Crime | Slain Arlington Heights couple remembered for selfless, generous lives
At their funeral Mass Saturday morning, a retired Arlington Heights couple whom authorities believe were murdered by their daughter a week earlier, were remembered for their devotion to each other and the community they long served.
DuPage County | DuPage County jail inmates learn welding to better prepare for life on the outsideVentrel Murphy has been in and out of DuPage County jail since 2015. He's currently being held on theft charges from 2018, despite being able to post his current bail and go free. But he's not ready yet. Murphy has found a purpose as one of the county's first inmates to participate in the jail's new welding technology program.
News | 250 athletes overcome disabilities to compete in Great Lakes GamesAbout 250 athletes with disabilities competed Saturday in the Great Lakes Games hosted by the Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association at Lake Forest High School.
News | Repairs to begin next month on Long Grove covered bridgeRepairs are expected to begin next month on downtown Long Grove's landmark one-lane covered bridge, which was heavily damaged after a truck plowed into it about a year ago.
Kane County | Woman arrested after noise complaint at St. Charles apartment complex escalatesA noise complaint escalated quickly this week between two neighbors at a St. Charles apartment complex and now one woman faces a possible prison term.
Business | 'This is a mess': Hundreds of complaints against St. Charles-area car dealershipsIllinois Secretary of State Police are dealing with more than 500 cases tied to the Nissan of St. Charles dealership and the Pre-Owned of St. Charles dealerships in St. Charles and West Chicago.
News | 'Eye-catching' playground at Festival Park in Elgin now openThe installation of new playground equipment at Festival Park in Elgin was finished Friday after a delay mostly due to weather, officials said.
News | Libertyville Days Festival parade theme: 50th anniversary of moon landingThe Libertyville Days Festival parade went off without a hitch Saturday morning in downtown Libertyville.
Kane County | Montgomery cancer patient who ordered 42 pounds of THC chocolate thanks judge for only a 4-year prison termA Montgomery cancer patient who ordered 42 pounds of THC-infused chocolate to his home in 2015 began serving his 4-year prison term Friday, expressing his "gratitude" to the judge for accepting a guilty plea on a lesser charge.
News | Last Fling bringing '90s rock headliners to NapervilleBetter Than Ezra, Vertical Horizon and Big Head Todd & The Monsters are set to be headliners of the Last Fling festival during Labor Day weekend in Naperville.
News | Naperville senior's fitness routine has her in running for national awardPat Fuller of Naperville is one of 10 nationwide finalists for an award through the SilverSneakers senior fitness program. Online voting for the award lasts through Monday.
Dining | Suburban restaurants pulling out the stops for Father's Day 2019How about giving Dad the gift of time spent with you over brunch, lunch or dinner this Father's Day? There are many places to do just that in the suburbs.
- 3:26 PMOff-duty LA cop discharged gun during deadly Costco shooting
- 3:24 PMFamily of slain ex-Arkansas lawmaker "sickened" by arrest
- 3:17 PMWeather forces rescheduling of Richmond Pride festival
- 3:16 PMHobby horse fans show off their skills in Finland
- 3:00 PMOJ Simpson on Twitter: 'I got a little gettin' even to do.'
More Suburban News Find your community
- BarringtonBarrington's White House launching first Summer Cultural Season Thursday
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates recommends tax incentive for proposed technology park
- NapervilleDuPage County mayors pleased by what just came out of Springfield
- EducationDistrict 59 looking for two more principals before start of school year
- NewsDistrict 203 plans measures to improve cultural sensitivity and equity
- ItascaFestival time in Itasca: Men in kilts with bagpipes
- GurneeGurnee village board to consider third fire station
- LibertyvilleLibertyville Days Festival in full swing, will continue through Sunday
- LisleOpening of Marq on Main development celebrated in Lisle
- Island LakeIsland Lake expected to hire less costly building inspector
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows tries to get online travel companies to pay hotel tax
- GurneeSix Flags to raise money for Special Olympics with 'Solar Plunge'
- 9:11 PMLocal student selected for internship in July at University of Texas to analyze NASA Earth Science Data
- 9:04 PMDuPage County nonprofit opens home for victims of sex trafficking
- 7:41 PMElmhurst Park District commissioner trains at statewide seminar
- 7:35 PMWheaton Municipal Band celebrates 90th season with the music of Disney June 20
- 6:00 PMFree Family Nights at the Park kicks off June 18 in East Dundee
- 2:25 PMBarrington's White House presents summer season of cultural arts events
- 1:15 PMJudson University launches first fully applied Data Science Boot Camp
- 10:19 AMWoodland Elementary West Recognizes Students for May ROAR Behavior
Inside Daily Herald