Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Port Barrington
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st! Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st!
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day
‘Oculus’ Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22 Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM
“Oculus” Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22
‘First Friday Open Mic Night’ to be hosted by songwriter Steve Sebby Oct 8, 2014 7:50 PM
The Listening Room at Lakeside Legacy is proud to present "First Friday Open Mic Night." Singer and songwriter Steve Sebby will host an open mic night the first Friday of every month starting on Nov. 7.
Round Lake High School’s Health and Wellness Center Opens Oct 7, 2014 7:41 AM
Round Lake High School’s Health and Wellness Center will officially open on Tuesday, October 7. This school-based health center, at 800 N. High School Drive in Round Lake, is Lake County’s first, and is one of 65 in Illinois. Made possible through a partnership among the Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center, Round Lake Area School District 116, Healthcare Foundation of Northern Lake County, Nicasa Behavioral Health Services, Advocate Condell Medical Center, Mano a Mano Family Resource Center, Rosalind Franklin University Health System, and Vista Health System, the Center’s goal is to improve the physical and emotional health of students attending the high school and to teach them life-long, positive health behaviors by providing quality, comprehensive primary healthcare.
Free Community Lecture: What is Patient Navigation? Oct 7, 2014 5:55 PM
Meet the new Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital nurse navigators Susan Brady, Oncology/Nurse Navigator, and Heidi Wiltse, Women’s Health Specialist. Nurse navigators are the single point of contact for patients and their families throughout the cancer experience. Hear about helpful tips on prevention and wellness that can help improve your quality of life.
Bethany Lutheran welcomes Lyric Opera contralto Gwendolyn Brown Oct. 12 Oct 6, 2014 5:12 PM
Renowned opera singer Gwendolyn Brown will perform as part of the Bethany Arts Series at 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 12, at Bethany Lutheran Church in Crystal Lake. Brown will make her debut this fall season with the Chicago Lyric Opera as Maria in Gershwin’s “Porgy and Bess.” Other recent operatic appearances include covering Queenie in “Showboat” with both the Lyric Opera of Chicago and the Washington National Opera in 2013.
Fall Concert at Woodlands Academy Oct. 20 Oct 6, 2014 7:20 AM
The Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart Music Department presents its Cabaret fall concert at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 20. This annual event, held in the cafeteria at the school, 760 E. Westleigh Road in Lake Forest, is open to the public free of charge as a means of introducing this year’s musical groups and student talent.
‘Uncommon Threads’ fashion-art show returns to St. Charles Oct 5, 2014 5:03 PM
Tickets are now on sale for "Uncommon Threads," the annual one-of-a-kind wearable art show and luncheon, presented by Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles. Superlative wearable art is the focus of this event, which brings together phenomenal textiles and accessories created by local and national artists.
Illinois Railway Museum to restore classic Streamliner Oct 3, 2014 7:11 PM
The Illinois Railway Museum in Union has begun a restoration project planned to return the famous streamlined Electroliner to operational condition in 2017. The museum's Electroliner received an external restoration when it returned to Illinois in the 1980s, but problems with the train's eight electric motors prevented the streamliner from returning to operation. Work is now under way to return the luxury streamliner to operable condition within the next three years. In addition to work on the motors, work is needed on the wheels, trucks, air brakes and air conditioning before it can be operated.
Family Shelter Service Fundraiser October 16 at York Theatre Oct 3, 2014 5:31 PM
In recognition of domestic violence awareness month, a fundraiser benefitting the Family Shelter Service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16, at the York Theatre, 150 N. York St., in downtown Elmhurst. A $10 donation is recommended.
Sedgebrook Alzheimer’s Walk Oct 3, 2014 4:23 PM
On Oct. 12 Kopper and members of the Sedgebrook community will participate in the annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s held at Independence Grove, in Libertyville. For those who cannot participate in the October 12th walk, Kopper and staff have organized a mini-walk on the Sedgebrook campus scheduled to take place on Oct. 1.
How Well Do You Know Your Car? Oct 3, 2014 4:23 PM
Learning about the maintenance on your car.
4-H is Preparing Youth for the Challenges of Life Oct 3, 2014 4:23 PM
Lake County youth are joining the more than 6 million other 4-H members across the nation in celebration of National 4-H Week Oct. 5-11.
“Uncommon Threads” event returns to St. Charles Oct 2, 2014 5:42 PM
Tickets are now on sale for "Uncommon Threads," the annual one-of-a-kind wearable art show and luncheon, presented by Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles. Superlative wearable art is the focus of this event, which brings together textiles and accessories created by local and national artists. A juried runway show is the star of the day. Featuring wearable works of art, all items will also be available for purchase that afternoon. In its 28h year, this event — Fine Line's biggest annual fundraiser — will take place at Q Center in St. Charles on Sunday, Oct. 19.
Girl Scouts add photo keepsakes to “Sweets & Treats” program Oct 2, 2014 4:15 PM
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois kicks off its 2014 "Sweets & Treats" program from Oct. 10-24. Each year, girls start their own small businesses through "Sweets & Treats," offering gourmet food items and magazine subscriptions to community members.
Halloween Hustle 5K Fun Run & Walk Coming Up in Palatine: Sign Up Today! Sep 29, 2014 8:02 AM
The 9th annual event will start in historic downtown Palatine and include a .5K Kid's Dash as well as an after part at Durty Nellie's!
Support Bill’s Needs From a Spinal Cord Injury Sep 29, 2014 3:28 PM
This story is about Bill Kornfeind - The business owner of Ultimate Car Wash in Round Lake Beach and a longtime Wauconda resident. Bill suffered a tragic accident which left him a quadriplegic. We would like to share his story through the fundraiser that is setup to help him.
Survey shows that despite Barrington’s wealth, financial concerns remain Sep 25, 2014 6:36 PM
Barrington-area residents are among the nation’s wealthiest and they’re living longer, but concerns about unemployment and finances exist under the surface, according to the results of the comprehensive 2014 Healthier Barrington Study.
Richmond Garden Club hosts Holiday Floral Design Show Sep 25, 2014 7:31 PM
The Richmond Garden Club will host their 2014 Holiday Floral Design Show on Tuesday, Oct. 14, at 7:30 p.m. at the Richmond-Burton High School in Richmond.
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Imrem: Rose, Bulls pass all tests in opener
- Theology student denies soliciting child
- No school in Waukegan Thursday
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- Cambridge scholar from Barrington focuses on solving global poverty
- Miles: Cubs owe Renteria a quick answer
- Lake Villa rescue crews recover body in Fox Lake
- Vernon Hills man charged in sexual exploitation case
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X email@example.com (id:4389520) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) SECRETARIAL - SECRETARIAL /T-Arl. Hts. Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Type 60 wpm. Fax resume to 847-690-9883 or e-mail info@IllinoisSoccerRefereeCommittee.org (id:4389258) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.