Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Port Barrington
2015 Illinois 4-H Junior Leadership Conference Mar 10, 2015 3:00 PM
More than 100 seventh and eighth grade youth learned ways to improve their leadership skills at the 2015 Illinois 4-H Junior Leadership Conference held Feb. 28 and March 1 at the Decatur Conference Center and Hotel in Decatur.
Be bold, get cold for Special Olympics Illinois in Lake Bluff on Saturday Mar 9, 2015 4:11 PM
Be a fan of brrr-avery! Support Special Olympics athletes by jumping into the waters of Lake Bluff at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 7. The funds raised from the Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge will benefit Special Olympics Illinois Far West Suburban/Area 2, which serves athletes with intellectual disabilities in DuPage, Kane and Kendall counties.
Learn about degrees available through University Center of Lake County Mar 12, 2015 12:51 PM
The University Center of Lake County will host an open house on Thursday, March 19,at the University Center's Grayslake facility, 1200 University Center Drive.
Lake County 4-H holds International Festival Mar 5, 2015 1:41 PM
The annual Lake County 4-H International Festival was held Feb. 22 at the Lake County Fairgrounds.
Girl Scouts to recruit career-minded girls for “Camp CEO” Feb 28, 2015 12:26 AM
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois is seeking high school girls — Girl Scouts and non-Girl Scouts — entering 10th grade or higher, for its “Camp CEO” program this summer. Girls must complete and turn in their applications by Wednesday, March 11.
Fox River Shiver jumps off at noon Sunday Feb 25, 2015 3:44 PM
The third annual Fox River Shiver kicks off Sunday, March 1, at the Broken Oar Beach on the banks of the Fox River in Port Barrington. Fearless, costume clad volunteers gather every year to brave the icy waters and frigid air for charity.
Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 11:11 AM
The Illinois State Rifle Association and IllinoisCarry.com will be sponsoring their annual Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 in Springfield, IL.
Sunburns just as likely in the winter, so use sunscreen Feb 25, 2015 1:02 PM
Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you can put away your sunscreen, especially if you are heading out to the slopes for skiing or snowboarding.
Historical society to offer antique appraisals Saturday Feb 25, 2015 3:32 PM
Have you ever wonder how much grandma’s old serving tray is worth? What about that heirloom oil painting or turn-of-the-century shawl? The McHenry County Historical Society will host an Antique Appraisal Day from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 28. Reserve a 10-minute slot in advance by calling the museum.
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois to celebrate National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend Feb 24, 2015 7:32 PM
On Feb. 27 to March 1, Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois, along with its sister councils across the country, will participate in National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend, a celebration of all the fun and excitement girls have selling Girl Scout Cookies. News: National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend will give girls in northern Illinois a chance to show off their cookie-selling skills by participating in booth and direct sales throughout the area.
Take a plunge in Fox River for charity March 1 Feb 24, 2015 7:37 PM
The third Annual Fox River Shiver is Sunday, March 1, at the Broken Oar Beach on the Fox River, 614 Rawson Bridge Road, Port Barrington.
Marx Brothers ‘A Night at the Opera’ to benefit Woodstock Opera House Feb 24, 2015 8:23 PM
A special, digitally mastered version of the Marx Brothers comedy classic “A Night at the Opera” will be shown at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 1, 2015, at the Woodstock Theatre, 209 Main Street, in downtown Woodstock. Get ready for an afternoon of fun as Chico Marx (Woodstock’s own Tom Kotte) greets everyone at the door.
Join in National Girl Scout Weekend Feb. 27-March 1 Feb 24, 2015 12:17 PM
This Feb. 27 through March 1, Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois will participate in National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend, a celebration of all the fun and excitement girls have selling Girl Scout Cookies. National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend will give girls in northern Illinois a chance to show off their cookie-selling skills by participating in booth and direct sales throughout the area.
Barrington Chamber hosts Regional Economic Summit Feb 23, 2015 1:49 PM
The Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce hosted more than 120 guests at its annual Economic Summit on Wednesday morning, Feb. 11, at The Garlands of Barrington. The annual event was hosted by the BACC Government Affairs Council.
Breaking the Code Feb 23, 2015 10:17 AM
Breaking the Code (BTC) is a research-based prevention simulation that highlights the existence and harmfulness of a hidden and unchallenged bullying social structure.
Girl Scout Summer Camp offers adventure for all girls Feb 20, 2015 5:39 PM
Did you know that girls who regularly spend time outdoors more readily seek challenges and are better problem solvers than their peers? According to a recent study by the Girl Scout Research Institute, “More Than S’mores,” girls benefit immensely from time spent outdoors. In 2015, Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois will be offering summer camp to all girls — not just Girl Scouts — in first to 12th grade.
Help support “Diaper Drive” this month Feb 17, 2015 8:50 PM
Senior Care Volunteer Network, in partnership with the Diaper Bank of Northern Illinois, is hosting an adult diaper drive to help support local seniors in need. Did you know healthy but incontinent seniors often become home bound if they cannot afford products? $100 will provide these much needed products to a senior for an entire month! The drive will be held Feb. 16-27.
Learn what it takes to get ideas into laws Feb 16, 2015 8:58 PM
4-H members in Illinois will learn how ideas become law during a mock debate in the Chambers of the Illinois House of Representatives March 27-28 in Springfield. Delegates will debate mock bills using the same process used by real legislators in the Illinois House and Senate, including use of the House microphones and voting buttons to determine the fate of various bills. 4-H members who were at least 14 years of age by Sept. 1, 2014 may register online at go.illinois.edu/4hgreatdebate by March 13.
Unidentified Body Found in North Carolina Has Streamwood Connection Feb 17, 2015 1:00 AM
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's Facebook site, Help ID Me, recently contacted Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System to help spread the word to local resources in hopes that the young man might be identified. New technology helped to produce an image to show what the unidentified teenager may have looked like. Help give him back his name. John Doe is a Caucasian male between the ages of 15-20, who had short, light brown hair, stood five feet nine inches tall and weighed 171 pounds. He was wearing jeans, a blue plaid long-sleeved shirt, a brown jacket and sneakers. Investigators believe he was transient for some time prior to his death, and may have lost touch with relatives. They believe he spent time in Florida, Illinois and Tennessee before arriving in North Carolina. If you have any information, please call 1-800-THE-LOST. A complete story can be found by the Crossroads Chronicle here: http://www.crossroadschronicle.com/pages/full_story_free/push?article-Body+still+unidentified+after+31+years%20&id=26459663&instance=top_stories Link to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe
Toms-Price hosts “Professional Secrets to Container Gardening” in March Feb 16, 2015 7:26 AM
Toms-Price hosts “Professional Secrets to Container Gardening” in March
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Budget fix averts shutdowns but cuts schools
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Willowbrook student wins Illinois National Geogaphic Bee
- Suburbs' first OD awareness clinic opens today
- Baun, Paliotta sign on with Hawks
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Scouting DuPage County boys track
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- Body of Libertyville veteran missing since Dec. 1 found
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Rivera gets $20M after three convictions: 'I'm bitter, but I'm not angry'
- Rauner's immigration message leaves advocates perplexed
- COD candidates: Bring back theater group
- You could win DeLorean if Cubs win World Series
- District 200 board talks new revenue sources
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- Editorial: Naloxone giveaway aims to keep heroin addicts alive
- BINDERY OPERATOR - Arlington Heights manufacturer is looking for a full time second shift bindery operator. Should have experience using guillotine cutters, collators, and stitchers. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4402022) PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Arlington Heights, IL company is seeking to fill a pt-time-first shift Graphic Designers position. InDesign; Strong in Illustrator-Photoshop. This position MAC only.Accuracy and consistency are key. Send resume to email@example.com for consideration. (id:4402023)
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401406) DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), email@example.com (id:4401851)
- MANAGEMENT - Science: Hospira, Inc. seeks Manager, Regulatory Affairs in Lake Forest, IL. Coordinate regulatory advice & support to manuf ops & other functional groups, & other local & global project teams. Review global reg strategies for new & marketed products to ensure they are in line w/ compliance & biz objectives, and cGMP reqs. 15% dom & int'l travel to meet w/ regulatory agencies. REQs: MS in Pharm, Bio, Chem, Pharmacology, Enviro & Occ Health, Public Health or related field & 5 yrs work exp OR BS in Pharm, Bio, Chem, Pharmacology, Enviro & Occ Health, Public Health or related & 7 yrs exp Must have exp w. R&D, Quality, & Mfg; developing products; Project Mgmt; ICH, EMA, & ASEAN; domestic & intl submissions w/ FDA & int'l reg agencies; & compliance with cGMP. Interested applicants: send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org reference: REQ#: IL0020. EOE (id:4400980) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439) DRIVERS - Janitor Hourly Pay and Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k Paid Vacation and Holidays Financially Sound Company Established 1934 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Apply in person at: Old Dominion Freight Line 255 W Oakton Des Plaines, IL 60018 Or Fax Resume to 847-827-5990 (id:4402037)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.