Activate Your Free
Articles filed under WNBA
Chicago Sky brings Hoops for Health program to Hawthorn Woods schoolApr 15, 2014 12:00 AM
Team members of the Chicago Sky WNBA team brought their Hoops for Health program to St. Matthew School in Hawthorn Woods on Tuesday. Students particpated in exercises, relays and learned about healthy eating.
No easy offseason for Sky’s Delle Donne Feb 7, 2014 12:00 AM
Elena Delle Donne is extremely busy despite the fact that she's not playing overseas during the WNBA off-season.
DePaul to host Big East tournament in March Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Conference tournament time will be here soon, and Chicago is playing host to the Big East women's tournament.
Can WNBA survive without L.A. Sparks? Jan 10, 2014 12:00 AM
It's jarring that the Los Angeles Sparks of the WNBA closed its doors last week, but past history says that might not spell doom for the league, as Patricia Babcock McGraw explains in today's Women's Watch column.
For women’s sports, 2013 loaded with great storiesDec 27, 2013 12:00 AM
Patricia Babcock McGraw reviews the top women's sports stories of 2013, touching on international soccer, the LPGA, the WNBA, college volleyball, pro tennis and college basketbal.
Atlanta Dream picks Cooper as new coach Nov 21, 2013 12:00 AM
The Atlanta Dream named former NBA star Michael Cooper as its new head coach on Thursday, hoping he can lead the team to a WNBA championship after three winless trips to the finals.
To get to finals, Sky roster needs help Oct 11, 2013 12:00 AM
It would be great if the Chicago Sky could add forward Maya Moore, the MVP of the WNBA Finals, for 2014. But since that probably won't happen, the Sky must be smart with free agency in the off-season. Because some tweaks are needed if the Sky expects to advance past the first round of the playoffs next year.
Moore, Brunson lead Lynx to WNBA title sweep Oct 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Maya Moore scored 23 points, Rebekkah Brunson had 15 points and 12 rebounds and the Minnesota Lynx beat the Atlanta Dream 86-77 on Thursday night to win their second WNBA title in three years.
Some free advice to WNBA on bizarro scheduling Oct 4, 2013 12:00 AM
Only in a fantasy world would the WNBA want to put its marquee event, the WNBA Finals, up against NFL football. And yet, that's exactly what is happening on Sunday when the Minnesota Lynx hosts the Atlanta Dream in Game 1 (7:30 p.m., ESPN). The WNBA needs to re-evaluate the way it schedules its season.
Lack of playoff experience may have been Sky’s undoingSep 27, 2013 12:00 AM
The Chicago Sky's lack of playoff experience made for a quick postseason exit. What else, who else, is there to blame? Patricia Babcock McGraw looks back at what went wrong after a terrific regular season.
Sky eliminated from playoffs Sep 22, 2013 12:00 AM
The Soapbox Sep 21, 2013 12:00 AM
Daily Herald editors offer thoughts on suburban topics from a memorable sports season to a lifesaving police officer.
Can Sky rebound against Fever?Sep 21, 2013 12:00 AM
The Chicago Sky is facing elimination from the playoffs Sunday in Indianapolis against the defending champion Indiana Fever. Watch the game live at 2 p.m. on ESPN2. Patricia Babcock McGraw has more in her scouting report.
Sky can’t run with FeverSep 20, 2013 12:00 AM
The Indiana Fever still has the Sky's number: Fever get 85-72 win over Sky at Allstate Arena in Game 1 of Eastern Conference semis.
Sky fall to Fever in playoff opener, 85-72 Sep 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Shavonte Zellous scored 20 points to lead the defending-champion Indiana Fever in an 85-72 victory over the Sky in the opener of their Eastern Conference semifinal series Friday night. Briann January and Karima Christmas had 16 points each, Erlana Larkins added 12 points and 11 rebounds, and Tamika Catchings scored 11 points for the Fever. Elena Delle Donne scored 20 points to lead Chicago after receiving the league's Rookie of the Year award before the game. Epiphanny Prince had 19 points
Sky’s Delle Donne named WNBA’s Rookie of Year Sep 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Sky forward Elena Delle Donne got all 39 first-place votes to easily win the WNBA’s rookie of the year award Friday. The second overall draft pick and part of a heralded class of first-year players, Delle Donne was presented with the trophy by WNBA president Laurel J. Richie before the Sky’s playoff opener against the Indiana Fever.
Sky looks to solve Fever in first round Sep 19, 2013 12:00 AM
For the Chicago Sky: How to solve the problem that is the Indiana Fever.
Source: Naperville’s Parker wins WNBA MVP Sep 19, 2013 12:00 AM
Los Angeles Sparks forward Candace Parker has won the WNBA MVP, said a person familiar with the situation. Parker, a star player at Naperville Central and the University of Tennessee, will receive the award Thursday night in Los Angeles before the Sparks play the Phoenix Mercury in the opener of their Western Conference playoff series, the person said. The 27-year-old Parker edged out Minnesota’s Maya Moore and Chicago rookie sensation Elena Delle Donne in one of the closest ballots in league history, the person told the AP. Parker finished with 234 points, Moore had 218 and Delle Donne 189. It’s the closest the top two players have been in the voting since Sheryl Swoopes edged Lauren Jackson by two points in 2005.
Sky's winning ways rather intriguingSep 18, 2013 12:00 AM
The Chicago Sky, which will play its first WNBA playoff game in franchise history on Friday night in Allstate Arena, became an appealing sports story this summer. Yes, even for someone who previously never found women's basketball particularly appealing.
Sky-Fever matchup leads WNBA playoff storylinesSep 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Elena Delle Donne has already led Chicago to its first postseason berth in franchise history. Now the 6-foot-5 budding young star will try and help the Eastern Conference’s top team keep the run going in the playoffs. Delle Donne, the overwhelming favorite to win rookie of the year, said she and her teammates are looking forward to the challenge.
- Fire damages downtown Naperville restaurant
- Big trade brings Cubs closer to winning
- McCarthy and Falcone are goofballs in matrimony
- NBA waiting on decisions by James, Anthony
- Woman crashes SUV into Buffalo Grove store
- With trade, Cubs' Epstein sees light at end of tunnel
- Al Salvi remembers run-in with IRS's Lois Lerner
- Horses, goat die in barn fire near Wauconda
- Car hits house in Elk Grove Village
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- The top six fireworks shows in the suburbs
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Where the Wheaton College ruling could lead
- 'Fantastic horseman' Bruce Duchossois dies at 64
- Local clergy hand out condoms at Aurora Hobby Lobby store
- Sources: Cubs trade Samardzija, Hammel to Oakland
- When, where to see fireworks in the suburbs
- Ryan: 'Americans should come to their senses'
- Three injured in Fox River watercraft accident
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service -Naperville co. has openings for CSRs. 2nd shift & wkends. 2 yrs + exp, great phone skills. Great pay and benefits. Email resume to: CSM@chicago.augeomarketing.com (id:4378415) OFFICE - Office Position Available 10 Flexible Hrs Per Week. Looking for reliable candidate that is detail oriented & accurate for order processing & office duties. Light computer skills a plus. Apply in person 10:00 am -3:00 pm Mon thru Fri@Crosave 5240 Thatcher Road Downers Grove IL 60515 (id:4378552) CHAUFFEURS - Hiring NOW! -Excellent Benefits, FT and PT shifts. Many openings and no down time. Safety bonus incentive programs. Meet us at the Chicago Courtyard O'Hare! 2950 S. River Rd. Des Plaines IL 60018. 6-18-2014 9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Company Paid Training and Uniforms. Meet w-the team to learn about this exciting opportunity and benefits! All chauffeurs receive 12 vacation days! Call or email Amy today! 617-545-6336 email@example.com (id:4376705)
- CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers Local City Drivers Home Daily! Competitive Compensation! Excellent benefits! Class A CDL, 2 yrs experience req. Knowledge of Chicago 6 County area (Interstate system/Truck Routes). The Custom Companies Inc., 317 W. Lake Street, Northlake, IL 60164. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4378621) CARGO RAMP PASSENGER WAREHOUSE - Come start your career. Join the Total Airport Services Team today at O'Hare Airport. Visit us at www.tasinc.aero or call 773.686.0100 (id:4377951) DENTAL RECEPTIONIST - Dental Assistant / Receptionist: Busy South Barrington general dental practice looking for quality people to fill assistant / front desk positions. Positions are P/T with the possibility of F/T. Looking for someone friendly, motivated, flexible, with at least one year's experience. Positive attitude, compassionate personality, and excellent communication skills are important. email@example.com (id:4377381)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.