Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Glencoe
Oakton lecture tackles impact of estrogen Sep 15, 2013 4:17 PM
Discover how gender and sex steroid hormones affect a woman’s career path during a free lecture at 2 p.m., Tuesday, September 24, at Oakton Community College’s Des Plaines campus, 1600, E. Golf Road.
Take a tour of Oakton’s Early Childhood Education Center Sep 13, 2013 11:32 AM
Choosing the right day care setting for your child isn’t easy — but Oakton’s Early Childhood Education Center may have a solution.
OCC's Koehnline Museum focuses on local artists to teach us about ourselves Sep 13, 2013 12:25 AM
The Koehnline Museum of Art at Oakton Community College has made a name for itself as a place where Chicago area and Illinois artists get their due. On exhibit now: The Art of Leon and Sadie Garland, a married pair of artists who produced a large and important body of work.
Best bets: Fox Valley celebrates Mexican culture Sep 11, 2013 8:06 AM
Enjoy the music and dancing of Mexico at Fiestas Patrias Aurora in RiverEdge Park. Take your dog for a walk during Morton Arboretum's Tails on the Trails hike. Or hop in your car for a good cause with the Famous Puzzler suburban road rally, taking off Saturday from Woodfield Mall.
Guitarist Billy McLaughlin to perform at Oakton Sep 10, 2013 1:58 PM
Artist Billy McLaughlin – who overcame incredible medical odds to perform again on stage – kicks off Oakton’s Performing Arts season with a concert of his complex and rhythmic guitar music at 8 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 21, at Studio One, 1600 E. Golf Road, Des Plaines.
Documentary focuses on sexual assaults in the U.S. military Sep 10, 2013 1:42 PM
The most shocking cover up in the United States military is not what you might expect: An estimated 30 percent of servicewomen are sexually assaulted during their enlistment. Learn more about this epidemic of violence in the armed forces at a free screening of “The Invisible War,” at 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 17, at the college’s Des Plaines campus, Room 1604, and 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at the Skokie campus, 7701 North Lincoln Ave., Room P103.
Waste management agency seeks public input Aug 30, 2013 6:07 PM
Concerned about garbage, recycling and other solid waste issues? The Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County will conduct a series of informational meetings in September.
Oakton presents program on climate change Aug 25, 2013 5:25 PM
Faculty members from Oakton Community College, in coordination with Organizing for Action and The Climate Reality Project, will present a commentary on climate change Tuesday, Aug. 27 at the college’s Skokie campus, 7701 N. Lincoln Ave.
Consider debt in financial outlook Aug 19, 2013 5:00 AM
A Glencoe letter to the editor: A focus on current reserves is similar to only focusing on the $10,000 in your savings account without considering your credit card debt of $13,000.
Best bets: Suburban Chicago's Got Talent countdown Aug 7, 2013 5:37 PM
Find out which of the top 10 finalists of Suburban Chicago's Got Talent will be the grand prize winner on Saturday at the Taste of Arlington Heights at Vail Avenue and Campbell Street in downtown Arlington Heights. The contest's online Fan Favorite will also be announced after all the finalists perform. Also, comedian Tone Bell, formerly of the NBC sitcom “Whitney,” performs standup this weekend at Zanies Comedy Club in Rosemont.
Oakton hosts nanotechnology open house Aug 6, 2013 10:07 AM
Learn about career opportunities in the growing nanotechnology industry at a free open house 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug.9, hosted by Oakton Community College at the conference center of the Illinois Science + Technology Park, 8045 Lamon Ave., Skokie. The event will be repeated at the same time and location on Thursday, Aug. 15.
Oakton’s Koehnline Museum features Chicago artists Jul 30, 2013 9:04 AM
Oakton’s Koehnline Museum of Art will open a new exhibit Thursday, Aug. 1, The Art of Leon and Sadie Garland. It is the first major exhibit celebrating this married artist couple, whose work captured Chicago and Europe during the early 20th century. An opening reception will be held the evening of Aug. 8.
Entries for Women’s Art Exhibition at Oakton due Aug. 8 Aug 1, 2013 11:39 AM
Female professional artists time is running out to submit entries in all media to Oakton Community College for “Bodies by Design: Modification, Coercion, and Resistance.” This juried art exhibition, co-sponsored by the Koehnline Museum of Art and Women’s and Gender Studies at Oakton, will run Oct. 3-25. Entries are due by Thursday, Aug. 8. There is no fee.
Oakton welcomes new coordinator for access, equity Jul 22, 2013 12:03 PM
Karishma Brownlee, a resident of Waukegan, joined Oakton Community College recently as coordinator for access, equity and student rights, a newly created position. Brownlee will serve as an advocate for students’ rights, handle formal complaints of violations of the college’s code of conduct, engage with students to create a more inclusive college climate, and coordinate training for faculty, staff and students.
Oakton Community College to hold fundraiser at Rivers Casino Jul 19, 2013 10:58 AM
Know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em at Scholar Chips, a glittering evening of entertainment at Rivers Casino hosted by Oakton Community College’s Educational Foundation to benefit student scholarships. Join the fun at 5 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23, in the casino, 3000 S. River Road, Des Plaines. A limited number of tickets are available for $60.
Libertyville entrepreneur puts fashion on wheels Jul 15, 2013 6:49 AM
When a friend gave Gina Crater-Lilja a sweater as a gift, she asked where the friend bought it. Off a truck, the woman said. That’s hardly the answer Crater-Lilja expected. But she loved the sweater and looked into a growing trend on the West Coast that offers fashion stores on wheels. That’s where Crater-Lilja got the idea to create Fashion in Motion in Lake County a couple of months ago.
Audit: Suburban governments far from transparent Jul 10, 2013 12:20 PM
When it comes to posting certain information on government websites that's readily available to the public, most suburban agencies have a long way to go before they'll be completely transparent, an audit from the Illinois Policy Institute has found. Of the 102 governmental agencies the institute audited, 70 posted scores of 60 points or below, a failing grade. “It's a missed opportunity to really engage the public to participate,” said Brian Costin, the institute's director of government reform.
Best bets: Revel in Ren Faire fun once again Jul 2, 2013 6:00 AM
Revel in the re-created world of Elizabethan England when the Bristol Renaissance Faire returns for its summer season this weekend near Kenosha, Wis. Fans of Japanese comics and cartoons won't want to miss the weekend-long Third Annual Anime Midwest Convention complete with meet-and-greet star sessions, video game competitions and more at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Rosemont.
Oakton gets nanotechnology grant Jun 28, 2013 9:52 PM
Oakton Community College has received a $250,000 grant from the Searle Funds at The Chicago Community Trus to educate industrial employees about the college’s nanotechnology program.
Oakton baseball player named to All-American First Team Jun 25, 2013 3:25 PM
The National Junior College Athletic Association recently named Oakton Community College sophomore outfielder Joe Walsh, of Palatine, to its 2013 Division II Baseball All-American First Team. Walsh was one of only 12 players in the nation to be designated to this prestigious squad.
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Rozner: Bears show true colors with McDonald signing
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Images: Easter egg hunts in the suburbs
- 'Going Clear,' 'Killing Jesus' and the enduring mysteries of faith
- Judson kicks off new inspirational world leaders series this fall
- March 4: CLC Board of Trustee candidate forum
- Son's illiness causes Maryland coach Frese to 'enjoy the moment'
- Willowbrook student wins Illinois National Geogaphic Bee
- What you don't know about Internet algorithms is hurting you
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Wheaton man charged with stealing from Downers Grove charity
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- LANDSCAPE - Landscape company seeks Sales and design person with exp. and 2 people exp. in brick paving. Call for job information. 630-973-8057 (id:4402395) GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Arlington Heights, IL company is seeking to fill a pt-time-first shift Graphic Designers position. InDesign; Strong in Illustrator-Photoshop. This position MAC only.Accuracy and consistency are key. Send resume to email@example.com for consideration. (id:4402023) DRIVERS - Janitor Hourly Pay and Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k Paid Vacation and Holidays Financially Sound Company Established 1934 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Apply in person at: Old Dominion Freight Line 255 W Oakton Des Plaines, IL 60018 Or Fax Resume to 847-827-5990 (id:4402037)
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - MAINTENANCE MECHANIC Full-Time Perform tasks in the operation, maintenance & repair of high-pressure steam, building, mechanical, electrical, & plumbing equipment as well as utility systems, with emphasis on pneumatic & digital controls & refrigeration. See details on posting at: https://elmhurst.simplehire.com (id:4402547) DRYWALL TAPER / FINISHER - Drywall taper/finisher for new construction and remodeling work Call Chuck 630-330-6326 (id:4402475) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722)
- WAREHOUSE PT - Warehouse PT, no exp. nec., up to 30 hrs/wk, morning & afternoon shifts available. Start at $10/hr. Apply at 6450 Muirfield Ct, Hanover Pk, IL 630-671-0100 (id:4401971) DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - Education -Arlington Heights School District 25 / Director of Facilities Management Opening: 12 mo/Full Benefits Preferred candidates: Degree in facilities management, engineering, or a closely related field; Must have strong interpersonal/leadership skills, knowledge of HVAC, electrical, grounds, etc. Apply at www.sd25.org (id:4402506) LINE COOK / DISHWASHER - Line Cook & Dishwasher Breakfast & Lunch only. Must be available days & weekends Apply in Person: 11302 US Hwy 12 Richmond, IL. Email: Americancafejobs@gmail.com (id:4402018)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.