Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Huntley
Odd endorsement for Hultgren Oct 30, 2014 12:01 AM
A Huntley letter to the editor: The Daily Herald’s Oct. 9 endorsement of Randy Hultgren for Congress in Illinois’ 14th District was, at the very least, odd. To me, it clearly made the case for supporting Mr. Hultgren’s opponent, Dennis Anderson. Not Mr. Hultgren.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Artist reception Nov. 1 for “Famous Poses Through the Lens” Oct 29, 2014 10:46 AM
This week, Next Door Theater at Side Street Studio Arts presents “Famous Poses Through the Lens,” an exhibition featuring an archive of the imitating Renaissance imagery from different semesters. The artist reception for “Famous Poses Through the Lens” will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, and feature live music performances.
“Get Your Rear in Gear-Elgin” helps fund colon cancer screenings, education Oct 29, 2014 4:05 PM
The Colon Cancer Coalition recently awarded the Advocate Charitable Foundation at Advocate Sherman Hospital with $25,000 from funds raised during the “Get Your Rear in Gear — Elgin” race held in August.
MCC welcomes NIU choir Cor Cantiamo for concert Oct 28, 2014 3:40 PM
McHenry County College will host a choral concert featuring Cor Cantiamo, the Northern Illinois University School of Music Ensemble in Residence, at 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2. Cor Contiamo will perform “Inspirited: A Concert Exploring the Divine,” directed by Eric A. Johnson, the ensemble’s founding artistic director.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Get tickets now for Literacy Connection’s 30th anniversary celebration Oct 28, 2014 8:30 PM
The Literacy Connection is hosting its 30th anniversary celebration and fundraiser at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin. The agency provides free literacy tutoring to adults in our community, and the tutor training teaches volunteers to help their neighbors learn to read, write, speak and understand English better. RSVP or make a gift by Oct. 29.
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Follow the progress of 2015 Lincoln Funeral Train project Oct 29, 2014 10:03 PM
At 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2, the Dundee Township Historical Society welcomes William Werst, executive director of the the 2015 Lincoln Funeral Train. After President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in 1865, his body and that of his son Willie were returned to Illinois for burial in Springfield.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights Oct 27, 2014 7:24 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
MCC seeks presenters, vendors for Child’s World Conference Oct 27, 2014 3:41 PM
McHenry County College is looking for workshop presenters and vendors for the 2014 Child’s World Conference from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, at the college, 8900 Route 14 in Crystal Lake.
Library recognized for 25 years of service Oct 27, 2014 3:37 PM
At the Oct. 23 Village of Huntley board meeting, Mayor Chuck Sass read a proclamation for the Huntley Area Public Library’s 25th anniversary. Sass discussed the formation of the library district on July 7, 1989 and recognized the 55 square miles that the library district currently serves.
Mobile unit offers vascular screening Oct 27, 2014 3:33 PM
Vascular disease is among the leading causes of death in the United States, yet is generally asymptomatic until a catastrophic event occurs, such as a stroke or aneurysm rupture. Although preventive screening is available, millions of Americans at risk for stroke or death from vascular disorders remain unaware of their risk.
Chicago Pet Show comes to St Charles Nov. 8-9 Oct 24, 2014 5:57 PM
Join the fifth annual Chicago Pet Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, and Sunday, Nov. 9, in the Prairie Events Center at the Kane County Fairgrounds in St. Charles. Looking for pet services? Meet local vets, talk to food vendors, hang out with vet chiropractors, and find holistic methods available for your furry, feathery or scaly friends.
2 Dudes and The Duchess review “Altar-Ed: Scenes in a Bridal Shop” Oct 24, 2014 7:55 PM
“2 Dudes and The Duchess,” who host a show Huntley Community Radio 101.5 FM, review the Judson University show "Altar-ed Scenes in a Bridal Shop," now on stage.
Northwest Choral Society announces 2014-15 season Oct 30, 2014 6:48 PM
The Northwest Choral Society, under the direction of artistic director Alan Wellman, announces the schedule and music selections for its three concert performances during the upcoming 2014-15 season.
Discover ways to reduce your carbon footprint at Green Living Expo Oct 23, 2014 12:53 PM
Discover how to create a more energy efficient household and make your daily routine more earth-friendly at the seventh annual Green Living Expo from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake.
Lakeside Legacy Foundation presents ‘Paranormal’ Joe Diamond at the Dole Oct 23, 2014 12:50 PM
At 7 and 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31, Joe Diamond will fill the audience with shock and awe from his magic and paranormal skills in the Listening Room at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake.
Violence, bullying topics for symposium at MCC Oct 23, 2014 12:45 PM
The 22nd Judicial Circuit Family Violence Coordinating Council in cooperation with McHenry County College will host “All in the Family: Violence and Bullying in the Home, School and Community,” on Wednesday, Oct. 29. The program aims to bring a multidisciplinary approach to educating participants about violence and bullying.
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Newborn's father testifies in mother's murder trial
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: email@example.com United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737)
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to email@example.com or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.