Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Grayslake
Dec. 6: Cookie walk at Grayslake Church Nov 10, 2014 4:16 PM
Looking for delicious cookies and sweets for holiday gifts and gatherings? Come to the 13th Annual Cookie Walk at the United Protestant Church of Grayslake from 9-11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 6, and stroll among tables to select from many varieties of homemade cookies and other treats for sale by the pound. The festive event will be held in the lower level Fellowship Hall at the church, located at 54 S. Whitney Street, Grayslake.
Neurologist Joins Vista Physician Group Nov 10, 2014 4:13 PM
Olga Kozlova, M.D., a specialist in Neurology, Child Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, is one of the newest members of the Vista Physician Group (VPG) that serves patients all over Lake County, IL.
Jazz Theatre of Illinois will make you MOVE! Nov 10, 2014 4:14 PM
J azz Theatre of Illinois is pleased to present the second annual MOVE dance concert. MOVE will showcase professional and future professional dancers from 7 different dance companies.
Pottery Sale and Ceramic Workshop at the College of Lake County Nov 10, 2014 4:14 PM
The Community Clay Association at the College of Lake County will present two events in November: a workshop with artist Mark Pharis on Nov. 14 and 15 and a Pottery Sale on Nov. 20 and 21.
CLC Mechatronics program offers monthly information sessions Nov 10, 2014 4:13 PM
Want to learn about robotics and other cool stuff? In one year of full-time study, you can become a highly sought-after and well-paid mechatronics technician, qualified to install, maintain, modify and repair automated, “intelligent” machinery used in manufacturing. The College of Lake County’s mechatronics certificate helps local students train for these high-tech jobs, which have excellent starting salaries.
CLC offers information session on business fields Nov 10, 2014 4:13 PM
Information sessions on how to prepare for a variety of business careers will be offered by the College of Lake County in the coming months.
Culver’s of Libertyville to host night of giving for local dance company Nov 10, 2014 4:12 PM
Libertyville’s Forum Dance Theatre began as a group of five dancers nearly 20 years ago and has grown into one of the Midwest’s best pre-professional training programs. Its dancers are invited to perform with some of the most prestigious companies throughout the U.S. and Europe, and will be performing in Austria next summer. Additionally, Forum instructors are hailed among the top dance educators in the country.
Book Sale Nov 10, 2014 4:01 PM
The Friends Fall Book Sale Come to the Grayslake Library and find a great read, cookbook, DVD or other reference materials at the upcoming book sale. Date & Hours: Fri, Nov 14 from 9:30 - 5:00 pm Sat, Nov 15 from 9:30 - 4:00 pm Sun, Nov 16 from 1:00 - 4:00 pm *Bag Sale* *$5 a bag sale all day! All proceeds support library programs and events such as: Summer 7 Winter concert Series, Friday Night Film Series, and LEGO Robotics. Go to www.grayslake.info or call 847/223-5313 for more information.
Grade School Girls Use Math Creatively at Woodlands Academy Event Nov 10, 2014 3:55 PM
Nearly 50 6th and 7th grade girls from eight area schools put their math skills to the test in creative, problem-solving ways during Mathalon at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest Nov. 1.
91-year-old cherishes wartime letters from her beau Nov 10, 2014 4:50 PM
Bette Davis is 91 now, and a widow, but the 400 letters she got her from beau, and eventual husband, during World War II keep their love alive in her heart. “He would tell me everything in detail,” Bette said. “He wanted me to know everything."
Images: The Week in Pictures Nov 10, 2014 1:01 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features 17 Daily Herald staff photos of running races, Veterans Day ceremonies and a lot of fish tanks, representing 20 area communities.
Woodlands Academy debaters succeed at Fremd tourney Nov 13, 2014 1:35 PM
The Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart Debate Team made a strong showing at the William Fremd High School Invitational Debate Tournament in Palatine
Sunday picks: Bob Dylan's tour hits Cadillac Palace Nov 9, 2014 12:01 AM
The legendary Bob Dylan is coming to town for a three-night stop at Chicago's Cadillac Palace Theatre. The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County's Mayslake Peabody Estate hosts its fourth annual fly-fishing show. And those harmonizing former “Jersey Boys” cast members known as Under the Streetlamp are back with their new “Let the Good Times Roll” tour at the Paramount Theatre in Aurora.
Weekend picks: Singer-songwriter Jason Mraz plays Chicago Theatre Nov 8, 2014 6:15 AM
Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Jason Mraz performs with opener Raining Jane at the Chicago Theatre Saturday. There's a costume contest, superhero drawing workshops and a training academy at a special Mini Comic Con on Saturday at the Vernon Area Public Library in Lincolnshire. Catch comedian Michael Che, a former correspondent on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” and a current cast member of “Saturday Night Live,” in person this weekend at Zanies in Rosemont.
Sedgebrook residents take part in own Ironman challenge Nov 7, 2014 8:41 AM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Weekend picks: Blues rockers Mutts play Roundhouse Nov 7, 2014 2:39 PM
Chicago blues rockers Mutts bring their whiskey-soaked songs to Two Brothers Roundhouse in Aurora. Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Jason Mraz performs with opener Raining Jane at the Chicago Theatre Friday and Saturday. And country music legend Kenny Rogers performs the greatest hits from his career in his “Through The Years World Tour” tonight at the Genesee Theatre.
Grayslake museum program: Nov 7, 2014 6:00 PM
The Grayslake Historical Society will host a program on Wednesday, Nov. 12, that will feature letters written by Grayslake men while they served during World War I. The free program, which begins at 7:30 p.m., will be in the Community Room of the Grayslake Heritage Center and Museum, 164 Hawley St.
Woodlands Academy to host open house Nov. 11 Nov 6, 2014 1:02 PM
Learn about the dynamic educational experience at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart during an open house Tuesday, Nov. 11.
Pacers ‘ big help’ to Naperville marathoners with goal times Nov 5, 2014 10:38 AM
Using a stopwatch and a list of split times on the pace stick, a wristband or a temporary tattoo, 21 pacers will be running steadily and chatting amicably Sunday during the second annual Edward Hospital Naperville Marathon and Half Marathon, helping runners hit their goal times. “Pacers aren’t going to guarantee that you’re going to get to the finish line at the time you’re looking for,” Race Director Dave Sheble said. “But for many runners, when they do hit their time, the pacers are a big help.”
Montessori students in Gurnee use garden to give back to others Nov 5, 2014 1:48 PM
The students at Country Meadows Montessori School have donated more than 100 pounds of produce harvested from the Country Meadows Giving Garden to the Mount Sinai Baptist Church Food Pantry in North Chicago.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell' in 2016
- Prosecutor: 'The defendant hunted the victim down'
- Uber backlash brings privacy concerns to light
- Review: Apple's iOS 8 provides a smarter type
- Just Mayo dispute is just one of Unilever's challenges
- Porn buyers get Spanish Shakespeare as theater protests tax rate
- Snow, gusty winds expected to hit region Monday
- Work Advice: Is it fair to force vacation in winter?
- 'Miss Muffet' strikes back against eight-legged pests
- Rosary reclaims elite status
- AUTO - AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANTS WE OFFER AN OUTSTANDING PAY PLAN! This is an opportunity to work for an established and growing company that is on the cutting edge of the modern automotive industry Pre-Own- ed of St. Charles, located in West Chicago is an employee- centered business with unlimited room for advancement! Auto sales is one of most financially rewarding professions available without a lengthy education! Pre-Owned of St. Charles is seeking bright, motivated, driven Sales Professionals to sell new and pre-owned vehicles! RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: -Determine each customer's vehicle needs and wants by asking questions and listening. -Demonstrate vehicles including test drives. -Maintain a prospect development system. -Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business. -Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep informed of technological changes in the products. -Bi-lingual a plus!! English/Spanish -Must have valid Drivers License Candidates with previous automotive sales experience are preferred. Great benefits including: -Medical, dental & 401K! -A friendly, comfortable work environment! -A work environment that encourages you to rise to your full potential! -Opportunities to advance within the company! -To be customer service oriented! -To expect more than just a paycheck -No Sundays APPLY IN PERSON AT: PRE-OWNED OF ST. CHARLES 27W261 North Ave. West Chicago, IL 60185 Ask for Dino (id:4390308) OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER - Real Estate OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER Round Lake Beach 5 to 10 years of similar or related experience. Equivalent to a four-year college degree or completion of a course of study at a business or trade school. Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending. To consult with members and non-members to find the best solutions to their mort-gage lending needs. Take applications for residential real estate loans. Evaluate the information for qualifying the applicant for the loan amount and program they are requesting. Participates in developing outside/external sources for real estate lending opportunities and expanding the Credit Union's membership base. 100% Commission Based. Resume to Fax: 847-265-5080; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org No calls please. EOE (id:4391813) QUALITY ENGINEER?MANAGER - QUALITY (All Shifts) -Engineer/Manager -Inspectors/First Article Techs High precision inj. molding Elgin, Health & 401k. Email: email@example.com (id:4391864)
- AUTO BODY PAINTER - Auto body painter, full time, must have experience / attention to detail Wauconda 847-487-9055 (id:4391764) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4391497) PRODUCTION WORKER - Production Worker-To $11/hr ALL Shifts in Lincolnwood! Must have own transportation /pass E-verify. 773-205-1555 (id:4391249)
- SET-UP TECHNICIANS - PLASTICS PROCESS/ SET-UP TECHS All Shifts high precision inj. Molding. Elgin, Health & 401k. Email: email@example.com (id:4391863) TRADING SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - Computer -Algorithmic Trading Software Developer-Chicago, IL. Stat arbitrage & mkt making in U.S. equities & commodities futures mkts. Engage in quantitative research to uncover signals which consistently predict price movements. Utilize linear & non-linear models, Bayseian estimation techniques, time series analysis, numerical optimization, & portfolio construction using mean-variance optimization. Dvlp strategies & back test using Monte Carlo & Cross Validation. Dvlp code in C++, Java, & R. Reqts: Master's or equiv in Eng'g, CS, Technology, or rel. field, & 3 yrs work exp in position offered or rel., incl 3 yrs exp w/: Stat Arbitrage strategies in U.S. equities; Automated Mkt Making w/ U.S. equities; Quantitative research geared towards dvlpg mkt making & Stat Arbitrage; & Quantitative research using R, KDB & Java. Pls send resume to Summit Securities Group, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4391308) CARPET CLEANING - Carpet/Flood Exp'd Technican. Fax: 847-428-2121 or Email: email@example.com (id:4391421)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.