Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Softball
Friedrich’s 27-year run at Stevenson is over Jun 11, 2014 10:21 PM
Today is Larry Friedrichs’ last official day of teaching at Stevenson. That was expected for the high school’s retiring assistant director of special education. Two weeks ago marked Friedrichs’ last day of coaching Stevenson’s softball team. That was not expected. “My position was posted (Tuesday),” Friedrichs said. Which means after 27 seasons and 515 wins as head coach, Friedrichs is out.
Softball: Monday, June 9 results Jun 10, 2014 12:50 AM
Results of area high school softball games for Monday, June 9.
Dopart, Glenbard North going to state Jun 9, 2014 11:47 PM
Glenbard North got timely hits and a strong pitching effort from Cece Dopart to defeat the Oak Park-River Forest 4-0 in the Class 4A supersectional on a chilly Monday night in Rosemont.
Wagner, Warren find a way Jun 9, 2014 11:43 PM
Jana Wagner has been a four-year varsity pitcher for the Warren softball team. On Monday night at Barrington’s Fields of Dreams, the senior right-hander saved her best for last, pitching her team to the state finals for the first time since 1980. Wagner, whose team lost in the same game against the same team on the same field a year ago, tossed a 5-hitter to lead the Blue Devils to a 3-1 triumph over Barrington in the Fillies own supersectional.
Sandburg knocks out Naperville Central Jun 9, 2014 10:59 PM
Asked her pitching record after warming up, Sandburg left-hander Sarah Herold said she didn’t know. “We didn’t have a very good season,” she said. The Eagles were good enough Monday to oust Naperville Central from the state softball playoffs.
Montini falls in bottom of 7th Jun 9, 2014 10:44 PM
St. Ignatius did what few teams could do this season: slow Montini hitters.
Future’s bright, but Wauconda’s playoff exit stings Jun 9, 2014 10:22 PM
Wauconda's Kayla Wedl lost a pitchers’ duel to another young talent, as freshman right-hander Lexy Staples fired a 3-hitter, striking out a pair and walking three, as Sterling held off the Bulldogs 3-1 in a Class 3A supersectional for the second year in a row. Wauconda, which last year won its first sectional championship in school history, finished 29-9, while Sterling (30-8) earned a berth downstate.
Softball: Saturday, June 7 results Jun 7, 2014 11:05 PM
Results of area high school softball games for Saturday, June 7.
No doubt about it: Montini wins 1st sectional title Jun 7, 2014 7:49 PM
In case there was still any doubt, Montini’s softball team made it very clear Saturday: The Broncos are for real.
Caliva, Glenbard North oust Conant Jun 7, 2014 10:05 PM
Glenbard North’s Alex Caliva broke her bat at practice on Friday. But for the first time in three years, the senior second baseman did not have a broken heart after playing in a Class 4A sectional championship game. Caliva and the top-seeded Panthers turned the tables from the past two years when they lost 1-run games. This time, it was Caliva’s game-winning double to left that scored Stephanie Campos with the winning run in the bottom of the seventh for a 6-5 victory over No. 2 Conant (26-6) at Bartlett High School.
Heck, yes: Wauconda’s still playing Jun 7, 2014 6:38 PM
Call that a heck of a finish for Jena Heck. Not that the Wauconda senior’s softball season is over. Not after her two-out, walk-off single in the bottom of the eighth inning lifted the top-seeded Bulldogs to a 1-0 win over No. 2 Grayslake Central in Saturday’s Class 3A sectional final at Ridgewood.
Naperville Central victory means a little extra Jun 7, 2014 5:36 PM
Yes, a victory over Downers Grove South in Saturday’s Class 4A Oswego East sectional final would put Naperville Central one game closer to the state finals. And the Redhawks certainly wanted that.
MacDonald drives Barrington through to supersectional Jun 7, 2014 10:51 PM
Rachel MacDonald is living the dream. Just a couple short weeks ago, MacDonald was playing on Barrington’s JV team. Now she’s the Fillies’ latest hero, and not just once but twice in the same week. MacDonald, who had the game-winning hit in Barrington’s sectional semifinal win on Wednesday, did it again Saturday. The sophomore designated player hit a solo home run in the fourth inning, then drove in 2 more runs with a double in the sixth as the Fillies beat DeKalb 6-4 to win the Class 4A Jacobs sectional championship in Algonquin.
Warren’s hit parade continues against Lake Zurich Jun 7, 2014 5:33 PM
There was enough action packed into the Class 4A Stevenson softball sectional championship to fill up two games Saturday in Lincolnshire. No. 3-seeded Warren jumped out to a commanding 11-0 lead over No. 2 Lake Zurich after 3½ innings only to see the Bears battle back to cut the lead to 11-8 after five innings in this wild title game between two North Suburban Lake Division rivals. But when all was said and done, the Blue Devils (24-9) were able to hold on for a 12-9 victory over Lake Zurich (27-5) to advance to their second supersectional championship game in a row Monday at 7 p.m. in Barrington.
Akron tops Bandits 8-4 Jun 7, 2014 11:28 PM
After an offensive explosion, the Akron Racers snapped their four-game losing streak against the Bandits with an 8-4 victory Saturday night in Rosemont. The scoring started early for both teams as Akron’s Taylor Schlopy got the first hit of the night, a home run to deep left field. In the bottom half of the first the Bandits answered with an RBI single by Tammy Williams to score Emily Allard.
Bandits beat Akron Jun 7, 2014 1:43 AM
The host Chicago Bandits earned an 8-3 win over Akron, their fourth straight victory over the Racers. Tammy Williams, Brittany Cervantes and Kirsten Verdun had RBI doubles.
Softball: Thursday, June 5 results Jun 6, 2014 12:07 AM
Results of area high school softball games for Thursday, June 5.
Downers South gets the upper hand Jun 5, 2014 11:48 PM
The teams were matched well with both having good hitting, solid defense and outstanding pitchers. But it was Downers Grove South that picked up a 7-4 win against Downers Grove North at the Class 4A Oswego East softball sectional semifinals on Thursday.
Glenbard South finds spark for comeback Jun 5, 2014 10:14 PM
All Glenbard South needed was a little spark. Trailing by 3 runs, the Raiders jumped on Lemont for 7 runs in the bottom of the fifth inning. That was enough to win Thursday’s Class 3A Glenbard South softball sectional semifinal 10-7.
‘Harvey Sterkel Field’ coming to Aurora Jun 4, 2014 2:12 PM
Harvey Sterkel was one of the greatest pitchers in the history of fastpitch softball. Through the Fox Valley Park District and the Aurora Fastpitch Softball Association, “Harvey Sterkel Field” will be dedicated at Stuart Sports Complex around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 10.
- Police: Delnor suspect arrested in Indiana
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Gurnee OKs $5.8 million in tax breaks for AKHAN
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- ISU student from Crystal Lake taken off life support
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- Arlington Lakes to close for renovation for a year
- Twin sisters man the chairs at East Dundee barber shop
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Assistant Maintenance Engineer Full-time position for 300-unit, 32 acre senior apart-apartment community in Elk Grove Village. Experience with boiler heat and turning apartments mandatory. Fax or email resume. Fax 847-593-4283. Email email@example.com (id:4396220) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4395929) MANUFACTURING - MANUFACTURING Hoffer Plastics Corp. is seeking reliable and motivated mold techs, inspectors, and machine ops for 2nd and 3rd shifts. OT available. No exp. Necessary. HS diploma or GED required. Email resume firstname.lastname@example.org or apply within 500 N. Collins St., South Elgin. www.hofferplastics.com (id:4396567)
- DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4396251) CASHIER / STOCK - PT Stock/Cashier nights and weekends. Garfield's Beverage Warehouse Barrington/ Palatine. 847-387-3676 or 847-359-0400 (id:4396177) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396294)
- GENERAL LABOR - GENERAL LABOR Niles printing plant seeks full time laborers. No experience needed. Must lift 50 lbs. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4396295) PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR - PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR Village of Glencoe seeks Supv. in PW Dept. Reports to Gen. Supt., provides support to all divisions. Req. related exp. in streets, sewers, water, for-estry, fleet; Class B CDL; Class C-D IEPA wtr. oper. cert. desirable. Start Sal. $66,731. Cvr. ltr., resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr.'s Office by 4 pm, Feb 27, 2015. Appls. avail. at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396443) ASSEMBLERS - Assemblers RWMIC, an EEO Employer located in Vernon Hills seek- ing Assemblers for very sml medical instr. Previous exp. w/micrometers, calipers & bprints a must. HS Diploma req'd. Pay & benefits competitive. Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396354)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.