Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Waukegan
Exemptions for veterans: Jan 12, 2015 6:25 PM
Lake County veterans are being reminded they may be eligible for various exemptions on their property tax bills.
Jan. 16 to Feb. 22: 2015 Members Exhibit at CLC Jan 14, 2015 10:00 AM
A Members Exhibition, featuring a diverse collection of art works by more than 20 artist members of the Robert T. Wright Community Gallery of Art, will open at the College of Lake County on Friday, Jan. 16 and run through Feb. 22.
Jan. 13: Connect to your career at a free open house event at CLC Jan 14, 2015 9:59 AM
Attend the Connect to Your Career Open House at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 13 in Room T326 at the College of Lake County Grayslake campus to learn about seven non-credit career-enhancing programs being offered during spring semester.
Free college financial aid/FAFSA completion events offered Jan 14, 2015 10:00 AM
College applicants and their parents can get assistance to complete and submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at sessions across Lake County from Jan. 10 through early March.
Waukegan library to expand its learning spaces Jan 8, 2015 12:25 PM
Starting in January, the Waukegan Public Library will undergo a major transformation of its main floor to accommodate the changing and growing needs of the community.
University Center of Lake County adds a new member, programs Jan 12, 2015 9:31 AM
The University Center of Lake County entered the new year with an additional member institution and four new programs, after action taken by the University Center’s Governing Board.
Suburban Law Enforcement Academy Graduates Class of 52 Recruits Jan 7, 2015 5:44 PM
The Suburban Law Enforcement Academy at College of DuPage recently graduated 52 recruits representing 39 police agencies in Northern Illinois. The ceremony honored the recruits for completing 12 weeks – 480 hours – of basic law enforcement officer training which began this past fall. Six special awards were presented to the recruits. Deputy Sheriff Justin Hill of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office was presented the Firearms Proficiency Award and the George Graves Award for being selected as the most distinguished recruit by his fellow officers in the class. Officer Gerard Gannon of the Round Lake Beach Police Department earned the Academic Achievement Award. Officer Brett Darst of the Northlake Police Department won the Best Overall Physical Fitness Award. Officer Jamie Goschey of the Batavia Police Department received the Most Improved Physical Fitness Award. Officer Andrew Switalski of the Evergreen Park Police Department earned the Leadership Award. All award winners received plaques with their names engraved. The graduating recruits are as follows: Eric Babczak, Willowbrook Police Department Chase Bending, Glenview Police Department Timothy Breslin, Streamwood Police Department Ryan Butcher, Arlington Heights Police Department Michael Dailly, Elk Grove Village Police Department Brett Darst, Northlake Police Department Melissa Douglas, Harper College Police Department James Etchingham, Palatine Police Department James Friel, Northbrook Police Department Seth Frontone, Deerfield Police Department Gerard Gannon, Round Lake Beach Police Department Antonio Garcia, Hoffman Estates Police Department Jamie Goschey, Batavia Police Department Ryan Grahn, Oak Forest Police Department Alexander Guevara, Evergreen Park Police Department Steven Guther, Elk Grove Village Police Department Fredrick Hailer, Carpentersville Police Department Justin Hill, Lake County Sheriff’s Office Zane Holland, Wheaton Police Department Mark Johnson, Elk Grove Village Police Department Christopher Jones, Bensenville Police Department Brett Kielbasa, Woodridge Police Department Henri Krueger, College of Lake County Police Department Jason L’Amas, Tinley Park Police Department Kevin Lamb, Buffalo Grove Police Department Crystal Marshall, South Holland Police Department James Martino, Willowbrook Police Department Michal Mazur, Glenview Police Department Michael McCullough, Montgomery Police Department Matthew G. McDonald, Crystal Lake Police Department Elizabeth McGuire, Wilmette Police Department Adam D. McMahon, Round Lake Beach Police Department Shannon McMillon, Buffalo Grove Police Department Thomas B. Molloy, Elk Grove Village Police Department Russell Monk, Wilmette Police Department Michael Munoz, Wheeling Police Department Patrick O’Donnell, Oak Lawn Police Department Alexandra Ovington, Round Lake Police Department Nathan Parks, Hoffman Estates Police Department Bhavik Patel, Oakton Community College Police Department Lidia G. Patitucci, Naperville Police Department Michael Pignato, Lincolnwood Police Department Alex Prafke, Cary Police Department Eric Quinones, Cary Police Department Nelson Rodriguez, Round Lake Police Department Joseph Salinas Sr., Kane County Sheriff’s Office Eric Sarat, Darien Police Department Daniel Schahczinski, Wilmington Police Department Christopher Stearns, Mount Prospect Police Department Andrew Switalski, Evergreen Park Police Department Bradley Vos, Skokie Police Department Quintana Ward, Evergreen Park Police Department College of DuPage Senior Vice President Thomas J. Glaser and Associate Dean of Continuing Education/Director of the Homeland Security Training Institute Thomas Brady offered their congratulations to the graduating recruits. Trustee Dianne McGuire represented the College’s Board of Trustees. The keynote speaker was Chief Stephen Schmidt of the Elk Grove Police Department. The ceremony was held in the McAninch Arts Center at College of DuPage. For more information on the Suburban Law Enforcement Academy, visit the web site at www.cod.edu/slea.
Turning a Corner: North Chicago School District 187 Jan 8, 2015 10:28 AM
“Where there’s a will, there’s a way” – This old adage is ringing true throughout the classrooms of North Chicago School District 187.
CCU Announces Candidates For Election To Board of Directors Jan 8, 2015 10:28 AM
Consumers Credit Union’s ($610 Million; Waukegan, IL) recently announced the list of candidates for the Member-owned credit union’s Board of Directors.
Lake Forest health care executive joins Advocate Condell Governing Council Jan 8, 2015 10:28 AM
Thomas Kapfer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Beaver-Visitec International, Inc., has been appointed to the Governing Council of Advocate Condell Medical Center.
Local artists join forces for January exhibit in Libertyville Jan 7, 2015 2:07 PM
The David Adler Music and Arts Center will host an exhibit featuring eight local artists this January.
Police: Waukegan man found dead was victim of homicide Jan 4, 2015 4:11 PM
A 49-year-old man found dead early Saturday along a Waukegan roadway was the victim of a homicide, police said Sunday. Gaylord Davis, of Waukegan, died as a result of trauma, according to the findings of an autopsy conducted by the Lake County coroner’s office.
Waukegan police investigating man’s death Jan 4, 2015 1:01 AM
Waukegan police are investigating the death of a man found at 3 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of 9th and Prescott streets. Cmdr. Joe Florip said Saturday afternoon that officers are waiting for the afternoon’s autopsy results before releasing any more information on what he called a death investigation.
Boyfriend charged in Waukegan tavern killing Jan 2, 2015 8:04 PM
A 23-year-old Waukegan man was charged with shooting and killing his girlfriend inside a Waukegan tavern in front of her young daughter early Friday morning, authorities said.
Local youth charity brings little league baseball to children of Kenya Jan 5, 2015 7:15 AM
Local youth charity brings little league baseball to children of Kenya
Remodeling to transform Waukegan public library Jan 2, 2015 5:30 AM
Construction workers are days away from starting a $2 million remodeling project that will change the experience of going to the library in Waukegan. The (Waukegan) News-Sun reports that the project will transform the public library with new features, including a digital media wall that displays news, a cafe area and permanent displays to honor one of Waukegan’s most famous natives: author Ray Bradbury. The project will also expand the space devoted to national and in-house exhibits, some of which are expected to include 3D items and monitors for videos. Six glass-encased rooms for individual studies or group meetings will also be built. Construction will force the library to close Jan. 10 through Jan. 18 but it will remain open during rest of the renovation project.
Your 2015 Guide to the Suburbs: It’s our best advice, but share yours too Jan 1, 2015 7:30 AM
Want to make the most of 2015? Daily Herald Editor John Lampinen introduces a special New Year's Day guide to living, working and playing in the suburbs.
Help with health care enrollment available in Lake County Dec 31, 2014 12:45 PM
Navigators will be on hand at two events in January to enroll Lake County residents in health insurance plans offered through the Health Insurance Marketplace and Medicaid.
Take these precautions when outdoors this winter Dec 31, 2014 1:07 PM
Winter is a great time of year for outdoor sports or sipping hot chocolate in front of a warm fire. But, winter can also be a time of illness and injury if people fail to take appropriate health and safety precautions.
How to stay healthy during cold weather season Dec 31, 2014 2:09 PM
Winter is a great time of year for outdoor sports or sipping hot chocolate in front of a warm fire. But, winter can also be a time of illness and injury if people fail to take appropriate health and safety precautions. Following are some tips from the Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center on how to avoid some of winter’s woes.
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- LA jury awards $5 million to funk legend Sly Stone
- Police: Delnor suspect found in Indiana
- Watchdogs sue COD board over Breuder severance
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. murder
- Assistant AD at Mundelein High honored
- Trooper injured in I-88 crash seeks homicide charges against truck driver
- Park Ridge man designs a career on sets
- Gurnee OKs $5.8 million in tax breaks for AKHAN
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- Tax net worth of wealthy freeloaders
- Elgin body shop owner charged with rape
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Snow arrives; 10 tips to handle Wednesday freeze
- 2 Bartlett High students face felony hacking charges
- U-46 candidate apologizes for offensive Facebook post
- Over 300 building violations found at DuPage fairgrounds
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service OUTBOUND CALL CENTER REP Electronic Merchant Systems is looking for energetic people to set appointments. If you have telemarketing or custom- er service experience, as well as a clear phone voice and reliable work history and are available full time. $10. p/hr + commission to start. Call to apply: 847-261-9850 (id:4396565) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR - PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR Village of Glencoe seeks Supv. in PW Dept. Reports to Gen. Supt., provides support to all divisions. Req. related exp. in streets, sewers, water, for-estry, fleet; Class B CDL; Class C-D IEPA wtr. oper. cert. desirable. Start Sal. $66,731. Cvr. ltr., resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr.'s Office by 4 pm, Feb 27, 2015. Appls. avail. at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396443)
- ASSEMBLERS - Assemblers RWMIC, an EEO Employer located in Vernon Hills seek- ing Assemblers for very sml medical instr. Previous exp. w/micrometers, calipers & bprints a must. HS Diploma req'd. Pay & benefits competitive. Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396354) LANDSCAPE LABOR - Landscape Laborer (temp 4/1-11/30/15) 10 openings w/ Paul Fritz Landscape Con-tractors, St. Charles, IL Emplr provides trans from office to/from jobs in Kane & DuPage co's to lay sod/seed; grade; mow, trim, plant, water; fertilize, dig, rake, prune; pull/chop weeds; install segmental units; use tools;lift/ carry up to 50lbs; sprvsd work; no exp/educ; 40hpw; 7:30a-5:30p M-F; Sat work;$12.72/ hr; $19.08/OT; raise/bonus; arranged shared rental housing. Fax resume to 8474640403 (id:4396491) LINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN - Airline-Line Service Technician. Responsibilities; providing Aircraft ground handling. FT & PT. Call 847-537-1200 for info. Apply at www.signatureflight.com EEO M/F/D/V (id:4396380)
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628) ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLERS - Electronic Assemblers Sun-Thur 11pm-7:30am Ability to work with small parts. Posses manual dexterity Ability to effectively write and read English Goodwill TalentBridge 1475 S. Wheeling Road Wheeling, IL 60090 Applications: M-F 10am-3pm (id:4396408) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.