | Feder: New morning show taking shape at US99Two and a half months after WUSN 99.5-FM dropped the morning team of Doug Stylz and Justin Roman, the Entercom country music station is about to name their replacement. Jason Pullman, former morning personality at WUBL in his native Atlanta, is expected to sign on at US99 early next month, according to insiders.
DuPage County | Sources: Mom texted about 'unruly' kids before Elmhurst-area shooting, then texted she did itJaime Jones did not leave a note detailing what drove her to shoot her two teenage sons multiple times Friday before setting fire to her Elmhurst-area home and fatally shooting herself, authorities said Monday. But investigators are examining the 43-year-old mother's other communications leading up to the slayings of Jason M. Harris, 16, and Nathan A. Harris, 19, and her own death.
Entertainment | Former suburbanites Odenkirk, Brosnahan among Emmy's top nomineesEmmy nominations announced Tuesday included lots of familiar -- and suburban -- names. Among them: Bob Odenkirk, Rachel Brosnahan, Alex Borstein and "Game of Thrones" creator D.B. Weiss.
- 8:00 AMJohn Paul Stevens evolved into Supreme Court's liberal lion
- 7:58 AMUS objects to French tax on tech firms at G-7 meeting
- 7:56 AMRecently paroled robber charged in fatal Chicago stabbing
- 7:30 AMTurkish state media: Diplomat working at Turkish Consulate in Irbil, Iraq, killed in attack at a restaurant there
- 7:28 AMApple, Google continue inclusive push with new emojis
More Suburban News Find your community
- NewsIn lieu of grade level centers, Dist. 26 goes with centralized kindergarten
- NapervilleNaperville buying land to widen North Aurora Road
- AuroraAurora man gets 30 years in 2015 robbery plot
- LombardDuPage secures court order to disband Lombard-area sanitary district
- ElginElgin crash victim identified
- CarpentersvillePolice: Carpentersville woman bit, kicked officers during arrest
- GurneePolice: Gurnee man charged after crashing into tree while fleeing sheriff's deputy
- NewsResident, firefighter injured in Crystal Lake fire
- Round Lake BeachWoman who died after being pulled from lake identified
- Island LakeLawsuit from ex-cops alleges corruption in Island Lake
- St. CharlesSt. Charles to help fund fencing for resident affected by Red Gate Bridge
- Lake CountyRoad work leads to closures on Route 22 in Lake Barrington
- 10:51 PMElgin Elks join with Elgin's First Baptist Church for 'Step It Up' program
- 9:18 PMFind bargains and treasures at Immanuel's Giant Indoor Garage Sale July 18-20
- 5:53 PMFormer NASA CAPCOM Hal Getzelman to speak at Gail Borden Library July 19
- 4:53 PMAfterImage Film Festival to offer special previews Aug. 23
- 10:58 AMFruit Truck coming to Mundelein
- 10:58 AMBravo Waukegan's Music Camp Connects Students With Music in Innovative Ways
- 10:47 AMHoly Family kindergartners take lesson one step further
- 10:29 AMWheaton Municipal Band Concert takes on 'The ABC's of Music'
Inside Daily Herald