Activate Your Free
Articles filed under McGraw, Patricia Babcock
Son’s illiness causes Maryland coach Frese to ‘enjoy the moment’ Mar 28, 2015 6:43 PM
Maryland women's basketball coach Brenda Frese is focused on March but is anxiously awaiting May. Pending good reports from his doctor, that's when 7-year-old son Tyler could be declared cancer-free.
DePaul and NU women dancing in NCAA tourney Mar 20, 2015 1:06 AM
The state of Illinois wasn't shut out of the NCAA tournament. No men's team's made it, but the DePaul and Northwestern women did. They'll have a tough path though, with potential second-round matchups agianst top seeds on their own floors.
Boys basketball: Scouting Stevenson downstate Mar 19, 2015 10:02 PM
Here's what to expect from Stevenson's boys basketball team as the Patriots pursue at Class 4A championship in Peoria this weekend.
Guryn, Llorens extend southpaw connection beyond high school Mar 19, 2015 3:48 PM
Their paths continue to run parallel to each other. Grayslake Central's Justin Guryn and David Llorens first found common ground as fifth graders when they were placed on the same youth baseball team. Both were lefties. Both were pitchers. As their skills developed, Guryn and Llorens kept running neck and neck. They remained on the same travel teams, and shared similar roles.
NIU’s Corral brings her ‘A’ game to court and classroom Mar 13, 2015 7:25 PM
Northern Illinois guard Amanda Corral has gone from a sluggish middle school student to a first-team academic all-American who aspires to be a surgeon...all while being one of the best players in the MAC.
Bond between Cohen, McKeown formed early on Mar 4, 2015 2:48 PM
Northwestern center Alex Cohen has been busy this season: she's helped the Wildcats earn a spot in the national rankings (No. 25), and she organized an autism fundraising gala on campus that raised $20,000.
For Pondexter, Sky has no limits Feb 20, 2015 6:16 PM
Chicago Sky coach Pokie Chatman used to employ a set of "rules" to stop guard Cappie Pondexter. Now she can sit back and relish that Pondexter will be someone else’s problem after the Sky acquired the 5-foot-9 all-star guard and Chicago native.
For Bennetts, coaching is all in the family Feb 13, 2015 8:02 PM
The Dick Bennett coaching legacy lives on in his children Kathi and Tony, both of whom are having success this season. Kathi's women's team at Northern Illinois has won four of its last five games and is one of the hottest teams in the MAC. Tony's men's team at Virginia is 22-1 and ranked second in the nation by the Associated Press.
Basketball mourns coaching losses, but their lessons will endure Feb 12, 2015 5:41 PM
Two college coaching giants died this week, Dean Smith and Jerry Tarkanian. Their influence on the game of basketball and other coaches is widespread. In that vein, Patricia Babcock McGraw polled boys coaches in the Daily Herald's Lake County coverage area about their biggest influences in coaching.
Taurasi's decision to skip season isn't a WNBA death sentence Feb 7, 2015 4:00 PM
Will Diana Taurasi's decision to sit out the 2015 WNBA season spell doom for the WNBA? Don't think so. Loyalty, history and location too important.
Warren’s Falish gets it right for senior year — and beyond Feb 5, 2015 4:25 PM
Warren guard Jake Falish was tortured last year when he decided not to play basketball so that he could spend more time working on baseball. He regretted his decision right away and struggled to watch his teammates play on without him last winter. He returned to the hardwood this season with modest expectations and instead has blown the roof off at Warren. He's the team's leading scorer (20 ppg) and is one of the top 3-point shooters in the area. Oh yeah, and he's going to play sports (yes, plural) in college, where he won't be forced to choose between baseball and basketball.
Nardini’s magical senior season continues at Vernon Hills Jan 29, 2015 9:29 PM
Vernon Hills 3-point specialist Robby Nardini has a flair for the spectacular. He will graduate as the school's all-time leader in 3-pointers and is a danger from anywhere on the floor.
DePaul’s Hrynko honed her toughness in Philly Jan 26, 2015 11:53 AM
DePaul point guard Brittany Hrynko is a leading candidate for Big East player of the year. She plays with a flair and an edgy toughness that dates to her days of competing agianst boys in everything from basketball to baseball to football. Hrynko also had to be tough at home, helping her dad deal with life in a wheelchair after he was shot in the neck when she was 10.
Grant’s Bailey has to play it safe Jan 22, 2015 10:16 PM
Grant forward Pierre Bailey felt chest pains and a shortness of breath at a recent practice. Pierre's older brother Nate Williams supposedly had something similar to a heart attack when he was in seventh grade, and everyone was worried Pierre could have the same health issue. Over the last two weeks, Bailey has undergone all kinds of tests and they have come back normal. He's hoping to get back on the court soon.
Crazy year for Big Ten women’s basketball Jan 17, 2015 6:01 AM
It's been an upside down kind of year in the Big Ten for women's basketball. And that's given opportunities to upstarts such as Northwestern, which is aiming to stay undefeated at home on Saturday against Michigan.
Lakes’ Solbrig happily says ‘Aloha’ to basketball Jan 15, 2015 7:59 PM
Lakes forward Dalton Solbrig might have the most enviable college opportunity in all of Lake County. He'll hang up his hightops at the end of the winter and turn in his winter coat for good as he'll be off to play volleyball for the University of Hawaii.
For DePaul’s Rogowski, injury’s pain run deep Jan 11, 2015 2:48 PM
Former Hersey star Megan Rogowski, now a senior at DePaul, saw her college career end last week at Villanova when she blew out her right knee. She joins a long list of Rogowskis to have been hit by major knee injuries while playing basketball.
Wauconda’s Prate grows to love national championship hunt Jan 8, 2015 9:11 PM
Former Wauconda defensive lineman Bradon Prate used to hate football. Now, he's playing for a national championship at Illinois State and has dreams of playing in the NFL.
Babcock McGraw: Top women’s sports stories Jan 2, 2015 4:01 PM
Patricia Babcock McGraw takes a look back at the top women's sports stories of 2014 and offers her annual ranking.
Under big pressure, UConn women keep winning Dec 22, 2014 10:34 PM
Women's Watch on the machine that is UConn women's basketball. What does it take to put up with pressures and expectations that are unmatched in all of women's basketball, in college or even the pros?
- Glenbard East cruises past Addison Trail
- DVD previews: 'The Imitation Game,' 'Interstellar,' 'Wild'
- Closed session and executive session are the same
- Pension crisis is not real
- Burlington Central's Ege ready for Top Times
- Daily Herald disputes Long Grove mailer
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- Singapore bids farewell to Lee Kuan Yew in elaborate funeral
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Wheaton man charged with stealing from Downers Grove charity
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
- Pension crisis is not real
- DuPage, Kane residents among state's healthiest
- Son's illiness causes Maryland coach Frese to 'enjoy the moment'
- Daily Herald disputes Long Grove mailer
- Fraud raises question of whether Apple Pay is secure
- Chicago funeral home to be turned into apartments
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- HUNTLEY FIREFIGHTER - is accepting applications for FIREFIGHTERS Application Deadline: 4pm. on 4-27-15 Application Fee: $30 Entry-Level and Subjective Written Exam: 9am, 5-16-15, Huntley HS Contact: IOS Recruitment Recruitment.iosolutions.org 800-343-HIRE firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4402403) PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Programmer Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Programmer Analyst. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrve spcfc docs, data, & info. Rsrch, anlyz & dtrmne info needs & dataflw reqmnts. Req exp w/ IBM Information Server, DataStage, & MS Visio. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 6 mos. of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI02 EOE (id:4401964) PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Lead Webmethods Developer eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Lead Webmethods Developer. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Dsgn, build, or mntn web sites, usng authrng or scriptng lnguges, contnt creatn tools, mngmnt tools, & digital media. Cnfr w/ mngmnt or dvlpmnt teams to prioritize needs, reslve conflcts, dvlp contnt criteria, chooz solutns. Mxmz site up-time by mngng operatns; reslvng outages. Req exp w/ Webmethods, WebSphere, JMS, EnterpriseOne adapter, & Oracle. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: BS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 5 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Also OK: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 3 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI33; EOE (id:4401634)
- DRYWALL TAPER / FINISHER - Drywall taper/finisher for new construction and remodeling work Call Chuck 630-330-6326 (id:4402475) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019)
- ASSOC TECHNIAL DIRECTOR - Assoc Technical Director Assoc Technical Director: Oversee build, deployment & release processes, administer & manage a multi tiered distributed internet hosting infrastructure, resp for maintaining agile app support & development tools, & automation. Duties: collaborate w/cross-functional teams to implement maintenance changes & functional enhancements; provide leadership on implementation of configuration files, build & deployment templates; serve as the tech expert for DEV, QA, Staging & Production environments & execute multi branded releases; monitor system & app health; resp for on-call escalation for ops & app issues; monitor & ensure consistency of build; document How-To knowledge repository & friction points, common implementation problems & develop tech recommendations; provide tech support, assistance & guidance to Project Mgrs & Team Leads; administer & own build & deployment systems & processes; evaluate new tools & tech-nologies, presenting business case recommendations to agency & client mgmt; promote build & release process efficiency through automation using processes, existing tools & enhancements. Chicago loop location. Req's B.S. in Comp Sci & 5 yrs of post-degree, progressive exp as Project Lead. Exp must incl: a) Websphere Application Server, Tomcat, JBoss; Solution architect on Enterprise middleware technologies; b) performance mgmt tools (jProfiler, jProbe); c) systems & app monitoring software (HP OpenView, Nagios); d) Perl & Shell scripting; e) Internet/e-Com app development; f) Java build tools (ANT, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins); g) designing, installing & managing multi-tiered distributed hosting infrastructure, both Virtual (VMware, Citrix XenServer) & Cloud based (Rackspace, Amazon AWS, Eucalyptus); & h) change mgmt systems & version control tools (JIRA, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Subversion, IBM Rational ClearCase). Leo Burnett Company, Inc., 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60601. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com. EOE (id:4402713) DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - Education -Arlington Heights School District 25 / Director of Facilities Management Opening: 12 mo/Full Benefits Preferred candidates: Degree in facilities management, engineering, or a closely related field; Must have strong interpersonal/leadership skills, knowledge of HVAC, electrical, grounds, etc. Apply at www.sd25.org (id:4402506) LINE COOK / DISHWASHER - Line Cook & Dishwasher Breakfast & Lunch only. Must be available days & weekends Apply in Person: 11302 US Hwy 12 Richmond, IL. Email: Americancafejobs@gmail.com (id:4402018)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.