News | Police report: 'Miscommunication' strained racial confrontation at Buffalo Wild Wings in Naperville
The situation that unfolded Oct. 26 involving a multiracial group of 18 diners at Buffalo Wild Wings in Naperville was "a lot of miscommunication" that "blew up by word of mouth," one restaurant employee said in a handwritten statement included with a report Naperville police released Wednesday evening.
News | District 200: Concerns with LGBTQ content helped spur decision to cancel author's visitFacing pressure from critics for canceling an author's visit, Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 officials are confirming they called off the event based on both the book's LGBTQ content and a breakdown in procedures over notifying parents.
Columns | What do school shootings have in common? They could have been prevented, victims' parents say in RosemontThere's no such thing as a typical school shooter, according to a new report from the U.S. Sercret Service, but all their shootings have one thing in common: they were preventable. Agency researchers and the fathers of three students killed in the 2018 Parkland, Florida massacre were in the suburbs Wednesday discussing ways to prevent future tragedies.
News | Nokia Naperville demo uses 'Fortnite' to show off 5G capabilitiesThe high-speed, low-delay communications of 5G are here, and a Nokia demonstration proved the company has the technology to set up a 5G system from end to end.
News | How Nokia land in Naperville could be divided, soldNokia has been attempting to sell off part of its property in Naperville since at least 2011, and now the telecommunications company has plans to sell the entire 175-acre parcel.
News | Operating rooms, outpatient services upgraded at Delnor HospitalFrom the layout to the building materials to the technology installed in each operating room, the devil was in the details when it came time to design a $39.6 million renovation and expansion at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.
Politics | Local congressional Democrats go on offensive in impeachment inquiryTwo congressmen representing the suburbs pressed witnesses to clarify the record Wednesday in a fiercely partisan impeachment hearing into whether President Donald Trump withheld funds from Ukraine for political gain.
Politics | Takeaways from first day of House public impeachment hearingsWednesday's start of public impeachment hearings in Congress marked the first time that the American public could watch and listen to the witnesses whose testimony is at the core of the Democrats' investigation. In several hours of testimony, punctuated by occasional bickering among lawmakers, some memorable moments emerged.
Crime | Police: Long-running dispute ends with son killing father in Des PlainesA long-running dispute between father and son ended in gunfire in the family's Des Plaines home Monday, leaving a 54-year-old man dead and his son behind bars accused of murder, police say.
News | Aurora and its first responders honored during Reflejos 'Reflecting Excellence' eventReflejos honored individuals and organizations including first responders, educators, activists, community colleges and libraries for their efforts to promite inclusion and diversity.
News | Schaumburg panel recommends rules for recreational marijuana salesSchaumburg, the second largest hub of economic activity in Illinois, is zeroing in on how it will handle the new industry of recreational marijuana sales beginning Jan. 1.
DuPage County | DuPage board adds to mission statement: All are welcome hereRepublicans and Democrats on the DuPage County Board put aside their political differences this week to speak out against racism and hate in response to a recent confrontation at a Naperville restaurant.
News | An escape from winter: Salt spa opens in downtown Arlington HeightsOver the course of 14 months of renovations, Tim Bradley transformed a vacant 2,000-square-foot storefront within the Arlington Town Square shopping center in Arlington Heights into a dimly-lit, calming therapy lounge that resembles a cloistered salt mine deep in the mountains a world away.
More Suburban News Find your community
- ElginNo ice rink in Elgin's Civic Center Plaza this year, officials say
- Roselle3 charged in Roselle Verizon store burglary
- St. CharlesHow St. Charles aldermen are addressing a pot sales zoning discrepancy
- LibertyvilleInfiniti dealership wants to relocate, expand in Libertyville
- NewsProgram pairs young readers with canine audience at Libertyville school
- AlgonquinPets can get in on holiday fun at Two Bostons in Geneva
- NewsDistrict 220 board honors Barrington High girls golf champ
- NewsFor first time in 5 years, Arlington Heights won't raise property tax levy
- NewsCounting down to Arlington Hts. rec center reopening
- Lake CountyLake County considering options on recreational marijuana sales
- Prep FootballScouting Class 6A quarterfinal between Cary-Grove and Prairie Ridge
- Prep FootballScouting Batavia vs. Nazareth Class 7A quarterfinal
- 10:43 PMNaperville Park District releases draft of proposed 2020 budget
- 10:01 PMEnjoy an evening of mystery and music with Chamber Music on the Fox Nov. 18
- 9:40 PMJudson University to host 'Shark Tank' event supporting entrepreneurship
- 9:03 PMLearn about local 2020 Census efforts Nov. 19 at Gail Borden Public Library
- 8:40 PMMake a fleece blanket for soldiers at Algonquin library's Makerspace
- 8:19 PMFox River Valley Chapter sponsors DAR Pathway of the Patriots tree
- 7:17 PMElgin Golden K Kiwanis gives donation to start 'Coat Closet' at local school
- 6:06 PMGet tips on indoor cycling at Nov. 20 club meeting
Inside Daily Herald