Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Ingleside
Free college financial aid/FAFSA completion events offered Jan 14, 2015 10:00 AM
College applicants and their parents can get assistance to complete and submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at sessions across Lake County from Jan. 10 through early March.
Switchback to perform at CLC Jan 14, 2015 2:48 PM
Switchback, the award-winning duo of Marty McCormack and Brian FitzGerald, will present a concert of original Americana tunes at 8 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 16 at the College of Lake County.
5 things to do this weekend in the suburbs Jan 9, 2015 2:27 PM
Get your chills inside and out this weekend with a staged thriller in St. Charles and a frosty festival at Lake County’s Volo Bog. These are just two of the many things to do this weekend in the suburbs.
Images: Photo Contest Finalists Jan 9, 2015 1:01 AM
Each week, you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of January 5.
Too chilly — Gurnee postpones Frosty Fest Jan 8, 2015 5:26 PM
Gurnee will have frost without the fest Friday night. Citing a bitterly cold forecast, village and Gurnee Park District officials have announced postponement of Frosty Fest, which was set for 5 to 8:30 p.m. at Bittersweet Golf Club with a fun agenda including dog-sled team demonstrations. Frosty Fest will now be Friday, Feb. 27.
University Center of Lake County adds a new member, programs Jan 12, 2015 9:31 AM
The University Center of Lake County entered the new year with an additional member institution and four new programs, after action taken by the University Center’s Governing Board.
Former teacher facing sex abuse charges waives extradition Jan 8, 2015 3:05 PM
An Ingleside teacher who fled the U.S. after allegations surfaced that he had sex with a former student could appear in a Lake County bond court by the end of the week, authorities said. Lake County Undersheriff Raymond J. Rose announced Michael R. Vucic has waived extradition in Virginia and deputies are making arrangements to return the former teacher to stand trial in Lake County. Rose said it’s unknown if Vucic would appear in bond court Friday or over the weekend.
Suburban Law Enforcement Academy Graduates Class of 52 Recruits Jan 7, 2015 5:44 PM
The Suburban Law Enforcement Academy at College of DuPage recently graduated 52 recruits representing 39 police agencies in Northern Illinois. The ceremony honored the recruits for completing 12 weeks – 480 hours – of basic law enforcement officer training which began this past fall. Six special awards were presented to the recruits. Deputy Sheriff Justin Hill of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office was presented the Firearms Proficiency Award and the George Graves Award for being selected as the most distinguished recruit by his fellow officers in the class. Officer Gerard Gannon of the Round Lake Beach Police Department earned the Academic Achievement Award. Officer Brett Darst of the Northlake Police Department won the Best Overall Physical Fitness Award. Officer Jamie Goschey of the Batavia Police Department received the Most Improved Physical Fitness Award. Officer Andrew Switalski of the Evergreen Park Police Department earned the Leadership Award. All award winners received plaques with their names engraved. The graduating recruits are as follows: Eric Babczak, Willowbrook Police Department Chase Bending, Glenview Police Department Timothy Breslin, Streamwood Police Department Ryan Butcher, Arlington Heights Police Department Michael Dailly, Elk Grove Village Police Department Brett Darst, Northlake Police Department Melissa Douglas, Harper College Police Department James Etchingham, Palatine Police Department James Friel, Northbrook Police Department Seth Frontone, Deerfield Police Department Gerard Gannon, Round Lake Beach Police Department Antonio Garcia, Hoffman Estates Police Department Jamie Goschey, Batavia Police Department Ryan Grahn, Oak Forest Police Department Alexander Guevara, Evergreen Park Police Department Steven Guther, Elk Grove Village Police Department Fredrick Hailer, Carpentersville Police Department Justin Hill, Lake County Sheriff’s Office Zane Holland, Wheaton Police Department Mark Johnson, Elk Grove Village Police Department Christopher Jones, Bensenville Police Department Brett Kielbasa, Woodridge Police Department Henri Krueger, College of Lake County Police Department Jason L’Amas, Tinley Park Police Department Kevin Lamb, Buffalo Grove Police Department Crystal Marshall, South Holland Police Department James Martino, Willowbrook Police Department Michal Mazur, Glenview Police Department Michael McCullough, Montgomery Police Department Matthew G. McDonald, Crystal Lake Police Department Elizabeth McGuire, Wilmette Police Department Adam D. McMahon, Round Lake Beach Police Department Shannon McMillon, Buffalo Grove Police Department Thomas B. Molloy, Elk Grove Village Police Department Russell Monk, Wilmette Police Department Michael Munoz, Wheeling Police Department Patrick O’Donnell, Oak Lawn Police Department Alexandra Ovington, Round Lake Police Department Nathan Parks, Hoffman Estates Police Department Bhavik Patel, Oakton Community College Police Department Lidia G. Patitucci, Naperville Police Department Michael Pignato, Lincolnwood Police Department Alex Prafke, Cary Police Department Eric Quinones, Cary Police Department Nelson Rodriguez, Round Lake Police Department Joseph Salinas Sr., Kane County Sheriff’s Office Eric Sarat, Darien Police Department Daniel Schahczinski, Wilmington Police Department Christopher Stearns, Mount Prospect Police Department Andrew Switalski, Evergreen Park Police Department Bradley Vos, Skokie Police Department Quintana Ward, Evergreen Park Police Department College of DuPage Senior Vice President Thomas J. Glaser and Associate Dean of Continuing Education/Director of the Homeland Security Training Institute Thomas Brady offered their congratulations to the graduating recruits. Trustee Dianne McGuire represented the College’s Board of Trustees. The keynote speaker was Chief Stephen Schmidt of the Elk Grove Police Department. The ceremony was held in the McAninch Arts Center at College of DuPage. For more information on the Suburban Law Enforcement Academy, visit the web site at www.cod.edu/slea.
Turning a Corner: North Chicago School District 187 Jan 8, 2015 10:28 AM
“Where there’s a will, there’s a way” – This old adage is ringing true throughout the classrooms of North Chicago School District 187.
Lake Forest health care executive joins Advocate Condell Governing Council Jan 8, 2015 10:28 AM
Thomas Kapfer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Beaver-Visitec International, Inc., has been appointed to the Governing Council of Advocate Condell Medical Center.
Your 2015 Guide to the Suburbs: It’s our best advice, but share yours too Jan 1, 2015 7:30 AM
Want to make the most of 2015? Daily Herald Editor John Lampinen introduces a special New Year's Day guide to living, working and playing in the suburbs.
Gavin South teacher returning to U.S. to face sex abuse charges Dec 31, 2014 4:35 PM
More than three months after being taken into custody in Bosnia-Herzegovina, a former Gavin South Middle School teacher is being extradited to the United States to face prosecution on sexual assault charges involving a student. Michael R. Vucic fled the U.S. on Aug. 26, three days before being charged by Lake County prosecutors, authorities say.
Take these precautions when outdoors this winter Dec 31, 2014 1:07 PM
Winter is a great time of year for outdoor sports or sipping hot chocolate in front of a warm fire. But, winter can also be a time of illness and injury if people fail to take appropriate health and safety precautions.
How to stay healthy during cold weather season Dec 31, 2014 2:09 PM
Winter is a great time of year for outdoor sports or sipping hot chocolate in front of a warm fire. But, winter can also be a time of illness and injury if people fail to take appropriate health and safety precautions. Following are some tips from the Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center on how to avoid some of winter’s woes.
Lake County residents can enroll in health insurance at January eventss Dec 31, 2014 11:58 AM
Enroll Lake County! navigators will be on hand at two January events to enroll Lake County residents in health insurance plans offered through the Health Insurance Marketplace and Medicaid.
Images: The Week in Pictures Dec 22, 2014 2:13 PM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features Daily Herald staff photos of people wrapping gifts for donation, and people receiving donated gifts, Santa Claus meeting with kids young and old, and rooms full of poinsettas.
Gift Wrapping for Patients is Serious Business at Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System Dec 23, 2014 8:01 AM
Gift Wrapping for Patients is Serious Business at Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “The Shining” January 13 Dec 23, 2014 7:59 AM
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “The Shining” January 13
Guided tours of Volo Bog: Dec 19, 2014 7:01 PM
Guided public tours of Volo Bog in Ingleside are available at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. most Saturdays and Sundays.
Grammy winner Donnie McClurkin to headline CLC’s 31st Annual Salute to Gospel Music program Feb. 28 Jan 3, 2015 2:20 PM
Enjoy an exciting evening of gospel music at the College of Lake County’s 31st Annual Salute to Gospel Music program on Feb. 28, featuring singer Donnie McClurkin.
- Police on hunt for man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. husband-wife murder
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to sister's fatal stabbing
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- School looking for instruments to jump-start a jazz band
- Elgin man dies of injuries from morning crash
- Trooper injured in I-88 crash seeks homicide charges against truck driver
- Former Arlington Heights mayor Mulder picked for racing board
- Obama says US must update laws on drones
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Mundelein candidate slams branding project
- Firefighter's wife gives part of liver to another's toddler
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Whites, Hispanics, Asians grow at historically black colleges
- Naperville woman files fedral suit against the city
- Rauner touts own affordable community colleges plan
- Danica Patrick races into Lombard Thursday
- WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628)
- ESTIMATOR \PM - Peter Baker and Son Co -Estimator -PM position open for heavy highway construction projects. See www.peterbaker.com for information. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE M-F-D-V (id:4396553) FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - The City of Bloomington,IL now scheduling testing for Entry-Level Firefighter-Paramedics! www.cityblm.org EOE (id:4396072) PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471)
- WATER PLANT OPERATOR - WATER PLANT OPERATOR Village of Glencoe seeks Water Plant Operator in PW Dept. Reports to Water Plant Supt., operates, maintains and repairs water treatment facilty equipment. Shift schedule. State of IL Cl C-D operator license desirable. Sal. $56,256. Cover Letter, resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr's Office by 4pm Feb 20, 2015. Appls. Avail at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396185) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: email@example.com (id:4396444)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.