Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Gilberts
Easter egg hunt for adults by moonlight and flashlight Mar 16, 2015 7:42 PM
With flashlight in hand, adults, age 18 and older, are invited to search for Easter eggs from 8 to 10 p.m. Friday, March 27, and Saturday, March 28, at Boy Scout Camp Big Timber in Elgin. The first-ever Three Fires Council Adult Flashlight Egg Hunt includes 6,000 numbered plastic Easter eggs scattered over 10 acres of wooded campground. Select eggs will be redeemable for prizes. The grand prize (each night) is a 42-inch flat screen television.
Health Insurance for People 65 + Years Mar 17, 2015 3:12 PM
This lesson will explore the options and tools necessary for health insurance decisions by people approaching or whom are already on Medicare.
Display your skills for collegiate coaches at JUCO Spring Hoops Showcase Mar 13, 2015 11:49 PM
High school and junior college men’s and women’s basketball players with collegiate aspirations are invited to display their talents for coaches at the JUCO 2015 Spring Showcase. The event takes place on Saturday, April 25, at Judson University in Elgin.
St. Laurence School presents ‘Behold the Lamb’ April 1 Mar 13, 2015 11:28 PM
St. Laurence Catholic School in Elgin is once again proud to present “Behold the Lamb,” a musical interpretation of the Passion of Jesus, on Wednesday, April 1.
Gilbert Elementary students tape principal to wall for charity Mar 13, 2015 7:48 PM
Gilberts Elementary School students held a "Stick it to Cancer" fundraiser, where they had the opportunity to donate $2 to purchase a piece of tape. Students used the tape to stick Principal Craig Zieleniewski to the wall.
Bring your items to Kane County Recycles event Mar 12, 2015 1:31 PM
The Kane County Recycles event will take place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 14, behind the Kane County Circuit Clerk’s Office at 540 S. Randall in St. Charles. This month’s event will feature document shredding.
Soar into Spring Craft Show March 21 in Elgin Mar 12, 2015 10:09 PM
The Soar into Spring Craft Show will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 21, at the Elgin Artspace. St. Featuring a wide variety for quality crafts, the show will offer a unique shopping experience perfect for shaking off the winter blues.
Fox Valley Volunteer Hospice to offer “Memories of Mom” Mar 12, 2015 10:18 PM
Fox Valley Volunteer Hospice is offering “Memories of Mom,” a support group for women who have experienced the death of their mother. The group meets Tuesdays, April 7 to May 12. Because many adult daughters share a bond with their mothers like no other, when a mother dies, the loss will continue to echo throughout a woman’s life as she copes with many realizations and changing roles.
Express Employment Professionals Hosts National Leadership Event Featuring Daymond John, Dan Aykroyd and Liz Murray Mar 13, 2015 4:02 PM
Back for its sixth year and sponsored by the Chicagoland Express Employment Professionals offices, the FREE event will be held Wednesday, April 8 at the Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N. River Road in Rosemont, Ill. Doors open at 7 a.m. and the program begins at 7:50 a.m.
GLMV Chamber of Commerce Presents Breakfast For Growth Seminar: ‘March Into Marketing You Biz’ - 3/18 Mar 12, 2015 10:13 AM
Get pro tips and discover how to use the power of marketing to increase exposure and visibility of your business, at the upcoming GLMV Chamber of Commerce Breakfast For Growth Seminar "March Into Marketing Your Biz" to be held Wednesday, March 18, 7:30 - 9 am at the GLMV Chamber Office, 1123 S. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville.
Join GLMV Chamber of Commerce at economic luncheon Mar 13, 2015 12:57 PM
Business leaders, managers and executives can prepare for the future at the GLMV Chamber of Commerce 2015 Economic Outlook Luncheon to be held Tuesday, March 17, at Dave & Busters, Westfield Mall, Vernon Hills.
Rockford Diocese invites you to join “Be Reconciled” Day March 25 Mar 10, 2015 9:19 PM
For the second year the Catholic Diocese of Rockford is inviting people to come to confession during its “Be Reconciled” initiative set for Wednesday, March 25. Bishop David J. Malloy, recognizing the need for God’s grace and forgiveness in the lives of Catholics, has again asked the 105 parishes in the 11-county diocese to add Wednesday, March 25, to their regular Lenten confession calendar and, where possible, to offer confessions that day from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Littlest Disciples Preschool to hold open house March 15 Mar 12, 2015 5:05 PM
First Congregational Church of Dundee is hosting an open house for parents interested in Littlest Disciples Preschool. The open house will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Sunday, March 15. Parents can view the preschool environment, meet the teachers, learn how the individualized curriculum can help children learn at their own rate and to their full potential, and obtain registration information.
Fox Valley Eagles Football to hold Combine and Showcase Mar 11, 2015 8:22 PM
The Fox Valley Eagles of the Iron Athlete Football League has announced the team will hold its combine tryouts at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 21, at the Intra Soccer Fieldhouse, 37W950 Mason and Tyrell roads in Elgin.
‘Serving Communities Together Patch’ awarded by Dundee Lions Mar 12, 2015 5:19 PM
16" -- NO WEB At the recent annual Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scout Pack 36, the Dundee Township Lions Club awarded four pack members the “Serving Communities Together Patch.” This is a patch designed by Lions Club International to recognize Scouts who have served alongside the Lions Club within the community. In 2014, the following Scouts have worked six hours or more in Dundee Township Lions Club events. They were: Andrew Lea, Andrew Bober, Tyler Sugel, and Sean Trznadel.
Learn about “Evernote for Genealogists” March 19 Mar 9, 2015 8:33 PM
Thomas MacEntee will be presenting through a live webinar, “Evernote for Genealogists,” at the evening meeting of the Elgin Genealogical Society on Thursday, March 19, at Gail Borden Public Library in Elgin.
Hampshire teams dominate 20th Dundee Lions Girls Basketball Tournament Mar 9, 2015 10:26 AM
Hampshire seventh- and eighth-grade middle school teams dominated the 20th annual Dundee Lions Girls Basketball Tournament but not without a struggle. The finals were Thursday, March 5, at Carpentersville Middle School.
Administer Justice offers free tax seminar Mar 6, 2015 4:07 PM
Administer Justice will hold a free tax seminar on Thursday, March 12. This bilingual seminar, presented by attorney and legal services director Judith Miller, will cover: why and when to file your taxes, filing status, exemptions, deductions, the Affordable Care Act, and how to avoid tax filing scams. The seminar is free, but space is limited.
Gilberts will vote on fiber cable network Mar 6, 2015 11:18 AM
Voters in Gilberts will decide if they want their town to be among few in the country that have fiber optic cable access for every home and business. The referendum question on the April 7 ballot will ask voters to authorize the village borrowing $5 million to build the fiber infrastructure. “It would set us apart," Village Administrator Ray Keller said.
Tinsley Ellis ‘Tough Love Tour’ comes to Elgin in March Mar 5, 2015 8:55 PM
The Tinsley Ellis “Tough Love Tour” comes to the Hemmens Cultural Center in downtown Elgin on Saturday, March 21. Presented by the Grafton Blues Association, Ellis will bring the soulfulness and expressiveness of his guitar playing to music that is gentle and melodic as well as to rip-roaring songs that are both poignant and humorous.
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Struwing, South Elgin capture tournament title
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- FACT CHECK: Myths in the political roar over Common Core
- Lake in the Hills man remembered for volunteering, passion for living
- Chef Massimo's Vegan Puttanesca Sauce
- Elgin man gets 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting girl
- Singapore urges restraint as Lee mourners queue for 10 hours
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Coyote rescued from car grille returns to wild
- State's attorney pledges help for suburban Sikhs
- Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7
- College of DuPage faculty: Endorsed candidates will bring integrity to board
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- Elk Grove Joe Caputo & Sons opening by July 4
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - West Chicago office looking for a full time person to perform credit, collection, and light data entry duties. $14 to $16 per hour plus full benefits. Email replies to firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4402421) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722)
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - LIFEGUARDS LAKESIDE VILLAS in Wheeling is looking for Lifeguards for the 2015 pool season. Guards must have current certification and be at least 18 years old or must be entering their senior year of high school in the fall of 2015. Working hours from Sunday thru Saturday. Starting pay is $10.50 per hour. If you are interested or need further information, please contact the community's Property Manager, Maria Cardenas at email@example.com or at(630) 627-3303. (id:4401876)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) HVAC TECHNICIAN - Seeking HVAC technican with 5 yrs. exp. for well established commercial co. Must be able to service RTU'S, unit heaters & air handlers. Benefits incl. health ins., pd vac & 401k. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401848) PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to email@example.com (id:4401406)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.