Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Television
James Corden to take over ‘Late Late Show’ March 9 Oct 23, 2014 4:14 PM
CBS has set March 9 for the debut of James Corden as host of “The Late Late Show.” Corden is replacing Craig Ferguson, who after a decade in the host chair exits Dec. 18.
Toys R Us pulls ‘Breaking Bad’ dolls Oct 23, 2014 9:56 AM
Toys R Us is pulling its four collectible dolls based on characters from AMC’s hit series “Breaking Bad” after taking heat from a Florida mom who launched a petition campaign last week.
Podcasts geek out about Bond, movies, celebs Oct 22, 2014 5:30 AM
They keep us company while we drive, work and work out. They’re also among the best things to happen in the 21st Century to radio junkies like me. We're talking about podcasts, and here are some worth checking out.
Wheeling native Haley Reinhart inks new publishing deal Oct 23, 2014 6:04 AM
Wheeling native and ‘American Idol’ contestant Haley Reinhart has expanded her publishing deal with ole, the independent rights management company who has been responsible for getting her music exposure on TV shows and films. Under the new deal, ole gains worldwide copublishing rights to Reinhart’s catalog and future work and will provide support for her to record a new EP.
#TeamToma plans 'Biggest Loser' event in Addison Oct 22, 2014 10:39 AM
More than 100 people who support this season's “The Biggest Loser” contestant Toma Dobrosavljevic will gather at Addison Trail High School Thursday night for a group photo followed by a viewing of the NBC weight loss competition show. Dobrosavljevic, 33, a former Addison Trail athlete who now lives in Bloomingdale, has developed a cult following since first appearing on the show last month. His fans call themselves #TeamToma
‘Stalker’ star Maggie Q loves acting — and privacy Oct 22, 2014 5:45 AM
For Maggie Q, her new series, “Stalker,” hits close to home. But not too close, if Maggie can help it. She sees privacy, and guarding her personal space, as vital to her freedom. Now, in the early weeks of her new series, which airs at 9 p.m. Wednesdays on CBS, she has braced for an even greater challenge to her goal of staying out of the public eye. On “Stalker,” she and Dylan McDermott star as detectives who investigate stalking incidents for the Threat Assessment Unit of the Los Angeles Police Department.
‘S.H.I.E.L.D’ fans push for Coulson/May romance Oct 21, 2014 3:24 PM
There’s Brangelina and Kimye. But are you ready for Philinda? Clark Gregg says that’s the moniker “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” fans have come up with as they push for an on-screen romance between his character, S.H.I.E.L.D. chief Phil Coulson, and longtime agent Melinda May, played by Ming-Na Wen.
Leap of faith led Elgin native to 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' Oct 21, 2014 11:32 AM
Elgin native Bianca Alarcon might not have landed a job on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” if she hadn't taken what she describes as “a leap of faith.” The Larkin High School alumna had a good job on “Windy City Live” but decided to leave for Los Angeles. Now she works on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” as an executive assistant to the executive producer. “Sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith and go after what you want,” she said.
DVD previews: ‘Sex Tape,’ ‘Snowpiercer’ Oct 18, 2014 6:30 AM
A married couple accidentally makes takes their "Sex Tape" public. An uprising unfolds on a futuristic train in "Snowpiercer." And a young woman returns from the dead in "Life After Beth." All three films are available on DVD Tuesday.
‘Walking Dead’ just won’t die Oct 17, 2014 7:23 AM
“The Walking Dead” returned to AMC last week to huge ratings, and Sean doesn't really get why. But who cares what he thinks? The show is so big, it has its own pinball table. And speaking of pinball, Wheeling is the place to be this weekend for enthusiasts of the game.
Why sports fans have no reason to cheer the rise of internet TV Oct 17, 2014 8:29 AM
The $6-a-month ESPN charges cable companies for the best of pro sports like football and basketball is starting to look like a bargain. Walt Disney Co.’s sports network is the most expensive piece of the typical cable-TV package that costs about $64 a month, based on U.S. Federal Communications Commission and SNL Kagan data.
Maggie Smith gets honor from Queen Elizabeth II Oct 17, 2014 4:45 PM
British royalty has met acting aristocracy, as Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II bestowed an honor on Maggie Smith during a ceremony at Windsor Castle. Smith, who plays the imperious Dowager Countess of Grantham on “Downton Abbey,” was made a member of the Order of the Companions of Honor Friday in recognition of her six decades in theater, cinema and television.
‘Modern Family’ actress Elizabeth Pena dies at 55 Oct 16, 2014 6:59 AM
Elizabeth Pena, the versatile actress who shifted between dramatic roles in such films as “Lone Star” and comedic parts in TV shows like “Modern Family,” has died. She was 55. Pena’s manager, Gina Rugolo, said Wednesday the Cuban-American actress died Tuesday in Los Angeles of natural causes after a brief illness. No other details were provided.
Cable-free HBO lets ‘Thrones’ fans cut Comcast cord Oct 16, 2014 9:24 AM
HBO is giving cable subscribers one more reason to cut the cord. Time Warner Inc.’s premium-TV network, the home of “Game of Thrones,” roiled the industry yesterday by saying it plans to offer an online service in the U.S. next year that won’t require a cable or satellite subscription.
Neil Patrick Harris says he’ll host Oscars in 2015 Oct 16, 2014 7:15 AM
Neil Patrick Harris is going for an awards-show trifecta, set to host the 2015 Oscars after four hosting stints at Broadway’s Tony Awards and two at TV’s Primetime Emmy Awards. “To be asked to follow in the footsteps of Johnny Carson, Billy Crystal, Ellen DeGeneres, and everyone else who had the great fortune of hosting is a bucket list dream come true,” Harris said in a statement Wednesday released by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Grohl’s challenge to band results in TV series Oct 16, 2014 5:27 PM
Dave Grohl doesn’t think small. What began as an idea to challenge his band, Foo Fighters, turned into an HBO television series that celebrates the musical heritage of eight American cities and the idea of music as a community. “Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways” debuts locally at 10 p.m. Friday.
Netflix skids on user slowdown Oct 16, 2014 9:16 AM
Netflix Inc. tumbled after saying a price increase had slowed subscriber growth, while coming competition from HBO gives the world’s largest subscription- streaming service a new challenge.
HBO Go-ing away from cable, will stand on its own Oct 15, 2014 2:39 PM
Next year HBO is cutting the cord and selling its popular streaming video service HBO Go as a stand-alone product, as more Americans choose to watch the Web, not the TV. Viewers longing to see “Game of Thrones”, “True Detective” and “Veep” will no longer have to pay big bucks for cable and satellite contracts. Is this the end of pay-TV as we know it?
CNN cuts end Mitchell’s show on HLN Oct 15, 2014 11:40 AM
Jane Velez-Mitchell and her staff have been laid off due to budget cuts at CNN, ending her nightly program on the HLN network. Her program, which aired for six years at 6 p.m. on the CNN sister network, ended Monday. Mitchell was told of the layoff on Tuesday, said an executive at CNN who requested anonymity because the person was not authorized to discuss personnel matters.
‘Real Housewives’ star due back in court Oct 15, 2014 10:05 AM
One of the Real Housewives of New Jersey stars convicted of bankruptcy fraud this month is headed back to court. Joe Giudice is set to appear in Passaic County court Wednesday on false identification charges.
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Spellman's Scorecard: Maddon will be a real treat
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Newborn's father testifies in mother's murder trial
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Sheriff's office denies politics in indictment of former jail guards
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: email@example.com United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737)
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to email@example.com or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.