News | Rescuing trapped driver makes prom even more memorable for Hoffman Estates High senior
Stefan Knappik of Schaumburg was driving his girlfriend home from Hoffman Estates High School's senior prom Saturday night when their coming across the aftermath of a vehicle collision -- including a man trapped in an overturned car -- made the dance even more memorable.
Business | Mexican eatery INVICTO opening second location in Vernon HillsMexican street food inspired restaurant INVICTO, which debuted last fall in Naperville, is opening a second location Thursday at Mellody Farm in Vernon Hills.
News | Why Elgin mayor is wary of tightening rules for items belonging to homeless peopleElgin city staff members want to tighten regulations after an increase in homeless people leaving belongings in public places, but Mayor David Kaptain said that gives him pause.
DuPage County | Lombard couple plead not guilty to bilking veterans' charity they foundedFounders of a Lombard-based charity that pledged to help returning veterans get back on their feet have pleaded not guilty, in separate hearings Wednesday, to misusing more than $10,000 of those funds.
Entertainment | Festivals: Parades, ceremonies and more mark Memorial Day 2019 in the suburbsThe Memorial Day 2019 weekend kicks off the summer festival season with patriotic parades, somber ceremonies and suburban art fairs. Here's a list of events.
Politics | Trump assails Democrats for investigating him, rejects infrastructure talksDonald Trump escalated his confrontation with House Democrats over their efforts to investigate his presidency, declaring he'd refuse to work with them on bipartisan policies including an infrastructure plan unless they halt their probes.
News | Trump administration struggles to confront the deadliest drug crisis in U.S. historyHealth policy experts say drug treatment funding is not nearly enough, and the Trump administration's response was hobbled by the failure to appoint a drug czar in its chaotic first year and confusion over who was in charge of drug policy. The depth of the problem continues to overwhelm the government's response.
News | Palatine chooses 26-year department veteran as new police chiefPalatine officials on Wednesday announced the appointment of veteran officer David Daigle as the village's next police chief. Daigle, who joined the department in 1993 and currently services as deputy chief, will replace the retiring Chief Alan Stoeckel on July 2.
Transportation | Want a prime spot in Barrington's Metra lot? That'll be $1,200 a yearSimilar to how sports teams have created season seats with exclusive benefits, one suburb is offering commuters a chance to buy guaranteed parking for a year in the best spaces at its Metra station.
Prep Football | Football: Lake Zurich names Planz head coachLess than four months after accepting the head football job at Larkin, Ron Planz has been named the head football coach at Lake Zurich.
Kane County | Aurora police: Suspect in Dollar General robbery caught through stolen phoneA 26-year-old Aurora man was arrested Tuesday and charged with the armed robbery of a Dollar General Store on the city's east side after officers tracked him through a stolen cellphone, authorities said. Lamar H. Russell is charged with armed robbery and was free on bond on a drug case and on probation for a felony driving offense when he was arrested, according to Kane County court records.
News | Schaumburg trustees like park concept for ex-Motorola siteSchaumburg trustees Tuesday endorsed a concept plan for a central 12-acre park that would serve the coming businesses, residences and visitors on the 225-acre Veridian Development on the former Motorola Solutions campus.
- 3:46 PMDes Plaines Chamber's Back-To-Work Boot Camp returns
- 3:43 PMBluesmobile Reunion and cruise nights in Mt. Prospect are classics
- 3:38 PMCorrection: Flooding-Mississippi River Barges story
- 3:34 PMConsumer Reports: Tesla automated lane changes are risky
- 3:30 PM3 Minutes: Trump meeting with Dems goes bust in a flash
More Suburban News Find your community
- AuroraPolice identify body found near I-88
- Rolling MeadowsElectronic sign won't go on Quentin Road, Rolling Meadows aldermen say
- AuroraAurora might grant $100K in incentives for new downtown restaurant
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove formally opposes legalization of recreational marijuana
- St. CharlesSuburban brewing company to open third location in St. Charles
- ElginJail, probation for Elgin teen who used dating app to set up iPhone robbery
- BartlettMan guilty of Geneva identity theft arrested in Gurnee drug case
- St. CharlesSt. Charles plans to borrow $15.7 million to fund police station, other capital projects
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: All-too-familiar result for Downers Grove South
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Lake Zurich gets past Stevenson
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Palatine, Barrington head to regional finals
- Prep SportsSoftball: Geneva upsets No. 1 seed Yorkville
- 11:26 AMGolf Outing Supports Domestic Violence Services and Programs
- 11:26 AMLocal student receives awards at Lake Forest College
- 7:19 AMSeminar on How to Avoid Financial Scams at the Township of Schaumburg on May 28th
- 7:17 AMRush Hospital's chief operating officer appointed to Inroads national board of directors
- 7:06 AMDowntown Palatine Business Association (DPBA) Hosts Annual Sidewalk Sales
- 10:29 PMTeam from Flowing Forth Church to join mission trip to Mexico
- 10:10 PMSt. Catherine of Siena School students embrace the states
- 9:17 PMDonations welcome for 'Trash to Treasure' rummage sale
Through the Film Magnifier: Chicago Bulls, Flight 191 Crash, Rainbow Records, Ray Meyer, Slot Cars and more
Inside Daily Herald