Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Letters to the Editor
Just let me know what I am eating Mar 21, 2015 1:00 AM
A Libertyville letter to the editor: I am an old guy who is now seriously concerned that I do not know what kind of food I am eating.
PARCC is the right move for students Mar 21, 2015 1:00 AM
A Bensenville letter to the editor: Illinois students this year are taking a new state assessment that challenges them to think deeply, problem solve, and provide evidence of their thinking.
Be aware of crosswalk law Mar 21, 2015 1:14 PM
A Libertyville letter to the editor: Maybe some people need more information about the crosswalk laws in Lake County. Motorists and pedestrians alike need to be more aware of current laws.
Choose candidates who love library Mar 20, 2015 12:01 AM
An Elgin letter to the editor: Keep Gail Borden Library strong with your vote this spring. Trustees Jean Bednar, Herb Gross and Carlos Chavez, and newcomer Donna Kline will insure continuation of the kinds of programs and services we have come to love at the library.
No knowledge of the art of diplomacy Mar 20, 2015 12:01 AM
A Wheaton letter to the editor: Senator Cotton from Arkansas, Tea Party Republican, and head of the Senate’s Foreign Relations Committee for only — only — two months, wrote a letter to the leaders of Iran that stupidly attempted to undermine and destroy ongoing delicate peace negotiations led by the United States together with China, France, England, Russia and Japan.
Kudos to Geneva HS for candidate forum Mar 20, 2015 12:01 AM
A Geneva letter to the editor: I would like to commend the Geneva High School Student Council on its board of education candidate forum March 16. The students involved were exceptionally professional and insightful.
Social Security wants immigrants’ cash Mar 20, 2015 1:00 AM
A Mount Prospect letter to the editor: I read with interest your article in Sunday’s Herald regarding the scams associated with using fake Social Security numbers. However, you failed to paint the whole picture.
Player wisely puts health before money Mar 20, 2015 1:00 AM
A Schaumburg letter to the editor: Kudos to Chris Borland for using his brain to decide that the risk of brain damage out weighs making money playing football.
Candidates boost Long Grove prosperity Mar 20, 2015 1:00 AM
A Long Grove letter to the editor: Wouldn’t it be grand if there were a “pot of gold” at the end of the rainbow, money we could use to pay for the wants and needs of our struggling communities?
Citizenship question is not so simple Mar 19, 2015 10:15 AM
A Schaumburg letter to the editor: Just a comment on the March 13 letter from Alan Devereaux, “Repeal rights to anchor babies.”
GOP offers nothing but their hatred Mar 19, 2015 10:16 AM
A Huntley letter to the editor: Never before has a U.S. president been treated as disrespectfully by the opposing party as President Obama. He has been called an illegitimate president born in Kenya, a Muslim, dictator, Hitler, liar and a sub human mongrel.
Why not go after these racist cities? Mar 19, 2015 10:16 AM
A St. Charles letter to the editor: Protesters are still in Ferguson, Mo. and they want Darrel Wilson put in jail. One of the protesters was unaware that 40 FBI agents and Eric Holder found that “multiple credible witnesses corroborate virtually every material aspect of Wilson’s account and are consistent with the physical evidence.”
Have Blackhawks lost will to win? Mar 19, 2015 10:16 AM
Am Elmhurst letter to the editor: As of late, winning games against fellow teams is a formidable task — not that it should be easy but, the Blackhawks seem to have lost their will to win, their resilience to charge ahead seems to have faded, no fire in the belly.
Time to emphasize mass transit options Mar 17, 2015 5:00 AM
An Evanston letter to the editor: The March 2 article “Rauner’s Transportation Budget: Bikers Up, Transit Down” underscores how shortsighted Gov. Rauner’s proposed budget is in cutting $130 million for mass transit while adding $120 million to the state highway fund.
Whatever it’s called, Rauner solving problem Mar 17, 2015 5:15 AM
A Barrington letter to the editor: Time for all of us to change our language. Gov. Rauner isn’t anti-union; he’s trying to solve the problem of restoring a reasonable balance between the power of public unions and the interests of the citizens of Illinois.
School candidate has served well Mar 17, 2015 6:03 AM
A Grayslake letter to the editor: As I prepare to leave my eight years of service to the families of Grayslake District 127, I can only hope the community feels I left the district in a better state than when they elected me in.
GOP letter tells enemies we are weak Mar 16, 2015 10:42 AM
A Palatine letter to the editor: Shame on them. The Republicans sending the letter to Iran is unprecedented.
Spellman missed on the sports page Mar 16, 2015 10:42 AM
An Arlington Heights letter to the editor: I must tell you although I truly enjoy reading the opinions and reactions of your writers, I deeply miss Mike Spellman. He was a one-of-a-kind.
Mayoral race a great chance for Chicago Mar 16, 2015 11:41 AM
A Schaumburg letter to the editor: Chicago the great city. What an opportunity the election for mayor offers
Be wary of four-year degrees at CLC Mar 16, 2015 11:42 AM
A Libertyville letter to the editor: Candidates for the College of Lake County Board of Trustees are extolling the virtues of adding Bachelor degrees to CLC’s offerings, if they get elected. What is the cost of this addition to the taxpayers?
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Budget fix averts shutdowns but cuts schools
- Utility: Inspectors found faulty work before NYC blast
- Ex-SEAL brings military training technology to firing range
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Priest helps heroin addicts heal 'hole in the soul'
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Dan Bailey: Candidate Profile
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Police: Man charged with DUI had 3 kids in car
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) LABORER & CDL DRIVER - Joe Meyer Tree Service Inc. of Spring Grove, IL is now hiring experienced help. The positions include competive wages, health insurance & retirement package. CDL is a plus. Providing quality tree care for 51 years. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-587-0593 (id:4401689) BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: email@example.com. (id:4401929)
- PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Programmer Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Programmer Analyst. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrve spcfc docs, data, & info. Rsrch, anlyz & dtrmne info needs & dataflw reqmnts. Req exp w/ IBM Information Server, DataStage, & MS Visio. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 6 mos. of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI02 EOE (id:4401632) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722)
- IT AUDITOR - IT Auditor -Ingredion Inc (Westchester, IL): Perform integrated IT audit procedures, incl identifying & defining issues, dvlpg criteria, reviewing & analyzing evidence, & documenting bus. processes & procedures. Participate in finl audit planning & finl audit prog dvlpmt impacted by IT controls. Eval. adequacy & effectiveness of controls rel. to IT governance, app syss & interfaces, dvlpmt & implementation, logical access & IT data center ops. Determine operational status of IT controls, compliance w/ company policies, standards, procedures, & applicable statutes & govt regs. Comm results of audit projects via written & oral presentations to mgmt. Resp for prep written audit reports for all levels of mgmt, detailing audit findings, conclusions, & agreed-upon corrective actions. Prep audit work papers & flowcharts in order to doc & sppt audit findings & conclusions. Identify improvement oppties & dvlpmt of action plans to enhance bus. process & IT syss integration. Resp for identifying & eval. orgs risk areas & provide input to dvlpmt of Audit Plan, which entails examining, analyzing & interpreting acctg recs such as journal entries & master data. Dvlp working relationships w/ internal stake- holders & global Internal Audit team members to deliver results, support bus. performance, & advice on syss of recording costs & IT-rel. budget data. Min Reqts: Bach in CS, Bus. Admin, Acctg or rel., plus 2 yrs IT Audit exp in public acctg &/or internal audit. Must incl exp in perform- ing data analyses of complex bus. data, auditing SAP Apps & Basis controls (e.g., FI, CO, MM & SD modules) & auditing IT infrastructure controls rel. to dbase & operating syss. Exp reqd in integrated IT/Bus. risk & control concepts rel. to SAP App Controls, Syss Dvlpmt Life Cycle (SDLC), Cloud Computing & IT General Controls. 30% travel reqd to attend trade shows, conferences, trainings, & client sites. Pls send resume to: Krsto (Kris) Nisavic, HR, Ingredion, Inc. 5 Westbrook Corporate Ctr, Westchester, IL 60154. Must specify job code Ing1-2015. EOE, MFDV. (id:4401793) DRIVERS - Drivers Se solicitan conductores Quality Carriers, la lnea de camiones cisterna No. 1 en EEUU est buscando conductores con licencia CDL-A con disponibilidad inmediata. Quality Carriers tiene ms de 100 aos de existencia, y cuenta con 100 terminales. Solicite hoy y compruebe la diferencia que Quality puede hacer en su vida! $5000 de Bono de Contratacin para Operadores Propietarios! $1000 de Bono de Contratacin para Conductores de la Compaa Hay Puestos para Conduccin en Carretera y Local Disponibles Ahora Solictud Sencilla en www.work4qc.com. Llame a Ken hoy 1-708-457-7600 Ofrecemos: Paga Mxima y Beneficios Equipo con Modelos Actuales Horario Regular Trabajo estable todo el ao Estndares de Seguridad Lderes en la Industria Disponibilidad de paquete completo de beneficios Para Calificar: Registro de Vehculos de Motor Limpio 22 aos o mayor Avalado por Hazmat o Tanker Habilidad de obtener la tarjeta TWIC 1 ao de experiencia en TT TANKER TOUGH Call 1-708-457-7600 (id:4400963) ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - West Chicago office looking for a full time person to perform credit, collection, and light data entry duties. $14 to $16 per hour plus full benefits. Email replies to firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4402421)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.