Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lacrosse
Hanover Park Park District to build new soccer facility Oct 9, 2014 5:30 AM
The Hanover Park Park District finally will build a long-awaited $2.5 million indoor soccer facility, bringing recreational opportunities to an underserved section of town and providing a home for special needs athletes. The box-shaped building means a new recreational venue for the south side of Hanover Park, an area where the number of offerings have lagged behind the north side.
Naperville Central, Naperville North to add lacrosse Oct 8, 2014 7:15 PM
Lacrosse will no longer be outside the umbrella at Naperville Central and Naperville North. In an excerpt from Monday’s District 203 Board of Education meeting received by the Daily Herald, Superintendent Dan Bridges said a transition is in place to bring both schools’ boys and girls lacrosse clubs under athletic department responsibility beginning in the 2015-16 school year.
Deetjen helps collegiate lacrosse expand in Minnesota Sep 29, 2014 3:56 PM
When she was at Schaumburg High School, Taylor Deetjen played lacrosse and volleyball. “She was an awesome athlete,” recalls Saxons girls volleyball coach Jeanette Pancratz. “She was a great leader, very enthusiastic and she exemplified everything our program stood for.” Deetjen now gets the chance to put her leadership skills to use on the collegiate level. Two months after the University of Northwestern (St. Paul, Minn.) announced the addition of women’s lacrosse as a varsity sport, the school named Deetjen the program’s first head coach.
A reunion about lacrosse, and giving back Aug 15, 2014 5:20 PM
Fremd's boys lacrosse program is celebrating its 20th year of existence this weekend. While they observe that milestone, the participants will also be helping give back to the community by assisting a pair of athletes battling cancer.
Gurnee’s Warren Township High School recognizes spring sports success Jun 26, 2014 1:01 AM
Warren Township High School's state championship girls softball team and other squads that made a splash in the spring season were recognized at a meeting Tuesday night.
Naperville Central claims first boys lacrosse title Jun 17, 2014 2:54 PM
Members of the Naperville Central boys lacrosse club were honored before the Naperville Unit District 203 school board Monday for winning the state championship. “It was just a testament to the kids and how hard they worked to get back to this game, which is not easy, but then also to come away with a victory," assistant coach Jim Coakley said.
Best-ever season for Palatine girls lacrosse Jun 2, 2014 9:19 PM
Seven years ago, a group of Palatine High School girls approached Leslie Schock with the idea to start a lacrosse team. Schock, who at the time was already the head girls basketball coach at the school, obliged. She put together a team and now, in her eighth year, the Pirates enjoyed their finest campaign. They posted an impressive 15-3 record and won the Mid-Suburban League conference title for the second straight season with a 5-0 record.
New Trier ousts Libertyville May 27, 2014 10:30 PM
New Trier’s boys lacrosse team ended Libertyville’s season with a 13-10 win Tuesday.
Quite a run by Northwestern lacrosse May 23, 2014 11:58 PM
Northwestern was again representing at the NCAA women's lacrosse championships. The Wildcats played in their 10th straight Final Four on Friday. In other news, DePaul women's basketball coach Doug Bruno will again be coaching with USA women's basketball and former Sky forward Swin Cash returns to Allstate Arena on Saturday.
District 95 approves new synthetic field May 9, 2014 11:35 AM
Lake Zurich Unit District 95 board members Thursday night approved spending nearly $1.2 million on upgrades to the high school football stadium that'll include a new synthetic playing surface. “It's nonstop use on that field,” District 95 board President Tony Pietro told the Daily Herald.
Teams at Marmion lacrosse tourney helping those in need May 8, 2014 9:41 PM
Combine some altruism, an expansive high school campus and lacrosse — lots of lacrosse — and you have Marmion’s seventh annual Cadet Challenge Lacrosse Tournament.
Big win for Grayslake North Apr 29, 2014 11:20 PM
Boys lacrosse Grayslake North 14, Palatine 1: Freddie Williams scored 4 goals, as the Knights improved to 6-8. The Grayslake North defense was led by Dean Jones in goal with Ian Pearce, Colin Perry, Jack Dobovsky, Trevor Carter and Jake Lamb lending a hand. Ryan Staley added 2 goals and 2 assists, while Jack Donnellan had 2 goals and an assist. Logan Morira contributed a goal and an assist, while Andrew Cassilas had 2 assists. Ryan Carolan, Griffin Patten, Currtis Bye, Alex Fletcher and Dami Oladunmoye also scored. Sean Monaghan chipped in an assist.
Area quartet sparks Augustana women’s lacrosse Apr 7, 2014 5:51 PM
Augustana’s women’s lacrosse has yet to face defeat this spring. And helping the Vikings to all nine of their wins this spring have been four familiar faces to area fans. In a 21-3 triumph over visiting Loras, the Vikings improved to 3-0 in Midwest Women’s Lacrosse Conference. Freshman Madi Stoneman (Libertyville) shared scoring honors with 3 goals. Emily Handrahan of Lake Zurich added 2 goals and 3 assists while Gina Filippo (Libertyville) added an assist and Maggie DelVecchio (Barrington) had a goal. The local girls will be in Dupage County today playing Benedictine (1-7, 0-2) in Lisle.
St. Viator out in Full force Mar 21, 2014 9:20 PM
In the game of life, Dylan Full has had few calls go against him. But now he’s got some teammates helping him turn the tide. Full, an 8-year-old boy from Wheaton, is getting a big assist from the St. Viator boys lacrosse team. The Lions symbolically made Full a team member on Friday at Forest View Education Center, where the Lions were in action against Marian Catholic.
St. Viator lacrosse team links with 8-year-old cancer patient Mar 21, 2014 5:32 AM
An 8-year-old Wheaton boy battling a brain tumor will be inducted as the newest member of the St. Viator High School lacrosse team when it plays its first game Friday, March 21, on the new synthetic turf field at Forest View Educational Center. “This promises to be a special event for one special boy,” Coach Bill Sandford said. “Our boys will be his new teammates offering friendship to him along his journey, but I know the entire community will be interested in his story and fight against cancer.”
More disappointment for lacrosse backers Dec 18, 2013 6:58 PM
Let’s recap. On Monday the Illinois High School Association Board of Directors announced it will not support a state series for lacrosse this spring.
Lacrosse will not be IHSA sport in 2014 Dec 16, 2013 4:12 PM
The Illinois High School Association board of directors met for their regularly scheduled meeting at the IHSA office in Bloomington on Monday, where the board heard an update on entries into the boys and girls lacrosse state series. The IHSA will not proceed with a boys and girls lacrosse state series in the spring of 2014, as the entry numbers required to begin a state series were not met.
Naperville lacrosse clubs want official team status Sep 19, 2013 11:32 PM
Naperville lacrosse players who change in bathrooms instead of locker rooms and have nowhere to store their equipment but classrooms or cars are asking Naperville Unit District 203 to make their teams an officially sanctioned sport. The clubs have existed since the mid-2000s and parents say now is the time to give them official school and district backing. “It’s exploding as a sport. It needs to be recognized as such,” parent Derke Price said.
Lake Zurich board honors lacrosse state champs Jun 18, 2013 6:11 PM
Lake Zurich Mayor Thomas Poynton and village trustees honored Lake Zurich High School's state-champion boys lacrosse team Monday with a proclamation noting the “pride and respect” the squad's title brought the community. It was the latest public celebration of the squad's championship season.
St. Viator leads all-star effort Jun 15, 2013 8:34 PM
St. Viator was best represented in this year’s Class A all-star game at Sandburg in Orland Park on June 6 as Mike Julius, Dan O’Malley, Andrew Romano, Billy Spingola and Peter Trunk were selected to the team. O’Malley had a hat trick to lead the Black team, which was coached by St. Viator’s Bill Sanford, to a 16-8 victory over the White team.
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- Barrington grad, partner win $1 million in 'Amazing Race'
- Bears need to clean house in a big way
- Santa touched by S. Elgin students' unselfishness
- White Christmas out east could mess up holiday travel
- 2 Bartlett High students hack into Elgin U-46 portal
- Scaling it back
- Jacobs' Van Vlierbergen reflects on her amazing Heisman weekend
- Mike North video: Why are the Bears underdogs vs. the Saints?
- Injuries don't deter Glenbard North
- Naperville doctor charged with sexually abusing patients
- Cutler out, Clausen to start for first time in 4 years
- Streamwood man pleads guilty to baseball bat attack
- Barrington player's mock highlight reel goes viral
- Imrem: If only it were a different Jimmy replacing Cutler
- Good Samaritans save driver in Streamwood crash
- Dawn Patrol: Suburban Cuban-Americans hope to renew family ties; Bears bench Cutler
- 'Fast-casual' pizza coming to Naperville, Schaumburg
- Rocky, Blackhawks continue to get job done
- Boogeyman wins as movie theaters cave to threat
- Ye Olde Town Inn in Mt. Prospect abruptly closes
- Rozner: NIU expansion plan leads to Big 12 talk
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- Man acquitted in bad haircut spat
- Barrington Hills passes new rules on horse boarding
- Tensions linger after Buffalo Grove plan collapses
- Are Bears more embarrassing on, off field?
- Rolling Meadows mourns passing of police commander
- Imrem: Time to boot Emery out the door
- Rocky, Blackhawks continue to get job done
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Located in Champaign, IL, the State Universities Retirement System of Illinois (SURS; http:www.surs.com ) administers benefits and over $17.4B in assets for approximately 227,000 members. Responsibilities: Reporting to an eleven-member Board of Trustees, the Executive Director directs a staff of 130 through 10 direct reports, including a Chief Investment Officer. The Executive Director also serves as the chief governmental-legislation liaison with the General Assembly, its committees, and other governmental entities as necessary. Requirements: The ideal candidate will possess an advanced degree and progressive management responsibility culminating in a senior management position in a public pension fund, insurance or financial services company, as well as outstanding leadership attributes, excellent communication skills, professional presence and maturity, and sensitivity to issues of managing and funding a public trust fund. The ideal candidate will also have strong people and process management skills, political acumen, strategic agility, and the highest integrity and ethics. Compensation and Benefits: Compensation (base salary plus excellent benefits) will be based upon experience, credentials, and personal characteristics of the candidate. Relocation expenses will be negotiated on an individual basis. SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or to apply, contact: Derrick Buckingham, Senior Vice President and Managing Director The Hollins Group Inc. 225 West Wacker Drive, Suite 1575 Chicago, IL 60606-1274 312-606-2478 email@example.com (id:4393531) JOB FAIR - Job Fair Crumbs Bake Shop Tuesday, December 16th 10AM-4PM On Site Interviews Hiring PT and FT positions Cashiers & Team Lead Positions New location 469 Central Ave. Highland Park, IL 60035 847-229-6778 (id:4393532) SCHOOL NURSE - School nurse, RN knows Type I Diabete Survival skills. Exc benefits. To be considered for this position, please complete an application online at: http://www.generalasp.com/ ndep/onlineapp (id:4393806)
- SENIOR CONSULTANT - Senior Consultant Develop, customize, implement, test, and support Oracle Applications 11i & R12. Develop RICE Objects. Work on the product development of Margin Analysis Dashboard to get all the offers created in Oracle CHRM. Implement Oracle Application R12 Channel Revenue and Trade Management. Develop Various Oracle Reports. Tools used: SQL Developer, TOAD, PVCS, Oracle Developer 6i /10 G, and Jdeveloper 10G. Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems + 5 years of experience. Job site Vernon Hills, IL. Email resume Tribus Point, LLC firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393561) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -INTERVIEWS: Tuesday, December 16 -4pm to 9pm -INTERVIEWS HELD AT: BOB ROHRMAN'S Used Car SuperStore 935 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove, IL 60048 1 Mile East of Route 53 on Dundee Road No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4393449) FRONT DESK HELP - Hotel -Red Roof Inn seeks Front Desk GSR; must have strong cust. serv. skills, no exp. necessary (we'll train). Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mirian Leon@224-310-3620. (id:4393253)
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4393715) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant Company located in Elk Grove Village, IL Pl email resumes to email@example.com (id:4393700) COUNSELOR - Counselor Full-Time, Tenure Track Faculty position available August 2015 For a detailed job description and to apply: jobs.clcillinois.edu College of Lake County EOE/AA/M/F/D/V (id:4393322)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.