Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Woodstock
MCC offers information on college financial aid Oct 20, 2014 11:11 AM
Figuring how to pay for college can be a scary thought that may leave some students hesitant to even apply for college. To ease students’ fears about getting money for college or to get their questions answered, the McHenry County College Financial Aid Department has launched free Financial Aid 101 information sessions at area high schools.
Crystal Lake teen killed in Lakewood crash Oct 19, 2014 3:36 PM
The woman killed Saturday in a fiery rollover crash in Lakewood has been identified as 19-year-old Jacquelyn Paulson of Crystal Lake. McHenry County Coroner Anne Majewski announced Sunday morning that an autopsy is scheduled for Monday to determine the cause and manner of Paulson’s death.
New MS support group starting in Huntley Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
Family Alliance Inc. recently announced that it is hosting a new Huntley Multiple Sclerosis Foundation Support Group. The meetings will take place at 2 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month at the new Family Alliance Comprehensive Care Center in Huntley.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
Family Alliance Inc. hosts its annual “Haunted Square” Oct 16, 2014 6:52 PM
Family Alliance Inc. hosts its annual “Haunted Square” from 7 to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, through Oct. 31. On Saturday, Oct. 25, the Zombie Pub Crawl will continue until midnight. On Friday, Oct. 31, they will offer a “Haunt-or-Treat After Dark.”
Residents rip appeal of Crystal Lake bleacher plan to high court Oct 16, 2014 6:17 AM
Residents fire back after Crystal Lake School District 155 officials say they are going to appeal to the Illinois Supreme Court a ruling that the district broke the law by building a $1.2 million set of bleachers at Crystal Lake South High School without city permission. “It’s time for them to grow up and accept the consequences of their actions," one of the homeowners said.
Sign up to get your flu shot in McHenry Oct 16, 2014 12:48 PM
McHenry County Department of Health joins the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in encouraging an annual flu shot for everyone, age 6 months and older, as first and most important step in protecting against this serious illness. The next clinics will be Tuesday, Oct. 21, and Wednesday, Oct. 22.
Have your children screened for lead poisoning Oct 16, 2014 12:49 PM
To increase awareness of childhood lead poisoning prevention, McHenry County Department of Health is participating in National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week, Oct. 19-25.
Join Defenders Saturday in creek cleanup Oct 15, 2014 5:49 PM
On Saturday, Oct. 18, join in cleanup of a branch of Sleepy Hollow Creek and removing invasive species along it as part of the national Make A Difference Day event. This stream cleanup and restoration workday will be jointly sponsored by the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County and the Silver and Sleepy Hollow Creeks Watershed Coalition. The project goal will be to improve the water quality in Sleepy Hollow Creek by removing trash from the stream and invasive species from the surrounding area.
Forgotten Chicagoans rediscovered; 8,000 names identified in Chicago cemetery records Oct 15, 2014 6:22 PM
The names of more than 8,000 people who may have died penniless or without family in the long forgotten Cook County Cemetery have been rediscovered and are now available free to the public. The Cook County Cemetery was located at what is now the intersection of Irving Park Road and Narragansett Avenue on Chicago’s Northwest Side between 1861-1922.
Man charged with twice robbing Crystal Lake 7-Eleven Oct 15, 2014 4:42 PM
A 41-year-old man was arrested and charged Tuesday night with twice robbing a Crystal Lake 7-Eleven within walking distance of his apartment. Jeffrey D. Gibson is accused of reaching into the cash register and stealing money Tuesday morning and Sept. 28, police said.
“Run, Walk & Roll” Oct. 26 to benefit Marklund Oct 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Get ready to "Run, Walk & Roll" for Marklund! Registration is still being accepted for Marklund’s second annual 5K/1 mile event which is set for Sunday, Oct. 26 in Geneva. “Last year, nearly 600 people participated in our inaugural event and helped us net $30,000 for programs and services for our clients so we're looking forward to growing that number this year!,” said Stephanie Heinz, Development Coordinator at Marklund.
Modern Day “Amelia Earhart” to Visit PM Prime in Highwood Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM
PM Prime in Highwood will be open this Sunday, October 12 to accommodate special guest Amelia Earhart, who recently completed an around-the-world flight in honor of her namesake’s 1937 attempt. Amelia Rose Earhart is the youngest female to circumnavigate the globe in a single-engine airplane, completing her mission on July 11, 2014. Dinner reservations at the aviation themed steakhouse will be accepted between 5 and 7 p.m. on that evening. Diners will have an opportunity to meet the inspiring aviatrix. Guests will be accommodated by reservation only. Seating is very limited. Steve Platcow of Lake Forest opened the PM Prime in July of this year. Executive Chef Dominic Zumpano has been dazzling area restaurant critics with his innovative interpretations on classic steakhouse fare. Robert B. Bansberg, award-winning sommelier and wine educator, shares his wealth of knowledge and expertise as the restaurant’s General Manager/Sommelier. PM Prime’s dining room boasts an unprecedented collection of 200 black and white photographs that celebrate excellence in aviation. The restaurant presents a rare opportunity to see a truly amazing collection of vintage images that honor the pioneers of flight - all under one roof. From the Wright Brothers, to Amelia Earhart, the Tuskegee Airmen and Jimmy Doolittle - the collection showcases the fearless and the brave. The heroes represented in the photographs pushed the boundaries of what was possible and demonstrated the power of the human spirit. These stunning historic images motivate the team at PM Prime to strive for excellence and the ultimate goal is encourage the patrons to pursue excellence in their lives as well. This engaging display will leave guests feeling nothing less than inspired. PM Prime’s menu includes popular steakhouse favorites such as the filet mignon and New York strip, but it also has some more unusual cuts such as the wagyu hanger steak. PM Prime features the highest quality cuts of prime beef available. Diners will find interesting selections such as osso buco with saffron risotto or Halibut with spaetzle and roasted beets. PM Prime is located at 310 Green Bay Road, Highwood. Call 847-433-0600 or visit www.pmprimesteak.com for more information.
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
Soloist Athena to perform Oct. 11 at the Listening Room Oct 10, 2014 5:03 PM
On Saturday, Oct. 11, the Listening Room is proud to present up-and-coming solo artist Athena at 8 p.m. Her debut album strings together an authentic county soulfulness with a southern rock and Americana influence. It visits heartache, divorce, time lost, the road to sobriety, and ultimately, finding love for one’s authentic self.
McHenry leader cites ‘poor judgment’ in DUI, will enter rehab Oct 10, 2014 11:59 PM
McHenry County Board Chairwoman Tina Hill said she will enter a 30-day inpatient treatment faciliy for alcoholism after her drunken driving arrest at 1:45 a.m. Friday morning in Woodstock. The Woodstock Republican said she had some wine at home and went out to buy asprin when she was pulled over. "It was poor judgment," said Hill, who plans to return to her post after a medical leave of absence and will not resign.
Church youth make school kits for charity Oct 9, 2014 10:13 PM
The youth at the Congregational Church of Algonquin recently made bags for Church World Service. In August, the church received word that Church World Service was in desperate need of school kits.
Reserve your ticket for prayer breakfast Oct 9, 2014 10:16 PM
Magnificat Prayer Breakfast will take place from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at Church of the Holy Apostles, 5211 W. Bull Valley Road, McHenry. Seating begins at 8:30 a.m.
- No more excuses
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- McGraw: Bulls, Cavs should be a good rivalry this season
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Boeing sees rocket blast hastening end to Russia-engine reliance
- Tribune confirms suburban acquistion, no changes now
- Lake County to announce street gang arrests today
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- Fairfield's in the future for Schaumburg's Akinola
- Washington ends Cowboys' 6-game winning streak
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Aerosmith's Joe Perry visits Arlington Hts. guitar shop
- PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388037) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: email@example.com (id:4389842)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.