Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Wrestling
Dundee-Crown’s Brunner settles for 2nd Feb 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Last year at this time, Christian Brunner was just an unknown 132-pounder for Dundee-Crown, who did not even compete in the Fox Valley Conference or regional tournaments. One year later, his name boomed across the State Farm Center when the Chargers’ sensational sophomore was introduced as one of the combatants in the 182-pound Class 3A final on the big floor. In yet another battle between No. 2 Colton Emmerich of Deerfield and a rematch of last week’s sectional final, it was Emmerich (47-1) who would prevail for the fourth time, defeating Brunner 5-3 to capture the Warriors’ first individual state title since 1964, while Brunner brings home the 14th medal in Dundee-Crown program history.
Wauconda’s Magiera powers to 220-pound title Feb 22, 2014 11:33 PM
Tom Nance, his coaching staff, and even the teammates of Wauconda’s super 220-pounder Nate Magiera spent the entire week putting together the perfect tactical plan. The idea was to have everything in order for a test against No. 1-ranked Edgar Ruano. Magiera, who’d only lost to Ruano this season, was rated No. 2 in the state. But then, 22 seconds into the Class 2A champoionship match under the bright lights in Champaign, Magiera blew apart all that preparation. And boy, is Nance thrilled that happened. When at his best, Magiera is capable of humbling anyone — even Ruano — and Saturday night, that’s exactly what the Bulldogs senior did. With a magnificent display of power and skill, Magiera used every weapon in his arsenal to throttle Ruano 17-4 and capture the state championship trophy. It’s the school’s first since Scott Carlson won in 2009 at 152 pounds.
Alexander, Stopka complete medal efforts at state Feb 22, 2014 10:32 PM
The medal count might not have ended up exactly as expected, but for Conant’s Bobby Alexander, Schaumburg’s Matt Stopka and Barrington’s Mitch Stathakis, the weekend at State Farm Arena still proved most memorable.
Images: State Wrestling, Saturday, Feb. 22 Feb 22, 2014 10:32 PM
Images from state Boys Wrestling Individual finals at State Farm Center in Champaign on Saturday, Feb. 22.
The thrill of victory Feb 22, 2014 11:31 PM
Jered Cortez and Jon Marmolejo were part of prep wrestling history only minutes apart Saturday night at the University of Illinois’ State Farm Center. But for different reasons. Marmion senior Johnny Jimenez was the only Class 3A 126-pound wrestler to defeat Marmolejo this season, denying the Panthers’ senior any offensive points in a 5-1 victory. It was the fourth state championship for the Wisconsin-bound Jimenez.
Marmion’s Jimenez wins 4th state championship Feb 22, 2014 10:20 PM
Five years after the last Illinois athlete completed a four-year sweep of state championships, Johnny Jimenez had the massive crowd at the University of Illinois’ State Farm Center on its feet. The Marmion senior became the 12th wrestler in the 77-year history of the state tournament to win championships all four years with his Class 3A 126-pound 5-1 victory over Glenbard North senior Jon Marmolejo Saturday night.
Libertyville’s Polakowski, Warren’s Parker make title bouts Feb 21, 2014 10:46 PM
Last year, Steve Polakowski and Emery Parker last year could not have been further from competing for a state title. But Saturday night, the dynamic duo from the North Suburban Conference will be chasing Class 3A championships in Champaign. Wauconda senior Nate Magiera will do likewise at 220 pounds as he pursues the top honor in Class 2A.
Dundee-Crown’s Brunner taking Champaign by storm Feb 21, 2014 11:43 PM
Dundee-Crown assistant Matt Wahl said Christian Brunner he was a year away from greatness. Chargers’ head coach Robert Skillman added his super sophomore was on a the cusp of something special. The Chargers’ duo probably won’t mind being a little off with their predictions now that their top man became the man the stars at 182 pounds should fear. Brunner (43-4), the only unseeded player in the quarterfinals, would first stun No. 6 Jimmy Mickens (Mt. Carmel, 36-9) Friday afternoon, then shock No. 1 Alex Benoit (38-3) of Marist in an OT tiebreaker in the semifinals to advance into tonight’s state final against No. 2 Colton Emmerich (46-1) of Deerfield in a rematch of the sectional final last weekend in Barrington.
Images: State Wrestling, Friday, Feb. 21 Feb 21, 2014 11:01 PM
Images from state Boys Wrestling Individual quarterfinals and semifinals at State Farm Center in Champaign on Friday, Feb. 21.
Wrestling scoreboard: Friday’s results Feb 22, 2014 1:39 AM
Wrestling scoreboard: * State Individual meet At State Farm Arena, Champaign quarterfinal and semifinal results 106 Pounds Quarterfinal results: Renteria (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Walker (Downers Grove North) 8-1; Stathakis (Barrington d. McAuliffe (Marist) 5-2; O’Connor (St. Rita) p. Fuentez (Glenbard East) 1:26; Johansen (Glenbard North) p. Jacquez (West Aurora) 2:38. Semifinal results: Renteria (OPRF) m.d. Stathakis (Bar) 11-2; O’Connor (StR) m.d. Johansen (GbdN) 13-3. * 113 pounds Quarterfinal results: Rossi (Lockport Twp.) d. Munoz (Zion-Benton) T-Fall 4:50; Gomez (Glenbard North) d. Lukanich (Marist) fft.; Yates (Brother Rice) d. Madrigal (Oak Park-River Forest) 8-5; Silva (Plainfield South) d. Piotrowski (Prairie Ridge) 9-4. Semifinal results: Rossi (Lkpt) d. Gomez (GbdN) 7-1; Silva (PfldS) d. Yates (BrR) 2-1. * 120 pounds Quarterfinal results: Williams (Thornwood) d. Mehrholz (Deerfield) 5-4; Cullen (Cary-Grove) d. Jaffe (Marmion Acad.) 3-1; Duda (Marist) d. Townsell (Oak Park-River Forest) 11-9; Polakowski (Libertyville) d. Kielbasa (St. Rita) 6-2. Semifinal results: Williams (Trnwd) d. Cullen (CG) 3-2; Polakowski (Lib) d. Duda (Mrst) 5-3. * 126 pounds Quarterfinal results: Jimenez (Marmion Acad.) d. Olson (Glenbard East) 10-6; Thurston (Wheaton North) d. McKenna (New Trier) 4-3; Oster (Lockport Twp.) d. Robertson (Sandburg) 5-1, Marmolejo (Glenbard North) d. Hanselman (Cary-Grove) 6-1. Semifinal results: Jimenez (MrmAc) p. Thurston (WhN) 3:28; Marmolejo (GbdN) d. Oster (Lkpt) 6-4. * 132 pounds Quarterfinal results: Cortez (Glenbard North) d. Tucker (Mt. Carmel) T-Fall 3:37; Alexander (Conant) p. Radcliffe (Lockport Twp) :47; Hamdan (Marist) d. Carlson (Lane) 6-2; Nelson (Lincoln-Way Central) d. Conrad (Barrington) 8-4. Semifinal results: Cortez (GbdN0 d. Alexander (Con) 5-2; Nelson (LWC) p. Hamdan (Mrst) 3:49. * 138 pounds Quarterfinal results: Levelle (Marist) d. Gil (Crystal Lake South) 4-2; Johnnic (Wheaton Warrenville South) d. DeLoach (Alton Sr.) 4-3; Davis (Waubonsie Valley) d. Zuunbayan (Wheeling) 6-0; White Jr. (Oak Park-River Forest) m.d. Aguirre (Oswego) 13-4. Semifinal results: Levelle (Mrst) d. Johnnic (WWS) 5-1; White Jr. (OPRF) d. Davis (WbV) 5-3. * 145 pounds Quarterfinal results: Silva (Hononegah) d. Edmond (Hinsdale Central) 9-6; Foster (Belleville West) d. Martin (Glenbard East) 1-0; Barone (Crystal Lake South) d. Pellegrino (Sandburg) 2-1 (OT UTB); Early III (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Maslow (Hinsdale South) 8-1. Semifinal results: Silva (Hon) d. Foster (BlvlW) 6-4; Early III (OPRF) d. Barone (CLS) 4-3 OT UTB. * 152 pounds Quarterfinal results: Brill (Mt. Carmel) m.d. Rowland (Willowbrook) 14-4; Gunther (Libertyville) d. Derain (St. Charles East) 3-2; Rundell (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Gasbarro (Marist) 6-3; Higgins (Belleville West) d. Carello (Marmion Acad.) 5-4. Semifinal results: Brill (MtC) m.d. Gunther (Lib) 16-4; Higgins (BlvlW) d. Rundell (OPRF) 6-5. * 160 pounds Quarterfinal results: Andreotti (Marist) p. Orlandi (Niles Notre Dame) :48; Parker (Warren) d. Brewster (Maine South) 6-2; Krasowski (Sandburg) d. Dietz (Lockport Twp) 3-1 (OT); Bey (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Benkovich (Hononegah) 9-6. Semifinal results: Parker (War) d. Andreotti (Mrst) 6-4 (OT); Bey (OPRF) m.d. Krasowski (Sndb) 14-2. * 170 pounds Quarterfinal results: Gorman Lincoln-Way Central) m.d. Harrington (Stevenson) 12-2; Dennis (Hononegah) d. Ferraro (Marmion Acad.) 4-2; MacCallum (Libertyville) d. Brucki (Sandburg) 6-1; Mahomes (Oak Park-River Forest) p. Worker (Mt. Carmel) 2:51. Semifinal results: Dennis (Hon) d. Gorman (LWC) 2-1; Mahoomes (OPRF) d. MacCallum (Lib) 11-5. * 182 pounds Quarterfinal results: Benoit (Marist) m.d. Koziol (Libertyville) 13-4; Brunner (Dundee-Crown) d. Mickens (Mt. Carmel) 5-4; Traxler (Marmion Aca.) d. Stallings IV (Oak Park-River Forest) 4-3; Emmerich (Deerfield) d. Throneberry (Edwardsville) 5-2. Semifinal results: Brunner (DC) d. Benoit (Mrst) 8-6 (OT TB); Emmerich (Dfld) d. Traxler (MrmAc)) 5-2. * 195 pounds Quarterfinal results: Johnson (Lockport Twp.) p. Stopka (Schaumburg) 5:33; Meyers (Marmion Acad.) d. Miller (Zion-Benton) 4-3; Lee (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Sterr (Plainfield Central) 9-4; Durbin (Lake Forest) m.d. Brancaleon (Naperville North) 11-3. Semifinal results: Johnson (Lkpt) d. Meyers (MrmAc.) 9-3; Durbin (LF) d. Lee (OPRF) 3-1 (OT). * 220 pounds Quarterfinal results: Hecox (Machesney Park Harlem) d. Warren (Marmion Acad.) 6-1; Daniello (Lake Park) m.d. McKeehan (Batavia) 14-5; Logan (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Kent (Edwardsville) 6-4; Hernandez (McHenry) m.d. Allen (Hinsdale Central 14-2. Semifinal results: Hecox (MPH) d. Daniello (LP) 9-8; Hernandez (McH) d. Logan (OPRF) 4-2 (OT). * 285 pounds Quarterfinal results: Allen (Hinsdale Central) p. Marshall (Dundee-Crown) :49; Allegretti (Lincoln-Way East) m.d. Carson (Addison Trail) 9-1; McDermand (Libertyville) d. Hobbs (Downers Grove South) 5-3 (OTTB); Jones (Moline) m.d. Johnson (Glenbard East) 9-1. Semifinal results: Allen (HC) d. Allegretti (LWE) 4-2; Jones (Mol) d. McDermand (Lib) 3-1. *
Conant’s Alexander excels but misses title shot Feb 22, 2014 12:58 AM
For a brief moment Friday night, Bobby Alexander sent shock waves through the State Farm Center, the kind the usual big wrestling state semifinals crowd hopes for each year. The Conant junior, who fought and defended with all his might during the opening moments against No. 1 Jared Cortez turned the tables on the nationally ranked Glenbard North star by putting him on his back. Much to the surprise and delight of many fans, who thought they might be seeing the end of a fourth straight state title pursuit for the Illinois-bound Cortez. But after that first-period jolt, Cortez got his footing back and eventually defeated Alexander (37-4), sending sent the Cougars’ standout into the consolation bracket. He still has a chance for a top-three medal, which would be his second in three seasons.
Down to a final day at state Feb 22, 2014 12:48 AM
They have been the mainstays for Glenbard North the last three years. But Jered Cortez is returning to a familiar perch for the final day of the individual wrestling season; Jon Marmolejo, on the other hand, is in uncharted territory to conclude his extraordinary time with the Panthers. Marmion is the common theme for the two seniors.
Marmion’s Jimenez one match from history Feb 21, 2014 11:44 PM
Jon Marmolejo has the ultimate chance at redemption on Saturday in the Class 3A 126-pound wrestling state-championship match. The Glenbard North senior has a chance to reverse his only defeat of the season, but Johnny Jimenez has his own agenda. The Marmion senior dispatched two DuPage Valley Conference members, Dayton Olson of Glenbard East and Dylan Thomas of Wheaton North, to advance to his fourth consecutive state finals appearance.
Wrestling scoreboard: Thursday’s results Feb 21, 2014 12:56 AM
Wrestling scoreboard State Individual meet At State Farm Arena, Champaign Class 3A quarterfinal pairings 106 Pounds Jason Renteria (Oak Park-River Forest) vs. Patrick Walker (Downers Grove North); Jimmy McAuliffe (Marist) vs. Mitch Stathakis (Barrington); Austin O’Connor (St. Rita) vs. Carlos Fuentez (Glenbard East); Kirk Johansen (Glenbard North) vs. Isaaac Jacquez (West Aurora). * 113 pounds Brian Rossi (Lockport Twp.) vs. Anthony Munoz (Zion-Benton); Austin Gomez (Glenbard North vs. Nick Lukanich (Marist); Alex Madrigal (Oak Park-River Forest) vs. Rudy Yates (Brother Rice); Miguel Silva (Plainfield South) vs. Travis Piotrowski (Prairie Ridge). * 120 pounds Kris Williams (Thornwood) vs. Andrew Mehrholz (Deerfield); Michael Cullen (Cary-Grove) vs. Al Jaffe (Marmion Acad.); Richard Townsell (Oak Park-River Forest) vs. Mark Duda (Marist), Cole Kielbasa (St. Rita) vs. Steve Polakowski (Libertyville). * 126 pounds Johnny Jimenez (Marmion Acad.) vs. Dayton Olson (Glenbard East); Dylan Thurston (Wheaton North) vs. Alec McKenna (New Trier); Shayne Oster (Lockport Twp.) vs. Christian Robertson (Sandburg); Logan Hanselman (Cary-Grove) vs. Joe Marmolejo (Glenbard North). * 132 pounds Jered Cortez (Glenbard North) vs. Jacob Tucker (Mt. Carmel); Dan Radcliffe (Lockport Twp.) vs. Bobby Alexander (Conant); Ameen Hamdan (Marist) vs. Danny Carlson (Lane); Matthew Conrad (Barrington) vs. Joel Nelson (Lincoln-Way Central); * 138 pounds Nick Gil (Crystal Lake South vs. Mario Levelle (Marist); Qarin Johnnic (Wheaton Warrenville South) vs. Phyllip DeLoach (Alton; Jimmy Davis (Waubonsie Valley) vs. Munkhtulga Zuunbayan (Wheeling); Nick Aguirre (Oswego) vs. Walter White (Oak Park-River Forest). * 145 pounds Juwan Edmond (Hinsdale Central) vs. Fernie Silva (Hononegah); Josh Martin (Glenbard East) vs. Nick Foster (Belleville West); Eric Barone (Crystal Lake South) vs. John Pellegrino (Sandburg); Juston Maslow (Hinsdale South) vs. Larry Early (Oak Park-River Forest). * 152 pounds Bryce Brill (Mt. Carmel) vs. Mat Rowland (Willowbrook); Keone Derain (St. Charles East) vs. Joe Gunther (Libertyville); Matthew Rundell (Oak Park-River Forest) vs. Nick Gasbarro (Marist); Trace Carello (Marmion Acad.) vs. Nick Higgins (Belleville West). * 160 pounds Peter Andreotti (Marist) vs. Marco Orlandi (Notre Dame); Tom Brewster (Maine South) vs. Emery Parker (Warren); Vince Dietz (Lockport Twp.) vs. Brian Krasowski (Sandburg); Zach Benkovich (Hononegah) vs. Kamal Bey (Oak Park-River Forest). * 170 pounds Bryce Gorman (Lincoln-Way Central) vs. Tyler Harrington (Stevenson); Tyler Demoss (Hononegah) vs. Nich Ferraro (Marmion Acad.); Kayne MacCallum (Libertyville) vs. Patrick Brunki (Sandburg); Dru Worker (Mt. Carmel) vs. Davonte Mahomes (Oak Park-River Forest). * 182 pounds Alex Benoit (Marist) vs. Austin Koziol (Libertyville); Christian Brunner (Dundee-Crown) vs. Jimmy Mickens (Mt. Carmel); Allen Stallings IV (Oak Park-River Forest) vs. Nathan Traxler (Marmion Acad.); CameronThroneberry (Edwardsville) vs. Colton Emmerich (Deerfield). * 195 pounds Tyler Johnson (Lockport Twp.) vs. Matt Stopka (Schaumburg); Mark Miller (Zion-Benton) vs. Josh Meyers (Marmion Acad.); Andre Lee (Oak Park-River Forest) vs. Dominic Sterr (Plainfield Central); Ben Brancaleon (Naperville North) vs. Regis Durgin (Lake Forest). * 220 pounds Sage Hecox (Machesney Park Harlem) vs. Lucas Warren (Marmion Acad.); Connor McKeehan (Batavia) vs. Nico Daniello (Lake Park); Matt Kent (Edwardsville) vs. Emonte Logan (Oak Park-River Forest); Jose Luis Hernandez (McHenry) vs. Matt Allen (Hinsdale Central). * 285 pounds Brian Allen (Hinsdale Central) vs. Jeremy Marshall (Dundee-Crown); Bobby Carson (Addison Trail) vs. Nick Allegretti (Lincoln-Way East); Chris McDermand (Libertyville) vs. Michael Hobbs (Downers Grove South); Adarios Jones (Moline) vs. D’Ande Johnson (Glenbard East). *
Five MSL wrestlers stake their claim in quarterfinals Feb 20, 2014 11:23 PM
As the final whistles were blown across the big floor of State Farm Arena to signal the end of the first day of competition at the wrestling state tournament Thursday, the state of play follows: Five Mid-Suburban League competitors have a foothold in the championship bracket after advancing into Friday’s quarterfinals. Barrington’s Mitch Stathakis (106 pounds, 33-3) and Matt Conrad (132, 32-11) advanced with first-round victories, as did Wheeling’s Tulga Zuunbayan (40-8), after a stunning OT win. Champaign veteran Matt Stopka (Schaumburg) and three-time qualifier, Bobby Alexander (Conant), whose travel plans here were almost cancelled, join their teammates from the MSL for Friday’s 1:30 p.m. quarterfinals and a chance at the 7 p.m. semifinals, which would guarantee a state medal later.
FVC wrestlers have stellar day at state Feb 20, 2014 10:35 PM
The Fox Valley Conference championship machine was at it again Thursday night. The magnificent six — Michael Cullen, Logan Hanselman, Nick Gil, Eric Barone, Christian Brunner, and Jeremy Marshall — who just three weeks ago reigned supreme at the conference tourney, all were purring during the first day of the Class 3A state tournament on the big floor of State Farm Arena ion Champaign. This group is still all alive in the championship bracket when today’s late morning quarterfinals take place, with an eye on tonight’s semifinals.
Lake County’s best meet first-round tests downstate Feb 20, 2014 10:11 PM
Lake County’s elite competitors outclassed their foes competition Thursday night as the state wrestling tournament got started at State Farm Arena on the University of Illinois campus. Jordan Reich (Vernon Hills, 120, 39-4), Nate Magiera (Wauconda, 220, 45-1) and Libertyville’s Steve Polakowski (120, 40-1) and Kayne MacCullum (170, 40-1) each trumped their opponents, sending all four into Friday’s quarterfinals. The road will only get tougher for this quartet and the others competing in the championship bracket.
Wheaton Academy bringing football back to campus Feb 20, 2014 8:47 PM
With apologies to the Dos Equis guy, Batavia's Connor McKeehan may be the most interesting man in the world.
Scouting state wrestling / Fox Valley Feb 19, 2014 9:39 PM
Here's a look at the wrestling state tourament from the perspective of nothern Fox Valley schools.
Scouting state wrestling / Northwest Feb 19, 2014 8:53 PM
Here's a look at the wrestling state tournament, from the perspective of teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator and Maine West.
- Lindenhurst man killed in crash
- Naperville restaurant offers free Thanksgiving meal to those in need
- Tip, 'thank you' note lead to North Aurora ecstasy arrest
- George W. Bush coming to Naperville for book signing
- Driver critically injured after crashing into Streamwood home
- Contested election for Buffalo Grove president likely
- Mundelein man gets 24 years for causing fatal 2012 crash
- Gobble Games return to Bartlett
- St. Charles D303 finalizing breakup with Norris Cultural Arts Center
- Kane plans 'No Refusal' DUI patrol on Black Wednesday
- 12-year-old suburban girl missing
- Missing Hoffman Estates girl found in Mount Prospect
- More than 30 horses killed in barn fire
- Suburbs see slight snow accumulation
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Mount Prospect denies officer's discrimination complaint
- Wheaton pedestrian struck, killed on Roosevelt Road
- Matt Czuchry previews his biggest 'Good Wife' episode
- Bloomingdale teen gets probation for robbery spree
- Prosecutor: 'The defendant hunted the victim down'
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Naperville restaurant offers free Thanksgiving meal to those in need
- Elgin mayor, council push for Pedote's resignation
- Lindenhurst man killed in crash
- Elgin objects to minimum manning for firefighters
- A musical pairing of cars and guitars
- 18 years for Chicago man who pointed gun at Bensenville police
- Obama takes on Chicago hecklers over immigration policy
- House intelligence panel debunks many Benghazi theories
- Driver critically injured after crashing into Streamwood home
- RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389983) INJECTION MOLD TOOL MAKER - INJECTION MOLD TOOL MAKER Experienced tool maker want-ed to repair existing molds and perform PM tasks. Knowledge of new mold designs is a plus. Located in Addison; wage negotiable. Please send resumes to email@example.com (id:4391553) CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers LOCAL CDL A DRIVERS Local City Runs That Make Money ! -Home Every Day & Weekends! -Comprehensive Benefits w/401K Match! -Strong, Stable and Friendly Company! $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus!!! Bonus to the first 10 Drivers hired before December 15th, 2014. Chicagoland Pick Up & Delivery! Class A CDL with 1 yr. experience req. The Custom Companies Inc. 317 W Lake Street Northlake, IL 60164 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4391848)
- CONSTRUCTION - Construction PLOTE CONSTRUCTION -Construction Materials Sales Director needed for road builder in NW suburbs. See our website at www.plote.com for opportunity. Send resume to email@example.com EOE/M/F/D/V (id:4391922) LABORER - Labor General en Perma-Seal con buenos salarios y beneficios Necesita licencia de conducir vlida y hablar ingls. Contacte firstname.lastname@example.org o llame 630-241-8884 (id:4391307) OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER - Real Estate OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER Round Lake Beach 5 to 10 years of similar or related experience. Equivalent to a four-year college degree or completion of a course of study at a business or trade school. Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending. To consult with members and non-members to find the best solutions to their mort-gage lending needs. Take applications for residential real estate loans. Evaluate the information for qualifying the applicant for the loan amount and program they are requesting. Participates in developing outside/external sources for real estate lending opportunities and expanding the Credit Union's membership base. 100% Commission Based. Resume to Fax: 847-265-5080; e-mail: email@example.com No calls please. EOE (id:4391813)
- TRADING SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - Computer -Algorithmic Trading Software Developer-Chicago, IL. Stat arbitrage & mkt making in U.S. equities & commodities futures mkts. Engage in quantitative research to uncover signals which consistently predict price movements. Utilize linear & non-linear models, Bayseian estimation techniques, time series analysis, numerical optimization, & portfolio construction using mean-variance optimization. Dvlp strategies & back test using Monte Carlo & Cross Validation. Dvlp code in C++, Java, & R. Reqts: Master's or equiv in Eng'g, CS, Technology, or rel. field, & 3 yrs work exp in position offered or rel., incl 3 yrs exp w/: Stat Arbitrage strategies in U.S. equities; Automated Mkt Making w/ U.S. equities; Quantitative research geared towards dvlpg mkt making & Stat Arbitrage; & Quantitative research using R, KDB & Java. Pls send resume to Summit Securities Group, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4391308) HOTEL-MOTEL - Hotel-Red Roof Inn -Northbrook-Deerfield is seeking FT and PT Front Desk Help. Must have strong customer service skills, we'll train. Apply at 340 S Waukegan Rd. Deerfield-Northbrook, IL 60015. Call (847)205-1755 or send resume to email@example.com (id:4390967) QUALITY ENGINEER?MANAGER - QUALITY (All Shifts) -Engineer/Manager -Inspectors/First Article Techs High precision inj. molding Elgin, Health & 401k. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4391864)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.