Activate Your Free
Articles filed under McHenry
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
Understand Your Pain: Arthritis and Orthopedic Issues As We Age Oct 24, 2014 4:06 PM
Monday, Oct. 27, 7 pm, Ivanhoe Congregational Church, 21078 W Route 176, Mundelein.
Join Howl-O-Ween Bash fundraiser Oct 24, 2014 6:54 PM
Join the “Howl-O-Ween Bash” on Saturday, Oct. 25, from 6 to 10 p.m. This event is hosted by A Heart for Animals and 31 North Banquets. A Heart For Animals is a no-kill nonprofit animal welfare organization. All proceeds from this event will go toward the operating costs involved in the rescues.
District 47 Bernotas teacher named ‘Teacher of the Month’ Oct 23, 2014 1:30 PM
Home State Bank and McHenry County radio station Star 105.5 honored seventh-grade language arts and social studies teacher Belinda Strebel as “Teacher of the Month” on Sept. 30 at Home State Bank. Strebel was nominated for the award by former student Elena Starcher, who is now an eighth-grader at Bernotas Middle School.
Lakeside Legacy Foundation presents ‘Paranormal’ Joe Diamond at the Dole Oct 23, 2014 12:50 PM
At 7 and 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31, Joe Diamond will fill the audience with shock and awe from his magic and paranormal skills in the Listening Room at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake.
Holiday cards to support the Leukemia Research Foundation Oct 22, 2014 6:32 PM
The Leukemia Research Foundation announces its annual Holiday Card Sale. This year’s catalog includes cards for many occasions — and all can be customized. Cards for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the New Year are available in many styles from general to business, religious, multicultural, progressive and more. The cards can be personalized and customers are able to customize verses. Cards range in style from a watercolor reproduction to traditional holiday scenes.
Listening Room welcomes singer-songwriter Steve Sebby for First Friday Open Mic Night Oct 22, 2014 6:05 PM
The Listening Room at Lakeside Legacy is proud to present “First Friday Open Mic Night.” Singer songwriter Steve Sebby will host an open mic night the first Friday of every month starting on Nov. 7. This is no ordinary open mic night — we welcome every type of art genre to our room: poetry, solo instrument, comedy, story telling, or even spoken word.
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois Oct 20, 2014 7:45 AM
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois
Man found dead at wooded McHenry County crash scene Oct 20, 2014 11:15 AM
Bull Valley police are investigating the cause of a crash that left a Wonder Lake man dead Sunday afternoon in a ditch 20 feet off the road in a heavily wooded area of the McHenry County community.
Images: Police Discover a Weapon in Holiday Hills Oct 17, 2014 3:51 PM
Authorities discovered a weapon in a creek blocks from the Holiday Hills home of shooting suspect Scott B. Peters on Friday. Peters was sought after the early Thursday shooting of McHenry County sheriff’s deputies Khalia Satkiewicz and Dwight Maness .
Family Alliance Inc. hosts its annual “Haunted Square” Oct 16, 2014 6:52 PM
Family Alliance Inc. hosts its annual “Haunted Square” from 7 to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, through Oct. 31. On Saturday, Oct. 25, the Zombie Pub Crawl will continue until midnight. On Friday, Oct. 31, they will offer a “Haunt-or-Treat After Dark.”
McHenry High teacher honored as ‘Symetra Hero in the Classroom’ Oct 16, 2014 4:33 PM
Symetra, Gallagher Benefit Services and the Chicago Bears honored McHenry High School teacher John Beerbower, Ed. D., as a “Symetra Hero in the Classroom” on Oct. 9, during a surprise classroom presentation. Beerbower is the chair of the physical education department at the high school’s West Campus.
Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him Oct 17, 2014 6:24 PM
Scott B. Peters had been on the loose for almost 16 hours but didn’t get more than six miles away from where authorities say he shot two McHenry County sheriff’s deputies responding to a domestic disturbance. Peters, 52, of Holiday Hills, was arrested without incident just before 5 p.m. Thursday near Route 176 and Smith Road in Crystal Lake after he was spotted by two passers-by.
Endorsement: Wheeler in House 64 Oct 16, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald recommends Barbara Wheeler in Illinois House District 64.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
Images: Holiday Hills Shooting Suspect Manhunt Oct 16, 2014 9:05 PM
Suspect Scott B. Peters was apprehended near Smith Road in Crystal Lake Thursday evening following an all-day manhunt. Peters was sought after the shooting of two McHenry County sheriff’s deputies in a Holiday Hills subdivision early Thursday.
McHenry resident Mike Vivona receives top education award Oct 15, 2014 6:16 PM
Each year, the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges formally recognizes the success and significant achievements of ACCSC-accredited institutions, and pays tribute to several outstanding, dedicated individuals. Michael Vivona, local marketing manger for Universal Technical Institute’s Lisle campus, was named first-runner up for the 2014 Commitment to Education Award.
“Run, Walk & Roll” Oct. 26 to benefit Marklund Oct 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Get ready to "Run, Walk & Roll" for Marklund! Registration is still being accepted for Marklund’s second annual 5K/1 mile event which is set for Sunday, Oct. 26 in Geneva. “Last year, nearly 600 people participated in our inaugural event and helped us net $30,000 for programs and services for our clients so we're looking forward to growing that number this year!,” said Stephanie Heinz, Development Coordinator at Marklund.
Modern Day “Amelia Earhart” to Visit PM Prime in Highwood Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM
PM Prime in Highwood will be open this Sunday, October 12 to accommodate special guest Amelia Earhart, who recently completed an around-the-world flight in honor of her namesake’s 1937 attempt. Amelia Rose Earhart is the youngest female to circumnavigate the globe in a single-engine airplane, completing her mission on July 11, 2014. Dinner reservations at the aviation themed steakhouse will be accepted between 5 and 7 p.m. on that evening. Diners will have an opportunity to meet the inspiring aviatrix. Guests will be accommodated by reservation only. Seating is very limited. Steve Platcow of Lake Forest opened the PM Prime in July of this year. Executive Chef Dominic Zumpano has been dazzling area restaurant critics with his innovative interpretations on classic steakhouse fare. Robert B. Bansberg, award-winning sommelier and wine educator, shares his wealth of knowledge and expertise as the restaurant’s General Manager/Sommelier. PM Prime’s dining room boasts an unprecedented collection of 200 black and white photographs that celebrate excellence in aviation. The restaurant presents a rare opportunity to see a truly amazing collection of vintage images that honor the pioneers of flight - all under one roof. From the Wright Brothers, to Amelia Earhart, the Tuskegee Airmen and Jimmy Doolittle - the collection showcases the fearless and the brave. The heroes represented in the photographs pushed the boundaries of what was possible and demonstrated the power of the human spirit. These stunning historic images motivate the team at PM Prime to strive for excellence and the ultimate goal is encourage the patrons to pursue excellence in their lives as well. This engaging display will leave guests feeling nothing less than inspired. PM Prime’s menu includes popular steakhouse favorites such as the filet mignon and New York strip, but it also has some more unusual cuts such as the wagyu hanger steak. PM Prime features the highest quality cuts of prime beef available. Diners will find interesting selections such as osso buco with saffron risotto or Halibut with spaetzle and roasted beets. PM Prime is located at 310 Green Bay Road, Highwood. Call 847-433-0600 or visit www.pmprimesteak.com for more information.
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- Attorney general: DuPage forest preserve should release termination letter
- Residents: Dangerous Route 58 intersection needs light
- Dist. 95 critical of proposed state education funding change
- No school in Waukegan Thursday
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Vernon Hills readying for Biden's visit
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Kaneland blanks Hampshire for regional title
- Tri-Cities police reports
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.