Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Naperville
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Oct 31, 2014 7:36 AM
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
Images: Photo Contest Finalists Oct 31, 2014 1:01 AM
Each week, you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of October 27.
10 ideas — both frightening and family-friendly — for Halloween Oct 30, 2014 12:57 PM
Looking for Halloween haunts? Want something more than the chance to chow down on chocolate? We have 10 events, from tame to terrifying, that will make this Halloween memorable.
Hancock to share life lessons in Naperville Oct 30, 2014 7:28 AM
Herbie Hancock, who appears at 7 p.m. Thursday at North Central College’s Wentz Concert Hall in Naperville, doesn’t begin or end his newly published memoir “Possibilities” by recalling any of the many highlights in his 50-plus-year career. Instead, the 74-year-old pianist bookends his life story by recalling a concert with Miles Davis’ quintet nearly 50 years ago in Stockholm, Sweden, when he played what he thought was a wrong chord.
Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday Oct 30, 2014 7:26 PM
After school activities were canceled on Thursday due to a bomb threat at Neuqua Valley High School in Naperville, but officials said school will be open on Friday because police do not consider it a “viable” threat.
The Tech Doctors Inc. earn Microsoft Silver Small, Midmarket Cloud Solutions Competency Oct 30, 2014 4:17 PM
The Tech Doctors Inc. in Wheaton announced it has achieved a Silver Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions competency, demonstrating its ability to meet Microsoft Corp. customers’ evolving needs in today’s dynamic business environment.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
New website to promote Naperville charities on ‘Giving Tuesday’ Oct 30, 2014 4:17 PM
A couple of Naperville nonprofit organizations are creating a “one-stop shop” for the day of donations after Thanksgiving known as “Giving Tuesday,” and they're calling it Naperville Gives. “It’ll give smaller organizations more of a structure and more guidelines and ways to promote what they’re doing to make it more successful,” said Marion Ruthig of I Support Community, who is creating Naperville Gives along with Angela Bender of Naperville CARES.
Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide Oct 31, 2014 9:36 AM
Kukec's eBuzz column features a web site and new app called NextTier Education that helps students navigate the application process at 2,300 colleges nationwide. It was founded by a Highland Park native and a Naperville resident.
North Central, Elmhurst receive state grants for projects Oct 29, 2014 12:36 PM
A future park along the Naperville Riverwalk at North Central College and a science center that needs renovations at Elmhurst College both received a boost of state support this week. Gov. Pat Quinn announced a total of $4.3 million in state grants for the two projects as well as other capital improvements already completed at North Central College. “Investing in human minds is just as important as investing in roads and bridges,” Quinn said.
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Suburban police no longer feeling ‘helpless’ against heroin Oct 28, 2014 4:33 PM
Police chiefs who are leading the fight against heroin in the suburbs know it's their job to arrest dealers and users. But there's more to it than enforcement of drug laws, they say. “The law enforcement end, that’s not the solution. It’s a part of the solution, but it’s not the entire solution,” Round Lake Park Police Chief George Filenko said. “There has got to be public information.”
Naperville to seek state money for CSO venue Oct 28, 2014 10:29 PM
Naperville officials will ask state lawmakers next year for $12 million to help the Chicago Symphony Orchestra build an outdoor concert venue in their city. “It will be included within our legislative action plan as one of the capital projects we would like Springfield to consider for funding,” City Manager Doug Krieger said Tuesday.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Foster, Senger talk guns, national security Oct 28, 2014 1:39 PM
Democratic U.S. Rep. Bill Foster and his Republican challenger, state Rep. Darlene Senger, go toe-to-toe on issues involving gun control and the war on terror in the 11th Congressional District race.
Local hospitals strive to offer a balance of maternity options Oct 27, 2014 5:45 AM
No hospitals in the Northwest suburbs currently have “baby-friendly” certification. But, officials at some local hospitals say they are adopting new policies to promote breast-feeding and more family bonding in their maternity centers.
What counts as ‘earned’ for pensions divides 41st House hopefuls Oct 27, 2014 4:30 PM
The Illinois Constitution protects participants in state pension systems from having benefits cut once they are earned. But do future annual 3 percent cost of living adjustments that compound each year count as already earned? Candidates for state House in the 41st District in Naperville and Warrenville disagree, and the distinction shapes their opposite views on pension reform.
Trick-or-treat event collects food for needy Oct 27, 2014 9:10 AM
Naperville Junior Woman’s Club collected 1,563 pounds of nonperishable food donations plus $316 in cash donations for Loaves and Fishes Community Services this month during its annual Trick-or-Treat event at Safety Town.
Church raises more than $600,000 in one weekend to help others Oct 27, 2014 9:14 AM
Community Christian Church, which has locations in Aurora and Naperville, raised more than $600,000 in one weekend to give the church's outreach missions.
Cor Cantiamo to perform premiere of new sacred work Nov. 7 in Naperville Oct 27, 2014 3:47 PM
Chamber choir Cor Cantiamo, conducted by Eric A. Johnson, will perform the world premiere of Swiss-French composer Richard Dubugnon’s “Psalm 10” in a choral concert at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 7, at Saints Peter & Paul Catholic Church in Naperville. Completed earlier this year, Dubugnon’s “Psalm 10” for unaccompanied, mixed-voice choir and soprano soloist was commissioned by nonprofit, classical sacred music foundation Soli Deo Gloria Inc. of Glen Ellyn for its Psalms Project, a collection of contemporary choral works based on the Book of Psalms.
- Big-name managers don't always work out for Cubs
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Boeing sees rocket blast hastening end to Russia-engine reliance
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Northwest suburban schools show growth in math
- Dee Snider mixes metal, cheer in 'Christmas Tale'
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Lake County to announce street gang arrests today
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- McGraw: Bulls, Cavs should be a good rivalry this season
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.