Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Swimming
Prospect passes key test against Hersey as Liva soars Oct 9, 2014 10:19 PM
Last season, Prospect ended Hersey’s six-year string of girls swimming and diving championships in the Mid-Suburban East. This fall, it looks like Prospect has started a streak of its own. On senior night for the Knights at Wheeling’s pool, Prospect used a 1-2-3 finish in the 100-yard backstroke to pull away from Hersey 101-85 in the matchup pitting the top two teams in the MSL East. Prospect still needs a victory against Wheeling next week for an outright championship, but the toughest obstacle to repeat has been cleared — and in breathtaking fashion. Knights senior diver Dana Liva made sure of that, hitting all six of her dives on the way to breaking her own team and pool records with a 311.65 score. The lowest score the Wisconsin-bound standout received on any dive was a 6. She was awarded nothing below an 8 on her first dive, a back dive in the pike position.
Girls swimming: Tuesday’s results Oct 8, 2014 12:57 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Tuesday, Oct. 7.
Jacobs/Hampshire has the edge at St. Viator Oct 7, 2014 8:45 PM
Hard work is the name of the game at this point of the girls swimming season. At St. Viator on Tuesday, Jacobs/Hampshire rose above the fatigue to earn a victory over the Lions 58-36.
Girls swimming: Saturday’s results Oct 4, 2014 11:40 PM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Saturday, Oct.4.
Warren puts its foot down, wins Hersey’s Jamboree Oct 4, 2014 5:47 PM
Warren grabbed the top finish in Saturday's Hersey Jamboree, topping Mundelein and the host Huskies at Olympic Pool in Arlington Heights on Saturday.
Rolling Meadows tops Wheeling Oct 2, 2014 10:26 PM
Jessie Ligenza and Anna Frantom gave visiting Rolling Meadows a 1-2 finish in the 200-yard IM, and they later provided a 2-3 finish behind teammate Erin Pletch in the 100 breaststroke as the Mustangs edged Wheeling 98-76 in Mid-Suburban East girls swimming and diving on Thursday.
Freshman moving to front for Lake Park Oct 2, 2014 10:37 PM
Lake Park freshman Jennifer Hauser has shown throughout the season that she’s not intimidated by the pressure or the competition of high school swimming.
Girls swimming: Thursday’s results Oct 3, 2014 1:22 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Thursday, Oct. 2.
Police: Phelps’ eyes, speech affected at DUI stop Oct 1, 2014 5:37 PM
Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps registered .14 percent on a blood-alcohol test after he was stopped on a speeding violation, according to charging documents released Wednesday. The legal limit for intoxication in Maryland is .08. Phelps, 29, was charged Tuesday with driving under the influence, excessive speed and crossing double lane lines in the Fort McHenry Tunnel on Interstate 95 in his native Baltimore, according to the Maryland Transportation Authority Police.
Olympian Michael Phelps apologizes for DUI arrest Sep 30, 2014 6:56 PM
Michael Phelps’ comeback has been sidetracked by more trouble away from the pool. The Olympic champion was arrested for the second time on DUI charges early Tuesday in his hometown of Baltimore, another embarrassment for a swimmer who came out of retirement this year with his sights set on competing at the Rio Games.
Girls swimming: Monday’s results Sep 29, 2014 11:40 PM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Monday, Sept. 29.
A Stampede of record efforts at Buffalo Grove Sep 27, 2014 4:53 PM
The records continue to fall at Buffalo Grove’s new swimming and diving facility. As the Bison hosted the first large invitational meet in their new digs, 12 teams gave their best mid-season efforts, with four impressive performances earning acclaim as the best yet in the eight-lane, all-deep water facility. Wheeling senior Theresa Godlewski left her mark with a pair of records, winning the 100-yard backstroke in 59.67 and the 50 free in 24.70. Hersey freshman Olivia Kusio won the 100 breaststroke in a record 1:09.06, also a season-best for her. And Prospect senior Dana Liva came up with a big effort in diving, winning the 11-dive event with 499.50 points.
Tired Rosary wins own invitational Sep 27, 2014 6:49 PM
Not for the first time, Rosary’s girls swim team entered the pool for its annual invitational slightly weary in its legs. Rosary hosts an annual 10k walkathon to support the school, and the event took place Friday, the afternoon before the Beads’ Saturday morning meet. The same situation occurred in 2013, and Rosary won the swim meet — and that was the same Saturday, when the Beads finished 389-270 winners over Naperville North in a five-team invitational.
Girls swimming: Saturday’s results Sep 27, 2014 11:32 PM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Saturday, Sept. 27.
Barrington tops Lake Forest in Lake County meet Sep 27, 2014 9:33 PM
Barrington junior Kirsten Jacobsen hasn’t necessarily turned the corner, so to speak, despite her dominant performance in Saturday’s Lake County meet at Lake Forest. “I was happy to see my time improve,” said Jacobsen, who won the 200-yard freestyle in a season-best 1:52.00. “The one thing I still need to work on are my turns.” Jacobsen, the state record holder in the 200 free, also captured the 500 freestyle in leading Barrington to the championship. The Fillies’ 269.50 points were enough to edge runner-up Lake Forest (257.50), while Libertyville (233) was third. Mundelein (157) and Stevenson (146) rounded out the top five in the nine-team field.
Girls swimming: Thursday’s results Sep 25, 2014 11:26 PM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Thursday, Sept. 25.
BG Invitational offers intriguing matchups Sep 25, 2014 4:30 PM
Several Mid-Suburban League teams are looking forward to an appearance in the Buffalo Grove Invitational on Saturday. There’s the obvious universal allure of competing in a delightful, brand new facility which has already proven to be conducive to putting up fast times. And it’s also an opportunity for two of the Mid-Suburban East’s top teams to get a sneak peek at one another before they meet in a dual setting that will likely decide the divisional championship.
St. Charles East wins meet against ‘best friends’ Sep 25, 2014 10:37 PM
Rarely does the atmosphere for a swimming dual meet reach the noise level of Thursday’s St. Charles North-St. Charles East girls encounter at East’s Norris Center pool. In fact, the Saints and North Stars don’t always generate the cacophony their pink-clad fans created on a night dedicated to swimming and also in support of the fight against breast cancer. In the pool, St. Charles East won 103-82, but a variety of fundraising efforts netted more than $2,000, said St. Charles East coach Joe Cabel.
Lake County roundup Sep 23, 2014 11:37 PM
Girls swimming Stevenson 102, Mundelein 84: The Patriots received first-place swims from Shayna Salzman (200 freestyle), Casey Kirby (50 free), Rachel Song (100 butterfly), Ashlin Ruiz (500 free) and their 200 medley relay team of Kirby, Irune Andres, Ruiz and Joy Liu. Mundelein’s Jenn Kordik and Erin Falconer each won a pair of individual races. Kordik touched first in the 200 individual medley and 100 breaststroke, while Falconer captured the 100 free and 100 backstroke. Mundelein’s Maggie Franz took diving. The Mustangs finished first in the 200 free relay with Falconer, Kordik, Rachel Robb and Aijan Urmat. The winning 400 relay consisted of Falconer, Robb, Lauren Blake and Kordik. Warren 106, Vernon Hills 80: Courtney Barker won the 200 individual medley and 100 butterfly, and teamed up on the victorious 400 free relay with Samantha Kroc, Katie Bell and Danielle Glisovich for the Blue Devils. Glisovich (200 free), Bell (100 backstroke) and Megan Wantoch (diving) also won individual events for Warren. For Vernon Hills, Lisa Cheng (50 free, 100 free), Nicole Pinter (100 breaststroke) and Summer Hemesath (500 free) won individual races and aided the winning 200 medley and 200 free relays.
Young Hersey’s growing up quickly Sep 23, 2014 10:17 PM
Hersey's young team more than measured up, topping visiting Wheeling 126-58 in a Mid-Suburban East girls swimming and diving dual meet Tuesday.
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Theology student denies soliciting child
- Ex-Lake County jail officers indicted over man's death
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- Construction begins on Chicago-Moline rail line
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Does reality TV hurt girls?
- Miles: Cubs owe Renteria a quick answer
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X email@example.com (id:4389520) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) SECRETARIAL - SECRETARIAL /T-Arl. Hts. Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Type 60 wpm. Fax resume to 847-690-9883 or e-mail info@IllinoisSoccerRefereeCommittee.org (id:4389258) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.