Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lacrosse
Hanover Park Park District to build new soccer facility Oct 9, 2014 5:30 AM
The Hanover Park Park District finally will build a long-awaited $2.5 million indoor soccer facility, bringing recreational opportunities to an underserved section of town and providing a home for special needs athletes. The box-shaped building means a new recreational venue for the south side of Hanover Park, an area where the number of offerings have lagged behind the north side.
Naperville Central, Naperville North to add lacrosse Oct 8, 2014 7:15 PM
Lacrosse will no longer be outside the umbrella at Naperville Central and Naperville North. In an excerpt from Monday’s District 203 Board of Education meeting received by the Daily Herald, Superintendent Dan Bridges said a transition is in place to bring both schools’ boys and girls lacrosse clubs under athletic department responsibility beginning in the 2015-16 school year.
Deetjen helps collegiate lacrosse expand in Minnesota Sep 29, 2014 3:56 PM
When she was at Schaumburg High School, Taylor Deetjen played lacrosse and volleyball. “She was an awesome athlete,” recalls Saxons girls volleyball coach Jeanette Pancratz. “She was a great leader, very enthusiastic and she exemplified everything our program stood for.” Deetjen now gets the chance to put her leadership skills to use on the collegiate level. Two months after the University of Northwestern (St. Paul, Minn.) announced the addition of women’s lacrosse as a varsity sport, the school named Deetjen the program’s first head coach.
A reunion about lacrosse, and giving back Aug 15, 2014 5:20 PM
Fremd's boys lacrosse program is celebrating its 20th year of existence this weekend. While they observe that milestone, the participants will also be helping give back to the community by assisting a pair of athletes battling cancer.
Gurnee’s Warren Township High School recognizes spring sports success Jun 26, 2014 1:01 AM
Warren Township High School's state championship girls softball team and other squads that made a splash in the spring season were recognized at a meeting Tuesday night.
Naperville Central claims first boys lacrosse title Jun 17, 2014 2:54 PM
Members of the Naperville Central boys lacrosse club were honored before the Naperville Unit District 203 school board Monday for winning the state championship. “It was just a testament to the kids and how hard they worked to get back to this game, which is not easy, but then also to come away with a victory," assistant coach Jim Coakley said.
Best-ever season for Palatine girls lacrosse Jun 2, 2014 9:19 PM
Seven years ago, a group of Palatine High School girls approached Leslie Schock with the idea to start a lacrosse team. Schock, who at the time was already the head girls basketball coach at the school, obliged. She put together a team and now, in her eighth year, the Pirates enjoyed their finest campaign. They posted an impressive 15-3 record and won the Mid-Suburban League conference title for the second straight season with a 5-0 record.
New Trier ousts Libertyville May 27, 2014 10:30 PM
New Trier’s boys lacrosse team ended Libertyville’s season with a 13-10 win Tuesday.
Quite a run by Northwestern lacrosse May 23, 2014 11:58 PM
Northwestern was again representing at the NCAA women's lacrosse championships. The Wildcats played in their 10th straight Final Four on Friday. In other news, DePaul women's basketball coach Doug Bruno will again be coaching with USA women's basketball and former Sky forward Swin Cash returns to Allstate Arena on Saturday.
District 95 approves new synthetic field May 9, 2014 11:35 AM
Lake Zurich Unit District 95 board members Thursday night approved spending nearly $1.2 million on upgrades to the high school football stadium that'll include a new synthetic playing surface. “It's nonstop use on that field,” District 95 board President Tony Pietro told the Daily Herald.
Teams at Marmion lacrosse tourney helping those in need May 8, 2014 9:41 PM
Combine some altruism, an expansive high school campus and lacrosse — lots of lacrosse — and you have Marmion’s seventh annual Cadet Challenge Lacrosse Tournament.
Big win for Grayslake North Apr 29, 2014 11:20 PM
Boys lacrosse Grayslake North 14, Palatine 1: Freddie Williams scored 4 goals, as the Knights improved to 6-8. The Grayslake North defense was led by Dean Jones in goal with Ian Pearce, Colin Perry, Jack Dobovsky, Trevor Carter and Jake Lamb lending a hand. Ryan Staley added 2 goals and 2 assists, while Jack Donnellan had 2 goals and an assist. Logan Morira contributed a goal and an assist, while Andrew Cassilas had 2 assists. Ryan Carolan, Griffin Patten, Currtis Bye, Alex Fletcher and Dami Oladunmoye also scored. Sean Monaghan chipped in an assist.
Area quartet sparks Augustana women’s lacrosse Apr 7, 2014 5:51 PM
Augustana’s women’s lacrosse has yet to face defeat this spring. And helping the Vikings to all nine of their wins this spring have been four familiar faces to area fans. In a 21-3 triumph over visiting Loras, the Vikings improved to 3-0 in Midwest Women’s Lacrosse Conference. Freshman Madi Stoneman (Libertyville) shared scoring honors with 3 goals. Emily Handrahan of Lake Zurich added 2 goals and 3 assists while Gina Filippo (Libertyville) added an assist and Maggie DelVecchio (Barrington) had a goal. The local girls will be in Dupage County today playing Benedictine (1-7, 0-2) in Lisle.
St. Viator lacrosse team links with 8-year-old cancer patient Mar 21, 2014 5:32 AM
An 8-year-old Wheaton boy battling a brain tumor will be inducted as the newest member of the St. Viator High School lacrosse team when it plays its first game Friday, March 21, on the new synthetic turf field at Forest View Educational Center. “This promises to be a special event for one special boy,” Coach Bill Sandford said. “Our boys will be his new teammates offering friendship to him along his journey, but I know the entire community will be interested in his story and fight against cancer.”
St. Viator out in Full force Mar 21, 2014 9:20 PM
In the game of life, Dylan Full has had few calls go against him. But now he’s got some teammates helping him turn the tide. Full, an 8-year-old boy from Wheaton, is getting a big assist from the St. Viator boys lacrosse team. The Lions symbolically made Full a team member on Friday at Forest View Education Center, where the Lions were in action against Marian Catholic.
More disappointment for lacrosse backers Dec 18, 2013 6:58 PM
Let’s recap. On Monday the Illinois High School Association Board of Directors announced it will not support a state series for lacrosse this spring.
Lacrosse will not be IHSA sport in 2014 Dec 16, 2013 4:12 PM
The Illinois High School Association board of directors met for their regularly scheduled meeting at the IHSA office in Bloomington on Monday, where the board heard an update on entries into the boys and girls lacrosse state series. The IHSA will not proceed with a boys and girls lacrosse state series in the spring of 2014, as the entry numbers required to begin a state series were not met.
Naperville lacrosse clubs want official team status Sep 19, 2013 11:32 PM
Naperville lacrosse players who change in bathrooms instead of locker rooms and have nowhere to store their equipment but classrooms or cars are asking Naperville Unit District 203 to make their teams an officially sanctioned sport. The clubs have existed since the mid-2000s and parents say now is the time to give them official school and district backing. “It’s exploding as a sport. It needs to be recognized as such,” parent Derke Price said.
Lake Zurich board honors lacrosse state champs Jun 18, 2013 6:11 PM
Lake Zurich Mayor Thomas Poynton and village trustees honored Lake Zurich High School's state-champion boys lacrosse team Monday with a proclamation noting the “pride and respect” the squad's title brought the community. It was the latest public celebration of the squad's championship season.
St. Viator leads all-star effort Jun 15, 2013 8:34 PM
St. Viator was best represented in this year’s Class A all-star game at Sandburg in Orland Park on June 6 as Mike Julius, Dan O’Malley, Andrew Romano, Billy Spingola and Peter Trunk were selected to the team. O’Malley had a hat trick to lead the Black team, which was coached by St. Viator’s Bill Sanford, to a 16-8 victory over the White team.
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Girls volleyball: Thursday's results
- Glen Ellyn students' costumes are saintly, not scary
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Big-name managers don't always work out for Cubs
- Hossa hits milestone in Blackhawks' win
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494)
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.