News | Hometown fans are pumped about Jimmy Garoppolo's Super Bowl appearance
While the Bears won't be playing in Super Bowl LIV next month, many in the Northwest suburbs will have a deep stake in the outcome when native son and San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo takes the field in Miami. "If the Bears can't be in it, this is better or the next best thing," Rolling Meadows sports bar owner Mike Reppe said.
News | Hoffman Estates breakfast honors King's legacy with call to actionHoffman Estates community leaders and residents gathered with neighbors from surrounding communities Monday to celebrate and honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
News | 'Proud to carry the name': Carol Stream remembers village's namesakeCarol Stream, the namesake of the village in DuPage County, has died. She was 77.
News | King holiday 'a day to do something positive' for Arlington Heights churchVolunteers at First Presbyterian Church in Arlington Heights marked Martin Luther King Jr. Day by preparing and serving lunch for those in need. "I think the purpose is to try and create a little more brightness in the world," Associate Pastor TC Anderson said. "Use Martin Luther King Jr. Day to do something positive instead of having the day off and bum about."
News | Choir brings joyous sounds to Judson on MLK DaySecond Baptist Church of Elgin joined with Judson University Monday during the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration. It's the 17th year Second Baptist has joined Judson to mark the occasion.
Columns | Rozner: Cubs' TV voice Kasper joins elite companyAbout to start his 16th season here, Len Kasper as the lead TV voice of the Cubs is surpassed in tenure only by Jack Brickhouse. That happened fast.
News | If you value local journalism, here's an opportunity for you to helpThe Daily Herald is embarking on a fundraising drive to help boster the news reporting staff through a matching grant program with the nonprofit Report For America.
Columns | Have you waited a long time at a freight train crossing? The feds want to hear about it.A new federal website lets you name, blame and shame the train causing you pain. Local leaders hope the reporting will help land them federal dollars to build grade separations or pressure railroads to offer operational fixes.
News | Oakbrook Terrace mayor resignsOakbrook Terrace Mayor Tony Ragucci has resigned weeks after news surfaced that federal agents had seized $60,000 in cash from his home last year.
News | Vehicle falls on worker at Huntley repair shopA worker at a Huntley auto repair shop was injured Monday afternoon when a vehicle fell on him.
Crime | Joliet cop charged with DUI in crash that killed cop from Glen EllynA Joliet police officer has been charged with DUI, and a Plainfield man is also being held, in a crash that killed a Glen Ellyn man who was also a police officer.
News | Mom's 'really scary moment' led South Barrington sisters to launch charity for brain treatmentAfter their mother survived two emergency brain surgeries, South Barrington sisters Rhea and Ranya Sharma in early 2019 formed Skulls and Drills. The 501(c)(3) nonprofit aims to help fund brain surgeries for people who need one but cannot afford it.
- 9:58 PMPro-gun rally by thousands in Virginia ends peacefully
- 9:57 PMChina coronavirus claims 4th victim as more screenings added
- 8:47 PMSuspect in Hawaii officers' deaths described as unhinged
- 7:51 PMHuman-to-human transmission confirmed in China coronavirus
- 6:57 PMCalifornia police: Driver rammed into car, killing 3 teens
More Suburban News Find your community
- DuPage CountyDuPage County once again raising concerns about cell antenna law
- Villa ParkVilla Park man charged in Wheaton 'swatting' case
- Lake ZurichPhase Three Brewing to purchase Lake Zurich Brewing Company
- EducationDistrict 21 hires firm to oversee referendum building projects
- SchaumburgGOP U.S. Senate candidates to meet in Schaumburg
- Buffalo GroveMore suburban achieve StormReady Community designation
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove earns national recognition for financial report
- ElginShow squirrels some love on their special day: Squirrel Appreciation Day
- LincolnshireLincolnshire Skate Night rescheduled
- EducationDistrict 62 tax levy going up 6.6%
- Girls' BasketballTeam effort lifts Hersey past state-ranked Lake Forest
- PalatinePalatine apartment left uninhabitable after fire
- 7:34 PMPrairie State Bonsai Society to host its first Silhouette Show Feb. 15
- 7:11 PMAnnual orchid show returns to DuPage Country Fairgrounds Feb. 15-16
- 7:09 PMDowners Grove South to bring 'Luck of the Irish' to the stage Jan. 31-Feb. 1
- 5:59 PMArea chess club to host popular tournament Feb. 8
- 2:10 PMDr. Dean Nicholas Installed as 2020 President-Elect of Chicago Dental Society
- 2:08 PMDr. David Lewis Installed as 2020 Treasurer of Chicago Dental Society
- 2:06 PMEgos hilariously clash in ETC's comedy 'Suite Surrender'
- 2:06 PMCommunity Generosity Fulfills Wheeling Township 'Neighbors Helping Neighbors' Motto
Through the Film Magnifier: A Vietnam POW, frog jumping, drag-racing cars, klondike sledding and more
Inside Daily Herald