Crime | AJ Freund's DCFS caseworker, supervisor fired
The caseworker and supervisor in charge of the DCFS investigation into AJ Freund's well-being at the time when he was murdered have been fired by the state.
Politics | Panel vote sends Trump impeachment charges to full HouseDemocrats propelled President Donald Trump's impeachment toward a vote by the full U.S. House on Friday, as the Judiciary Committee approved charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress in the constitutional and political storm that has divided Congress and the nation.
News | Island Lake approves zoning rules for marijuana businessesIsland Lake trustees on Thursday approved zoning regulations for marijuana dispensaries and other businesses that would cater to recreational users.
News | Waiting for state approval, Rivers Casino tees up planned sportsbookIt has the look and feel of a Las Vegas sportsbook, but for now, a new bar within Rivers Casino in Des Plaines won't allow patrons to place any bets just yet.
News | Oh, say, she can sing: Elgin woman will perform national anthem at Sears CentreGloria McCarthy of Elgin gets animated, and a touch emotional, when she starts talking about getting the chance to finally achieve her longtime dream Saturday: performing the national anthem at a public venue.
Crime | Arlington Heights Montessori school may close; treasurer charged in Ponzi schemeBoard members of the 55-year-old Northwest Suburban Montessori School in Arlington Heights say the nonprofit's ability to survive even the current school year has been jeopardized by the loss of more than $600,000 to investment fraud. Arlington Heights resident Robert C. Walberg, 58, who served as the school's board treasurer for about a decade, was charged in early October with theft by deception, wire fraud, securities violations and investment advisement fraud.
News | Chicago cop reprimanded for investigation into suburban man's deathA Chicago Police sergeant has been reprimanded, but avoided a one-year suspension, over the bungled homicide investigation that cleared then-Mayor Richard M. Daley's nephew in the death of David Koschman of Mount Prospect.
DuPage County | Residents urged to get Obamacare insurance as deadline nearsWith just days left to enroll for health insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act, local, state and federal officials are encouraging residents to take advantage of the program.
News | Health officials: Legionnaires' cases could be linked to Central DuPage HospitalPublic health officials are investigating whether Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital was the source of three cases of Legionnaires' disease.
Crime | Aurora woman found unfit for trial in infant son's deathA 24-year-old Aurora woman charged with killing her infant son in June by slamming him against a piece of furniture has been ruled unfit to stand trial after an evaluation. Trivea S. Jones was ordered Thursday to be sent to the state's Department of Human Services for an unspecified mental disability for up to a year after attorneys stipulated to a psycologist's report.
Politics | Supreme Court to take up dispute over subpoenas for Trump recordsThe Supreme Court said Friday it will hear President Donald Trump's pleas to keep his tax, bank and financial records private, a major confrontation between the president and Congress that also could affect the 2020 presidential campaign.
News | Foster, Casten say they will vote for impeachmentU.S. Reps. Bill Foster and Sean Casten say they will support impeaching President Donald Trump after the Judiciary Committee on Friday approved charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
Music | Weekend at play: Jane Lynch plays Crystal Lake, Lego Train Show rolls into CantignyFive fun weekend events: Jane Lynch brings "A Swingin' Little Christmas" to Crystal Lake's Raue, the 17th annual Lego Train Show opens at Wheaton's Cantigny, and the Ruth Page Civic Ballet revives "The Nutcracker" in Grayslake.
- 10:17 PMMississippi 15-week abortion ban is blocked by appeals court
- 10:12 PMNew Zealand divers attempt to recover last 2 volcano victims
- 9:57 PMMexico's most famous living author stands by sex abuse claim
- 8:53 PMBoy, 13, arrested in killing of Barnard College freshman
- 8:51 PMCouple drops off newborn girl at Chicago-area fire station
More Suburban News Find your community
- Downers GroveCarjackings reported in Downers Grove, Warrenville
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn looks to sell land at Five Corners intersection
- NewsU-46 schools mark holiday season with activities, charity events
- SchaumburgFounder of Schaumburg's Powerhouse Productions dies
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect hires law firm to handle Block 56 redevelopment issues
- Elk Grove Village'Captain Al' remembered for dedicated service to Elk Grove Village
- Hanover ParkWood Dale man charged with aggravated DUI in fatal 2018 Hanover Park crash
- ElginElgin police investigating armed robbery
- BataviaBatavia committee approves new city logo
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South ends rough stretch with win vs. Elgin
- Prep SportsBoys swimming and diving: Stevenson dominates against Libertyville
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect attic fire leaves home uninhabitable
- 9:09 PMDundee Community High School to host 50th reunion in 2020
- 7:16 PMMetro concert featuring Bowie tribute band to benefit NorthShore Kellogg cancer program
- 7:12 PMGrove Players & Off the Cuff bring 'A Night of Improv' to Downers Grove Dec. 20-21
- 5:14 PMMcHenry County voter registration drive nets high school students
- 5:07 PMBooks Between Bites explores 'ColorMyCode' Dec. 19
- 10:48 AMFort2Base Listed on The BibRave 100 and Chosen as an RRCA Championship Race for 2020
- 10:48 AMShop with a Cop
- 7:57 AMPalatine Park District presents programs for days off school in January and February
Inside Daily Herald