Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Winfield
Live Blogging at College of DuPage Board of Trustees Meeting December 18, 2014 Dec 15, 2014 5:39 PM
Volunteers from the College of DuPage Faculty Association (CODFA) will live-blog the College of DuPage Board of Trustees Meeting on Thursday evening, December 18, beginning at 7pm in Student Services Center room 2200. CODFA bloggers cover Board of Trustees meetings in order to keep their own members informed of Board activities and decisions, as well as to share information with the larger community served by the College of DuPage. Citizens unable to attend the board meeting can read the blog at this link: http://codfaculty.org/blogs/bot/. The board packet can be downloaded from the college website starting 48 hours before the meeting. See http://www.cod.edu/about/board_of_trustees/. Among the possible items of interest to be discussed at this board meeting are the questions about President Breuder’s contract raised by the Edgar County Watchdogs, spending at The Waterleaf (COD’s French restaurant) by the administration, and the reported increase enrollment numbers at COD. Previous meetings have seen an escalation of conflict among the trustees themselves, as well as between trustees and citizens, over President Breuder’s conduct during his tenure at the college.
Honor Flight a high point for female WWII veteran Dec 12, 2014 9:42 AM
By 1945, at the end of WWII, less than three percent of American military personnel were women. Barbara “Bobbie” Merritt was one of them. A resident of Sedgebrook, a senior living community in Lincolnshire, Bobbie achieved the rank of Chief Petty Officer inthe Navy WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service), serving in Arlington, Virginia.
Taxpayers subsidized dining at COD Dec 12, 2014 5:36 PM
A Winfield letter to the editor: It has been revealed recently that the members of the College of DuPage Board dine together, at taxpayer expense at the subsidized restaurant owed by COD, immediately before every meeting. No one believes that they do not discuss the upcoming public business there.
Stick to simple healthy hints to stay on track this holiday season Dec 5, 2014 10:52 PM
Americans gain one to two pounds between the Thanksgiving feast and the New Year countdown. Some do not lose those extra pounds and add weight cumulatively every year. Simple, smart selections this holiday season can help avoid this annual obstacle and set up a positive start to 2015. “The best strategy for the holidays is to aim for weight maintenance,” said Laura Barr, Nutrition and Wellness Educator with University of Illinois Extension.
Winfield residents yearn for civility Dec 5, 2014 9:20 AM
A Winfield letter to the editor: The challenge for Winfield today is not one of a void of candidates; rather the challenge confronting our village is the too-often toxic political environment that plagues our community.
Come see what’s new at the Tivoli Bowl Dec 4, 2014 6:39 PM
Check out the newly renovated Tivoli Bowl and make it your destination for holiday parties, fundraisers as well as an afternoon or evening of bowling.
Bethany Lutheran hosts Julotta service Dec 3, 2014 8:09 PM
On Christmas morning, join Bethany Lutheran Church, 8 S. Lincoln in Batavia, for an authentic Swedish worship at 9 a.m. Dec. 25. Visiting pastor Magnus Hillbo, a native Swede and trained opera singer, will deliver the sermon in English. The readings and hymns will be in Swedish. A Swedish breakfast will be served at 8 a.m.
College of DuPage new student orientation Jan. 13 Dec 2, 2014 3:20 PM
College of DuPage will welcome new students during two orientation sessions on Tuesday, Jan. 13, in the Health and Science Center, Room 1234, on the College’s main campus, 425 Fawell Blvd., in Glen Ellyn.
Christmas program to serve local families in need Dec 2, 2014 5:44 PM
In the coming weeks, the Humanitarian Service Project of DuPage County will serve 350 underprivileged, local families with nutritious groceries as well as provide Christmas gifts to needy children and senior citizens through its annual Christmas Offering program. The nonprofit is calling for donations of new toys and nonperishable food to ensure the success of this program.
COD president to receive 2014 CASE Region V Chief Executive Leadership Award Dec 2, 2014 6:02 PM
College of DuPage President Dr. Robert L. Breuder will receive the 2014 CASE Region V Chief Executive Leadership Award on Dec. 16 at the annual CASE V conference in Chicago.
Free forum on fracking Dec. 7 at DuPage UU Church Dec 1, 2014 5:53 PM
Fracking will be the topic of a forum at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, at DuPage Unitarian Universalist Church in Naperville. The forum, part of the church’s popular Science Sunday series, will clarify the basic facts and techniques used in the fracking industry, including myths and misconceptions about the process. The speaker will be Mike Winter, a member of DuPage Unitarian Universalist Church and chair of the Science Sunday series.
Charlestowne 18 presents holiday screening of “Elf” Dec 1, 2014 5:16 PM
Celebrate the holiday season at the Charlestowne 18 Theatre with a free screening of the hilarious and heartwarming film, “Elf,” featuring Will Ferrell.
Fox Lake Theatre Presents Free Screening of “The Polar Express” Dec 2, 2014 4:07 PM
Celebrate the holiday season at the Fox Lake Theatre with a FREE screening of “The Polar Express.” This special show is slated for Saturday, December 13, 2014, at 10 AM at the Fox Lake Theatre, located at 115 Town Centre Lane in Fox Lake. The film is sponsored by the Lions Club. Santa will be on hand to greet children before the film.
Santa Hustle Chicago 5K to benefit ACS, Toys for Tots Foundation Dec 2, 2014 6:16 PM
The Santa Hustle Chicago 5K is comin’ to town this weekend-don’t miss out on all the jolly fun! Picture thousands taking to the streets and pathways of Chicago’s beautiful lakefront, outfitted in Santa hats and beards as holiday cheer overtakes the windy city!
College of DuPage new student orientation Jan. 13 Dec 2, 2014 6:19 PM
College of DuPage will welcome new students during two orientation sessions on Tuesday, Jan. 13. “This comprehensive program introduces our students to the College, its programs and the tremendous number of assistance and services we have in place to ensure their success while attending College of DuPage,” said COD Board Chairman Erin Birt.
DuPage charities looking for #GivingTuesday donations Dec 1, 2014 1:00 PM
Just more than two years ago, Giving Tuesday was merely an idea: What if there were a Black Friday for charitable giving? Two years ago today, the idea became a grass-roots social media movement with donors talking about their charities and gifts on Twitter and the like, all under the hashtag #givingtuesday. Now in its third year, Giving Tuesday already enjoys hearty public support and organizations throughout DuPage County would be grateful for your donations.
New Bartlett Arts Center to hold ribbon cutting Nov 28, 2014 6:36 PM
New Bartlett Arts Center to hold Ribbon Cutting on Dec. 9.
Glen Ellyn business owner chosen to fill DuPage vacancy Nov 26, 2014 12:15 PM
A Glen Ellyn business owner has been tapped to replace the late Jerry “JR” McBride on the DuPage County Board. Board Chairman Dan Cronin said Wednesday that Karyn M. Romano is his choice to fill the District 4 board seat that’s been vacant since McBride’s death on Oct. 24. The full board is scheduled to vote Dec. 9 on Romano’s appointment. “I’m thrilled and delighted that a person of her caliber, talent and work experience wants to serve,” Cronin said of Romano.
Extension offers tips on choosing perfect Christmas tree Nov 25, 2014 9:46 PM
Selecting the perfect Christmas tree this holiday season is simply a matter of following a few steps. “When I was growing up, we would often cut down a Christmas tree growing on my grandparents’ farm,” said Ron Wolford, a University of Illinois Extension horticulture educator. “Today you can purchase trees from garden centers, pop-up lots, big box stores, and Christmas tree farms. The following tips can help you select a fresh tree for your home and keep it looking its best throughout the holiday season.”
Murray Commercial leases over 25,000 sf. retail, office space in 3rd quarter Nov 24, 2014 6:50 PM
Murray Commercial is making progress in 2014 with local multiple tenancy office and retail space in Kane County. Among the notable occupants is ALE Solutions, a disaster recovery company that resides in a 5,500-square-foot unit in Dunham Center on the east side of St. Charles.
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to sister's fatal stabbing
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Elgin man dies of injuries from morning crash
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. murder
- Chamber executive Henning advocate for business, Aurora
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Changes at animal control facility raising some concerns
- Park Ridge man designs a career on sets
- Police still seek man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Petition addresses Rt. 20 safety after boy's death
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- Mexican restaurant opening in Randhurst Village
- Tax net worth of wealthy freeloaders
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- U-46 candidate apologizes for offensive Facebook post
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Mundelein candidate slams branding project
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service OUTBOUND CALL CENTER REP Electronic Merchant Systems is looking for energetic people to set appointments. If you have telemarketing or custom- er service experience, as well as a clear phone voice and reliable work history and are available full time. $10. p/hr + commission to start. Call to apply: 847-261-9850 (id:4396565) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR - PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR Village of Glencoe seeks Supv. in PW Dept. Reports to Gen. Supt., provides support to all divisions. Req. related exp. in streets, sewers, water, for-estry, fleet; Class B CDL; Class C-D IEPA wtr. oper. cert. desirable. Start Sal. $66,731. Cvr. ltr., resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr.'s Office by 4 pm, Feb 27, 2015. Appls. avail. at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396443)
- ASSEMBLERS - Assemblers RWMIC, an EEO Employer located in Vernon Hills seek- ing Assemblers for very sml medical instr. Previous exp. w/micrometers, calipers & bprints a must. HS Diploma req'd. Pay & benefits competitive. Apply to: email@example.com (id:4396354) LANDSCAPE LABOR - Landscape Laborer (temp 4/1-11/30/15) 10 openings w/ Paul Fritz Landscape Con-tractors, St. Charles, IL Emplr provides trans from office to/from jobs in Kane & DuPage co's to lay sod/seed; grade; mow, trim, plant, water; fertilize, dig, rake, prune; pull/chop weeds; install segmental units; use tools;lift/ carry up to 50lbs; sprvsd work; no exp/educ; 40hpw; 7:30a-5:30p M-F; Sat work;$12.72/ hr; $19.08/OT; raise/bonus; arranged shared rental housing. Fax resume to 8474640403 (id:4396491) LINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN - Airline-Line Service Technician. Responsibilities; providing Aircraft ground handling. FT & PT. Call 847-537-1200 for info. Apply at www.signatureflight.com EEO M/F/D/V (id:4396380)
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628) ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLERS - Electronic Assemblers Sun-Thur 11pm-7:30am Ability to work with small parts. Posses manual dexterity Ability to effectively write and read English Goodwill TalentBridge 1475 S. Wheeling Road Wheeling, IL 60090 Applications: M-F 10am-3pm (id:4396408) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.